"EMERGENCY" Stimulus Passes on Friday.... Obama signs it 4 days later????

Sparky, if I could make any sense of either of your posts ... I think you agree that this bill is stupid ... I hope anyway. But please, wait for the hangover to clear up a bit next time.

Sparky, if I could make any sense of either of your posts ... I think you agree that this bill is stupid ... I hope anyway. But please, wait for the hangover to clear up a bit next time.

yes well, all those bizillions of tax $$$$$ does tend to make one euphoric Kitten

and yanno, the image does paint Congress something like a local bar, where partons are trying to get attention for a shot of their fav posion....

B.S.

As to transparency. If you can't read the bill or have it summarized for you in two weeks......How many times did the right just push a bill through when they were in charge and say fuck you dems?

Fucking hypocrisy from the losing right.

The irony of this post is fucking beautiful.

Has anyone answered the question of "why we are pissing away millions of taxpayer dollars flying to Denver"? wouldn't it be more fiscally responsible to sign the fucking thing in Washington??? HUh?

B.S.

As to transparency. If you can't read the bill or have it summarized for you in two weeks......How many times did the right just push a bill through when they were in charge and say fuck you dems?

no shit, rayboy doesnt seem to understand it doesnt fucking matter what people know in TWO WEEKS
they already voted on this stupidity and passed it

Has anyone answered the question of "why we are pissing away millions of taxpayer dollars flying to Denver"? wouldn't it be more fiscally responsible to sign the fucking thing in Washington??? HUh?

Because he is always in campaign mode?

It's the American Idol president ... and like the show meaningless and nothing but publicity and a pretty face. No skill, no experience ... just like the idols on the show.

B.S.

no shit, rayboy doesnt seem to understand it doesnt fucking matter what people know in TWO WEEKS

This is why I am pissed, they all voted on it before any of them even knew line 1. They all just voted based on who wrote it.

This is why I am pissed, they all voted on it before any of them even knew line 1. They all just voted based on who wrote it.

I think that's why a lot of people who actually follow this stuff are pissed.

Of course some Americans who don't follow day-to-day cultural events/politics (obviously, nobody on this board) and are just in love with Obama agree with it completely. They think its 100% certain we will be saved.

That's almost as bad as Bush taking 3 days to react to Katrina.:cuckoo:

If he signed a bill on Saturday or Sunday.........................

More anti meaningless drivel from the K.:lol:

At least he reacted. Kentucky is still waiting! Oh yeah, some rednecks freezing to death isn't really a good news story.

editec So they cannot have it both ways. They can [I said:
either[/I] say:

Nobody could have read this bill so that's why it shouldn't be voted upon now..

...OR they can complain

The net effects of this bill will NOT help.

And by saying that they imply that they have read the bill in its entirety and have understood it WELL ENOUGH to KNOW that it won't help

You get my point here?

NOBODY can say that they can KNOW it won't work. (not even if they read and understood it ALL)

Nobody can say that they KNOW it WILL work, either.(not even if they read and understood it ALL)

We are sailing uncharter waters, folks.

That all we can really know for sure, I think.

And that is, I suspect what Congress really knows, too.

you'll have to excuse me for snipping this out here Editec, because it seems people are pissed at the only quick card Congress had to play, and how it was played here.

there are what? 40 odd states in some sort of fiscal straits right now? Cali is considering iou's in lieu of tax rebates for instance, the plow crews in Minn. are cut back, and infastructure such as schools, libraries etc are at risk

i.e.- the entire nation is teetring on becoming insolvent, so we're spending our kids tax $$$ to thwart the obvious anarchy that would occur should this continue on

however, this is a quick fix ONLY, as traditionaly throwing tax $$$ at problems is , especially when the root of the problem goes unaddressed

allow me to expand on this please

we've been living in a sine wave economy , the highs and lows go back a century , and are relevant to our regulation of the market. which one also has to juxtapose with globalization

the general jist we all know, because we've lived it so many times, we've a 'bubble', it pops, the gov steps in, a few suits get spanked, and life goes on, in fact this has been such a repetitive headline event in the last number of decades one would need to be in a coma to have missed it

how it happens, in a nutshell is, our legislators loosen the riens for the sake of allowing competitiveness, and it's generally abused by those that can. Everyone remembers the crash, but few will recall the lobbying powers that allowed the mechanics of it to occur

if fact, many of said legislators may be long gone from the pix , or the party guard may have changed when the damage occurs....

what's left is a public crying party foul, which is about the biggest smoke screen ever concocted here, becuase both parties suck up to lobbying $$$'s

so this becomes a malady that the public can't focus on, too complex, too hard to follow, easier to play the partisan or right/left mental jerk offcanard

very few follow the $$$$'s to see who's quietly making good on these debacles, unaware of the market elietists who lobbyied for the risk behind the curtain are the ones who benifit from them as well

and hey, up to now, if the punishment justifies the crime, why not?

i would hope that this underlying concern , given the exponential disparity of late here, would be pushed more into the public eye, because THAT IS the real root problem to be addressed

why? because systemic problems are at our repeated expense ....

(edited for lack of literacy..)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back