Empty our prisons by executing or excluding all repeat felons.

Hahaha:

YouTube - George Carlin on State Prison Farms

State Prison Farms by George Carlin

--------------------------------------

The problem I've got with the idea is that... hasn't it been tried before? Haven't we always sent our criminals to far off islands?

I guess Australia's doing pretty good nowadays. Maybe it's not such a bad idea.

asduhasdi.

I couldn't finish watching the first one. I don't think I've ever seen someone say such vile things. I don't know who this guy is but I guess it's supposed to be entertaining?

Better yet, let's make it a reality TV show and it can become a revenue MAKER! Yay for exploitation. I'm so glad we're better than them, I'd hate to be human garbage with no reverence for life like those bad people.

You've never actually met (or recognized if you did) a true sociopathic or psychopathic personality, have you?

I have...in a closed unit psychiatric ward. they were both there for killing people. One of them (who it was thought killed a least a couple adults) had dashed a baby's head in because his wife (who he'd purchased the baby for) was tired of playing mommy.

They're not human garbage, Amanda

They're not really quite human, either.

Imagine, if you can, something that looks human and can act perfectly human if it suits their purposes, but who has all the empathy and sympthay of a meat eating LIZARD.

THOSE are the people I'm talking about, Amanda.

I'm not advocating banishment to punish them, merely to protect even other prisoners who they're often locked down with in our current prison system.

Banishment would actually be more humane that what we do to those creatures, now.

Last edited:
You've never actually met (or recognized if you did) a true sociopathic or psychopathic personality, have you?

I have...in a closed unit psychiatric ward. they were both there for killing people. One of them (who it was thought killed a least a couple adults) had dashed a baby's head in because his wife (who he'd purchased the baby for) was tired of playing mommy.

Imagine, if you can, something that looks human and can act perfectly human if it suits their purposes, but who has all the empathy and sympthay of a meat eating LIZARD.

I'm not advocating banishment to punish them, merely to protect even other prisoners who they're often locked down with in our current prison system.

Banishment would actually be more humane that what we do to those creatures, now.

Why not just kill them?

Why not just kill them?

We could never get the public to accept such a simple solution. Banishment, which is a more complicated solution could be accepted. It is funny how that works.

Damn, if we could just kill them, we could create a SMASHER. The criminals walk into a room and the ceiling falls on them in a fraction of a second. The goo would all run out in scuppers to a collection tank, and we could turn it into rich fertilizer for the orchards of the west. At least something good could come from the criminals of this country. But, as I say, it is too simple and the people will never accept it.

I couldn't finish watching the first one. I don't think I've ever seen someone say such vile things. I don't know who this guy is but I guess it's supposed to be entertaining?

You've never heard of George Carlin?

Why not just kill them?

That is entirely a different issue that this one, isn't it?

The point here is that they are NOT being killed, but they are either in Mximum security hellholes, OR they are in the general population of prisons and they are a threat to both the less violent prisoners and the guards, too.

Let's NOT turn this into a death penalty debate, okay?

You've never heard of George Carlin?

Sucks gettin' old, doesn't it, YWN666?

What just happened to you is one of the first ways you discover you are, you know.

You make what you think is a perfectly sensible reference to somebody famous or to some well known saying, and some reasonable intelligent, reasonably well informed young person doesn't have a clue what on earth you're talking about.

It's scary how often that happens to me now.

I'll make a reference, say for example a biblical reference or a shakepearean reference, and somebody who I know if they were of my generation would be completely familiar with its meaning, won't know what I'm referring to.

Latest example?

I recent said to a college English major "Consider the lilies of the valley..." in a discussion about whether he should change majors so he'd be sure of getting a job.

He had like ZERO idea why that saying had anything to do with that issue.

I am getting so OLD.

That is entirely a different issue that this one, isn't it?

The point here is that they are NOT being killed, but they are either in Mximum security hellholes, OR they are in the general population of prisons and they are a threat to both the less violent prisoners and the guards, too.

Let's NOT turn this into a death penalty debate, okay?

Are you really this dense or are you looking for a fight? read the fucking thread title pal then come back to me.:cool:

Sucks gettin' old, doesn't it, YWN666?

What just happened to you is one of the first ways you discover you are, you know.

You make what you think is a perfectly sensible reference to somebody famous or to some well known saying, and some reasonable intelligent, reasonably well informed young person doesn't have a clue what on earth you're talking about.

It's scary how often that happens to me now.

I'll make a reference, say for example a biblical reference or a shakepearean reference, and somebody who I know if they were of my generation would be completely familiar with its meaning, won't know what I'm referring to.

Latest example?

I recent said to a college English major "Consider the lilies of the valley..." in a discussion about whether he should change majors so he'd be sure of getting a job.

He had like ZERO idea why that saying had anything to do with that issue.

I am getting so OLD.

I wasn't talking about Howdy Doody, I was talking about George Carlin who just died this year! I've seen him on TV and in movies over the past 30 years.

Aww, maybe I am gettin' old.

You give me way too much credit.

You're surprising me in this thread, I didn't think you were like this.

It sounds to me like you're advocating taking the worst possible people in a remote location where they would tear each other apart. And since it's going to be impossible to tell who is like the ones you say and others that have just committed a lot of crimes there will be others that aren't quite to that level of savagery that will have to deal with them too.

I'm not sure how that's more humane than keeping them locked up. If they aren't safe to be around then keep them locked up - always. If that's not humane... well you said yourself that they aren't exactly human.

Personally I think that a lot of people in prison need us to care more about them rather than less. And I don't mean in a more cable channels and better weight sets kind of way. People end up there because they feel worthless. Their anger is just their internal hurting being acted out. They don't have coping mechanisms. They don't have whole, working families to help them. They are our poor and unfortunate. I would like to find a way to help them, not turn them out to slaughter each other. The idea is just heartbreaking I don't understand how so many of you could forget that we are talking about people. Real, living people.

They aren't normal people. Perhaps on a semitropical island they would all become saints. They would at least have a chance at a second life outside confinement.

I wasn't talking about Howdy Doody, I was talking about George Carlin who just died this year! I've seen him on TV and in movies over the past 30 years.

George Carlin's most recent HBO special was 2008. Liking George Carlin does not make one old, the man is legend.

I wonder though what people would think about George Carlin's suicide routines.

Last edited:
George Carlin's most recent HBO special was 2008. Liking George Carlin does not make one old, the man is legend.

And I haven't seen the state prison routine but I wonder what people would think about George Carlin's suicide routines.

Sorry to make you guys feel old, but whoever he is he has a really foul mouth and a sick sense of humor.

Sorry to make you guys feel old, but whoever he is he has a really foul mouth and a sick sense of humor.

And that's why we love him.

But he can also be pretty serious sometimes well at least in that he actually has a point.

Last edited:
Are you really this dense or are you looking for a fight? read the fucking thread title pal then come back to me.:cool:

No, I'm not dense, nor am I looking for a fight.

Neither am I looking for another debate about the death penalty.

This thread is exploring the use of a banishment prison system.

Yeah, I know.

And that was my point.

A reasonable intelligent person but of another generation could have completely missed George's passing because to them George Carlin is a nobody.

tick tock.

Yeah, I know.

And that was my point.

A reasonable intelligent person but of another generation could have completely missed George's passing because to them George Carlin is a nobody.

tick tock.

Or maybe they don't follow stand up.

His comedy isn't exactly geared towards the old. Hell 3 years ago he dedicated several minutes to suicide jokes including an 'all suicide, all the time' cable station.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back