Employer recruiters: Applicants are turning down jobs to stay on gov't handouts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Apr 6, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Recruiters: Some Unemployed Turn Down Jobs - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville

So, this was a September 2010 article. Recruiters were complaining that many applicants turned down a job because they preferred to simply stay on unemployment. And guess what? We extended unemployment later in 2010.

But what if we didn't? If we didn't extend unemployment, those people would then take the jobs they turned down. But we did extend it, and I bet those people are still on unemployment.

How can liberals not see this? Jobs are there. But if we keep giving handouts, people wont work. They'll take free money as long as they are offered it. THAT article in Sept 2010 says that. I bet if we rewrote history, and did not extend unemployment in 2010, then many of those people would've taken a job and be working TODAY rather than still on unemployment....bitching about not having a job.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    I have brought this up a number of times.One of the hosts on WABC radio in NY was curious as to why so many people were still out of work after 99 weeks of collecting and they were mad that it might finally be cut off.The callers all were of the same opinion.As long as the checks were coming in they saw no reason to even begin to look for work.

3. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Shit if you could get those bastards at the staffing services to actually do their fucking jobs it would be a miracle. They don't even want to talk to you unless you come in and tell them you will only take temporary positions, you will work jobs that require experience (i.e. not entry level) and you will take minimum wage.

Staffing Agencies suck the big one.

If you are actually looking for a frigging job they don't want anything to do with you.

Immie

4. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    PS Sorry about the language. I've been trying to work through staffing agencies and the minute you tell them you are looking for a permanent position, they are kicking your butt out the door.

Immie

5. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Basic rule of nature; subsidize what you want more of.

6. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    They shouldn't be given a choice in jobs, either take it or don't, we are still cutting off your benefits.:eusa_angel:

7. Malcom X

Malcom X Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Someone want to tell me where these job offers were, I'm about to pounce on that...

8. shintao

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Americans are lazy bastards, for the most part, and not like the workers in the EU.

9. shintao

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    A 5 sec. search................

TheLadders.com brings you real, open $100k+ jobs across every industry and sector. We currently have 64,340 jobs listed on our site, which makes us the most comprehensive listing of the best $100k+ jobs out there. Our recruiter database also allows you to connect with thousands of top recruiters to help you find that next job faster.
    If you're in the market for a $100k+ job, you won't find a better resource anywhere.
    :eusa_angel:

10. Malcom X

Malcom X Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for the link.