Elitism vs. Realism

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
There is only one VP candidate who has actually felt the middle classes struggle, Palin. Who do you think will serve your interests as VP?

There is only one VP candidate who has actually felt the middle classes struggle, Palin. Who do you think will serve your interests as VP?

Neither one. It's not an important position, usually.

Neither one. It's not an important position, usually.

interesting that you'd try to diminish the position. dick cheney constructe our energy policy with his oil company exec and lobbyist buddies and was one of the architects of our failed Iraq policy along with his PNAC buddies.

Not to mention that 20% of all VP's end up being pres by virtue of resignation or death.

But keep downplaying it so sarah doesn't seem as unacceptable.

You do realize Sarah Palin has refused to release her tax returns until after tomorrow?

And you do realize that Joe Biden's family only makes $30,000 more then Sarah Palin's does a year.

:cuckoo:

interesting that you'd try to diminish the position. dick cheney constructe our energy policy with his oil company exec and lobbyist buddies and was one of the architects of our failed Iraq policy along with his PNAC buddies.

Not to mention that 20% of all VP's end up being pres by virtue of resignation or death.

what part of "usually" do you not understand?

Interesting that you bring up a VP that is on his way out. It's interesting that you don't bring up these comments.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVUPqoowf8]YouTube - Joe Biden On Barack Obama[/ame]

Today we are voting on funding our troops on the front lines. We can disagree about whether we should be in Iraq at all and we can disagree with the President’s failed policies, but as long as Americans are in harms way, we need to give them the best possible protection this country has. To me, that is a sacred obligation. In terms of protection, there are a lot of reasons to vote for this funding – it provides $2 billion to fight deadly Improvised Explosive Devices, it funds 25 C-130s to replace planes worn out by non-stop use moving people and supplies around the war zone, it gives more assets to families, it funds much needed military health care, and it provides $1.7 billion for Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles. That is a good thing.
http://biden.senate.gov/press/statements/statement/?id=D35757FD-2717-4FDF-843F-AB7ACF216B26

Opps...the record speaks more clearly than the talking points I guess...:eusa_whistle:

Interesting that you bring up a VP that is on his way out. It's interesting that you don't bring up these comments.....

YouTube - Joe Biden On Barack Obama

Today we are voting on funding our troops on the front lines. We can disagree about whether we should be in Iraq at all and we can disagree with the President’s failed policies, but as long as Americans are in harms way, we need to give them the best possible protection this country has. To me, that is a sacred obligation. In terms of protection, there are a lot of reasons to vote for this funding – it provides $2 billion to fight deadly Improvised Explosive Devices, it funds 25 C-130s to replace planes worn out by non-stop use moving people and supplies around the war zone, it gives more assets to families, it funds much needed military health care, and it provides $1.7 billion for Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles. That is a good thing.
Senator Joe Biden — Senator for Delaware: Press Room - Statement

Opps...the record speaks more clearly than the talking points I guess...:eusa_whistle:

Jreeves you finally going to respond to my comments? :razz:

YouTube - Joe Biden On Barack Obama

http://biden.senate.gov/press/statements/statement/?id=D35757FD-2717-4FDF-843F-AB7ACF216B26

Biden has a son in the military and has always been a staunch supporter of the troops. If he did not vote for more money for the troops, I would have to believe there was some reason for it (like they didn't need it maybe?). Giving our military more money is not always the answer. How about using the billions upon billions that we give them more efficiently? A novel concept for Republicans, I know. Try not to hurt yourself wrapping your head around it :eusa_whistle:

You still did not answer my question from before. Care to explain yourself?

Palin's tax returns....a non-issue...its still before Nov. 4th

Palin and Biden family are you serious? What are you talking about?

It is a issue if she wants to say she is part of the middle class. The Clintons didn't want to release their tax returns later because they made so much. (Though I'm not saying that she makes even nearly that much.)

What I meant by families is Joe Biden and Sarah Palin's earned income as a household.

Joe Biden makes $30,000 a year more then Palin does as a household. And that's because his wife is a teacher and he gets royalities from his book.

Sorry to come in late here guys but I must say, this comment is so irrelevant, I don't even know why you bothered. First of all, both Palin and Biden come from working class backgrounds and their current family incomes are very close. Comparing them in this way doesn't really prove anything. I think Palin's an idiot but it's not because I think she is far removed from the economic struggles of the average American.

Furthermore, these two are running for VP, not Pres. How about the incredible difference between John McCain and Barack Obama. Barack's net worth: $1.5 million, John McCain: $40 million. These two are running for the highest office in the land. Wanna talk about elitism? Which one of these is most likely to serve the interests and needs of the average American?

It is a issue if she wants to say she is part of the middle class. The Clintons didn't want to release their tax returns later because they made so much. (Though I'm not saying that she makes even nearly that much.)

What I meant by families is Joe Biden and Sarah Palin's earned income as a household.

Joe Biden makes $30,000 a year more then Palin does as a household. And that's because his wife is a teacher and he gets royalities from his book.

Well if Palin hasn't released her tax returns how in the heck do you know that Biden only makes 30K more?

Well if Palin hasn't released her tax returns how in the heck do you know that Biden only makes 30K more?

Assuming the salaries of what Sarah Palin makes as a governor and Todd Palin's job.

Biden has a son in the military and has always been a staunch supporter of the troops. If he did not vote for more money for the troops, I would have to believe there was some reason for it (like they didn't need it maybe?). Giving our military more money is not always the answer. How about using the billions upon billions that we give them more efficiently? A novel concept for Republicans, I know. Try not to hurt yourself wrapping your head around it :eusa_whistle:

You still did not answer my question from before. Care to explain yourself?

Evidently Biden felt that the money that was proposed in the bill, that Obama voted against was being used efficently, because he supported it.

By Elitism I mean....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLe3_1a_KUs&feature=related]YouTube - Biden Has Worst Possible Rating For Wasteful Spending[/ame]

Hillary Clinton believes that Barack Obama has finally handed her a real opportunity to win the Democratic nomination after his comments that “bitter” small-town Americans “cling to guns or religion”, perhaps the greatest blunder of his presidential campaign.
Barack Obama's 'guns and religion' blunder gives Hillary Clinton a chance - Times Online

if you've got 5 kids and make $215K (for the last 18 months, less before.) and live in AK (check the cost of living there) you're decidedly middle class.
at best.

i like Joe Biden, but he has as much in common with the middle class as paris hilton does. to pretend otherwise is absurd.

From what I know, Biden, as his father's story demonstrates middle class values. Palin's husband is union and has pay and benefits others do not, and her almost flunking out of college and having to make up courses in a junior college isn't middle class, it is the lazy elitists who do that. See we can see things differently, but in the end it is the McCain / Palin political philosophy that should move us forward? Does it? No, from the facts on the table.

"This is the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

The Whiner's Recession | CommonDreams.org
The Conservative Nanny State
CEPR - America Since 1980: A Right Turn Leading to a Dead End

Last edited:

Forum List

Back