Empty our prisons by executing or excluding all repeat felons.

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Neubarth, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I know this sounds over-reactive, but I am fed up with crime and criminals back out on the streets just months after committing their former crimes. Either we use San Clemente Island off of the California Coast as a penile institution or we dispatch all career criminals.

San Clemente you say??? Sure why not. It has no population other than goats and rabbits.

Criminals who prove that they do not have the capability to live in society need to be separated from society permanently, so send the criminals to a place where they can form their own society.

The US Navy can be assigned to patrol off of the island so that no boats could approach and no improvised boats could escape. The waters for five miles around the island would be a free fire zone.

We could drop off lumber, hammers and nails by air drop so the convicts could build shanties. Provide them with spears and fishing equipment so they could fish the ocean that surrounded them. We could even send them a water barge every two weeks for drinking water, but they would have to build their own dams for irrigation purposes.

If they refused to establish a cooperative society and killed each other, tough! They would have to settle on their own form of government. Not our worry. Our only concern would be that they never return to the mainland.

If people in society could not agree to San Clemente, then we would have to change the constitution to accomodate the death penalty for all serious crime. I would prefer San Clemente.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  2. mightypeon

mightypeon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    You know, a smart man once said that a liberal is a conservative who spend a night in prison. I do not wish that a night in prison happens to you, but you seem like you need to have a good perespective on how it feels to be on the states wrong side.

3. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    I find it hard to take your posts as anything but crass attempts at humor because you just can not be serious. Prisoners, more than almost anyone else, need our compassion, not to plunge them even further into savagery. I just don't understand how anyone could feel the way you do about other human beings.

4. sky dancer

sky dancer Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are fed up with crime, don't be a criminal. It would be real nice if we could just zap all people we are fed up with to some planet somewhere. Let's start with all those who oversimplify complex social issues. Send them off to their own island where they can control everything.

Or, we can work on our own minds.

What makes more sense? Covering the earth in leather or wearing a pair of shoes?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2008
  5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Okay, there is something to be said for banishing people, rather than imprisoning them.

Done correctly, I might be willing to seriously consider this plan.

After all, some of the people we currently house in prison are a meance to the other prisoners and the guards, too.

I dread to think what kind of society those types might cobble together, but it might be more humane than the maximum security prisons we have now.

One thing I suspect we can all agree on...what we have now serves to dehumanize people whose grasp of humanity is already somewhat challenged already, right?

I might be inclined to think this makes some kind of sense on behalf of those prisoners who still have a shred of humanity, and who are currently living in the hell that their fellow prisoners make of our current system.

But I don't think the three time loser concept is a very good one. Far too many basically minor crimes are considered felonies when they are in fact merely minor infractions.

I think I'd be inclined to limit banishment to those who have proven to be extremely violent.

6. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199

Good on you edi! The fact remains that I talked about career criminals (i.e. recidivists). My father was murdered by criminals. I do not take too kindly to the criminal subhumans who pollute this planet.

Short of killing them, I am in favor of banishment. Let them try to live in a society of their own creation. Amanda thinks that we just need to give them more love and everything will be fine. Next, she will suggest that we put them on public assistance and all the drugs they want, and they will be good loving members of society.

We could start with banishing all murderers and then send all recidivist felons to San Clemente. The present system is a failed system and needs to be replaced.

7. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    That's not what I said.

I just don't see how making their existence worse is a good thing for anyone. Maybe throwing people away like garbage is your idea of a solution, it's not mine.

8. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I take it that you have never been violently gang raped? Probably never been robbed at knifepoint or gunpoint either? Anybody ever almost beat you to death and disfigure you just for the fun of it? Have you ever had a loved one murdered by violent criminals? It makes me wonder how you think you can live with these repeat animalistic criminals?

Repeat criminals need to be removed from society. Have you ever heard of "three strikes and you're out"?

My proposal would give these pieces of perverted shit an opportunity to create their own utopia on San Clemente Island. Just think of what a paradise they could create if they worked at it.

You want to keep them here in prison. You are very mean spirited. Remember, modern prison is cruel and unusual punishment. Banishment is not.

9. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    So I take it that you do not approve of the present prison system. That is my position, too. Banishment would be a kindness. These men who can not comply with the laws of society can form their own new society for the betterment of their kind.

Let me hear you say amen to that.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  10. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    you are truly insane...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1