Elizabeth Edwards writes about husband's affair in book, 'Resilience'

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Despite feeling deeply deceived, Elizabeth Edwards nonetheless publicly stood by her husband's side, lending his candidacy the aura of a warm, loving family life.

But she had actually wanted him to quit the race to protect the family. Edwards admitted the hanky-panky to her days after declaring his candidacy in 2006 - almost a year before the National Enquirer reported it.

She was afraid of the destructive questions Edwards' affair with videographer Rielle Hunter would raise.

While Elizabeth still hasn't fully come to terms with her man's roaming, the memoir is laced with a powerful dose of forgiveness.

"I lie in bed, circles under my eyes, my sparse hair sticking in too many directions, and he looks at me as if I am the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. It matters," she writes.

full article:

Elizabeth Edwards writes about husband's affair in book, 'Resilience'

how could he? i could understand cheating on a healthy wife...hell i could understand if both consented....but your wife is dying...are a few years of fucking loyality too much to ask? or have the decency to hire a pro....do not have an on going emotional affair....

he is young....3 or 4 years would not have been so much....what is he now..a wanton man shunned by decent people...just ask joe diffie

Yeah, he cheated on his wife.

I cannot remember has any man or women ever cheated on a spouse before?

It's not just the fact that Edwards cheated that is surprising or horrifiying, it's the fact that he strayed when his wife needed him the most, during her fight against cancer.

She sounds like the character in the novel, The Senator's Wife by Sue Miller, which I wouldn't recommend reading. Delia just puts up with it even though he is a habitual philanderer.

Yeah, he cheated on his wife.

I cannot remember has any man or women ever cheated on a spouse before?

you are such a freaking hypocrite.. look at the abuse heaped on the Palin family because they had an unwed teenage daughter. stop with your victim mentality

Forum List

Back