Elvis Drafted 60 Years Ago This Week

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
1556373649.jpg

He and I went in the same year. He went to Germany. I went to France. But there was one hell of a difference between us!

He did want to serve and avoided a bunch of cushy jobs the military could've cooked up for him. In fact, when he landed in Germany, he went back to what he had done before becoming famous - driving trucks.

But, it didn't stop him from playing when he was off duty. And, it was then that he was introduced to uppers - something that would drive his life.

I know he's probably someone most of you look back on as an old fuddy-duddy but I've always thought he had a great voice and enjoyed almost everything he recorded. Sadly, those who ran his life seldom let him record the kinds of songs he wanted most.

Anyhow, this is an interesting story and I hope some of you will take the time to read it @ 60 years ago, Elvis Presley was drafted into the Army; he was never the same

Here's one of my favorites

It was relative peace time but Elvis didn't whine about being drafted. As a matter of fact he made it work for him.What ever you think about pop culture you have to admire him for it.

Forum List

Back