Employees love the new 15 dollar an hour minimum wage, they just wish they had a job to earn it...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep.......the left just says...if a business can't afford to pay 15 dollars an hour, they deserve to close up.......considering they were doing just fine before the arbitrary increase forced on them by left wing assholes........

A May Day Tale: Seattle Worker Loves $15 Minimum Wage — Until He Loses His Job

Devin Jeran, an employee at Z Pizza in Seattle, was stoked to get a raise, from $11 to $15 an hour as part of a new law that takes effect today.

He was happy to get a raise, when Seattle’s minimum wage went up to $11 an hour at the beginning of the month.

“I definitely recognize that having more money is important,” he told local TV station Q13-Fox, “especially in a city as expensive as this one.”

But that didn't last long. "Unfortunately, he’ll only enjoy that bigger paycheck for a few more months. In August, his boss is shutting down Z Pizza and putting him and his 11 co-workers out of work," the station reported.

Today, across the country, workers are striking. Some 21,000 AT&T Wireless workers were expected to walk off the job, WZVN reports. And the protests occurred around the world as workers demanded better pay and better working conditions, ABC reported.

But for Jeran, things are going to get worse, RedAlertPolitics reports.

"[Z Pizza] owner Ritu Shah Burnham said she just can’t afford the city’s mandated wage hikes.

“I’ve let one person go since April 1, I’ve cut hours since April 1, I’ve taken them myself because I don’t pay myself,” she told Q13. “I’ve also raised my prices a little bit, there’s no other way to do it.”

Small businesses in Seattle have up to six more years to phase in the new $15 an hour minimum wage, but even though she only has 12 employees, Z Pizza counts as part of a “large business franchise.” As a result, she is on a sped up timeline to implement the full raise.

“I know that I would have stayed here if I had 7 years, just like everyone else, if I had an even playing field,” she said. “The discrimination I’m feeling right now against my small business makes me not want to stay and do anything in Seattle.”

It's what happens when major policy decisions are made by people who have never actually had a Real Job.

I recently started a part-time gig as a driver - there are 250 of us, all part time. If the MW went to $15, we would ALL be out of work. The employer would figure out a way to force the customers to move their own cars.

Many living here didn't agree with 15 min wage either. Go to college, get a skill/degree.Now Im not so sure.

... did you know $70,000 is considered low income for a family of 4 in King and Snohomish counties? That is pretty high.

The homelessness has exploded here in the last couple years. Homeless camps are all along the expressway / people standing on street corners begging. I worked with a program helping people during the cold weather months... a HUGE amount of people showed up for these various services.
There are many different groups trying to help and it never seems to get any better.

Liberals tell business "if you can't pay $15.00 an hour, close your doors."

Business says "yes. We will."

Liberals say "yayyyy we won!"

Meanwhile in San Diego, they raised their m-wage in July 2016 from $10.50 to $11.50, and it's costing people their jobs. And the hardest hit are the young people looking for their 1st job, particularly minorities. All this bullcrap about higher wages leading to more demand and more jobs is absolute nonsense; there is no evidence that this has happened anywhere that I know of. What's happening instead is small business restaurants are closing down or in some cases automating people out of a job.

While non-food jobs in the San Diego MSA are increasing at a steady rate of about 1% (semi-annually) and 2% annually, restaurant job growth has tanked and fell by 3.5% over the most recent six-month period through March 2017. In terms of jobs, restaurant employment in the San Diego area has fallen by a stunning 4,700 jobs since last September, at a rate of almost 200 job losses per week. During the same period, employment outside the food industry increased by more than 12,000 jobs in San Diego.

Something's Killing San Diego Restaurant Jobs - How About That Minimum Wage Rise, Huh?

Forum List

Back