Elisabeth Warren Flip Flop: I Never Claimed to be Cherokee, Oh Wait I Sure Did!

Well I just fell into this. Looks like Ms Warren will have some 'splainin to do. No running from this request.

More than 150 Cherokee Indians have joined a group online demanding more information from Massachusetts senate candidate Elizabeth Warren about her claims of Native American heritage.

“You claim to be Cherokee. … We don’t claim you!” the group “Cherokees Demand Truth from Elizabeth Warren” declares on its website.

Whoa geeze.

The group said they are made up of descendants from the Cherokee Nation, the United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians and the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians.

“Our mission is to help people understand what a real Cherokee is and to show why Elizabeth Warren claiming to be Cherokee without proof is harmful and offensive to us.”

Cornell Law School professor William A. Jacobson first reported the existence of the group Wednesday morning on his Le-gal In-sur-rec-tion blog.

The group states on its website that the group is led by Twila Barnes and David Cornsilk.

“I would like to meet with Ms. Warren, in person, and explain why her false claim of Cherokee ancestry is an issue,” Barnes told Breitbart.com.

“She can ignore the questions of a reporter, but can she ignore the questions of a real Cherokee?”

Read more: Cherokees to Elizabeth Warren: 'We don't claim you!' | The Daily Caller

That's hilarious coming from The Daily Caller (aka Tucker Carlson)...

How does Tucker make this situation funny?

Don't you believe that the Cherokees have a right to some answers from Ms. Warren?

Here's another source you might find more palatable to your delicate liberal senses. WRKO out of Boston.

Wed, 30 May 2012

Elizabeth Warren has, effectively, told the new Cherokees Demand Truth from Elizabeth Warren group launched this morning by Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes and fellow Cherokee David Cornsilk to go away and stop bothering her. We spoke with Twila about the purpose of this group and their reaction to Warren's response which they felt was a spit in the eye..

http://audio.wrko.com/a/57163272/twila-barnes-and-the-cherokee-nation-demand-answers.htm

Last edited:
I am reminded of Al Gore inventing the internet.

Don't they make a cute couple...

Oh, goodie, some more wingnut distortions. Read and learn...

snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet

So you are claiming Gore did not say:

Wolf Blitzer's question: "Why should Democrats, looking at the Democratic nomination process, support you instead of Bill Bradley,"

Gore responded:

I'll be offering my vision when my campaign begins. And it will be comprehensive and sweeping. And I hope that it will be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel that it will be. But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

Al Gore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lets hope this important issue keeps trivial issues like the Wall Street melt down and subsequent tax payer bail out..out of the media.

Because..um..this is very important.

The character of the 100 people who run the senate is very important and very related to their qualifications to be a Senator.

Deflection fail, try again.

"The character of the 100 people who run the senate is very important and very related to their qualifications to be a Senator."

If only it were so.....

"At a ceremony honoring veterans and senior citizens who sent presents to soldiers overseas, Attorney General Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut rose and spoke of an earlier time in his life.
We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Mr. Blumenthal said to the group gathered in Norwalk in March 2008. “And you exemplify it. Whatever we think about the war, whatever we call it — Afghanistan or Iraq — we owe our military men and women unconditional support.”

There was one problem: Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/nyregion/18blumenthal.html?pagewanted=all

Blumenthal won in the Liberal Democrat state of Connecticut...

Think the same folks would elect a rapist as President?
Oh, right...they did.

I know PC, remember I am from MA and we re-elected Ted Kennedy several times after he drove his car off the bridge in Chappaquiddik and killed Mary Jo Kopechne as a result.

Lets hope this important issue keeps trivial issues like the Wall Street melt down and subsequent tax payer bail out..out of the media.

Because..um..this is very important.

The character of the 100 people who run the senate is very important and very related to their qualifications to be a Senator.

Deflection fail, try again.

"The character of the 100 people who run the senate is very important and very related to their qualifications to be a Senator."

If only it were so.....

"At a ceremony honoring veterans and senior citizens who sent presents to soldiers overseas, Attorney General Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut rose and spoke of an earlier time in his life.
We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Mr. Blumenthal said to the group gathered in Norwalk in March 2008. “And you exemplify it. Whatever we think about the war, whatever we call it — Afghanistan or Iraq — we owe our military men and women unconditional support.”

There was one problem: Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/nyregion/18blumenthal.html?pagewanted=all

Blumenthal won in the Liberal Democrat state of Connecticut...

Think the same folks would elect a rapist as President?
Oh, right...they did.

Warren pretends to be part Cherokee, Blumenthal pretended to serve in Vietnam and Obama pretended to be born in Kenya.

They're Democrats, they're just different

Last edited:
The New England Geneological Society thinks she probably IS 1/32 NA, can't prove it. She doesn't think she's lying about anything, SO SHE'S NOT! Jeeebus what OCD dupes/fools/haters. Try policy, not stupid gossip.... Pub dupes!!:cuckoo::cuckoo::lol:

The New England Geneological Society thinks she probably IS 1/32 NA, can't prove it. She doesn't think she's lying about anything, SO SHE'S NOT! Jeeebus what OCD dupes/fools/haters. Try policy, not stupid gossip.... Pub dupes!!:cuckoo::cuckoo::lol:

why do you lie, frankie? i realize you have a significant amount of brain damage, but really, you're starting to be even more of an embarrassment than you usually are. shut the fuck up. :thup:

The New England Historical Genealogical Society, which originally announced they found evidence of Elizabeth Warren’s Native American heritage, said today they have discovered no documentation to back up claims that she is 1/32 Cherokee

“NEHGS has not expressed a position on whether Mrs. Warren has Native American ancestry, nor do we possess any primary sources to prove that she is,” said Tom Champoux, spokesman for the NEHGS. “We have no proof that Elizabeth Warren’s great great great grandmother O.C. Sarah Smith either is or is not of Cherokee descent.”

Genealogical society: No proof of Warren’s Cherokee heritage found - BostonHerald.com

So guys how many napkins does she use a month?

:eusa_angel: I have no idea how old she is, but by looking at her pictures, i'd say that her need for "napkins" would be solely for wiping her mouth. That is, after she's done eating her acorn stew, venison, and fried bread by her teepee under the starlit sky; while listening to the Massachusetts wolves howl.

No doubt the NEGS is also sick of loudmouth dupes and the huge Pub Propaganda Machine too, and their usual gigantic tidal wave of BULLSHYTTE about irrelevant GOSSIP.. Try some actual POLITICS and RELEVANT FACTS about crappe Pub policy and their crappe HISTORY of ruining America and the world....Pub dupes- stupidest voters in the modern world, for the worst party ditto.

the cherokees seem more than a bit miffed about it.

they must be ocd pub dupes, huh?

:rofl:

Your total bullshytte Pub Propaganda Machine link, OCD dupe?

BTW, should Pubs be rewarded for putting us in this mess (WORLD DEPRESSION and dumbazz wars, huge growth of AlQaeda), and now paralyzing the gov't since 2/2010 (and they even lie about THAT)? "No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME).Why in the world do you vote for these disastrous, lying incompetents?

the cherokees seem more than a bit miffed about it.

they must be ocd pub dupes, huh?

:rofl:

Your total bullshytte Pub Propaganda Machine link, OCD dupe?

BTW, should Pubs be rewarded for putting us in this mess (WORLD DEPRESSION and dumbazz wars, huge growth of AlQaeda), and now paralyzing the gov't since 2/2010 (and they even lie about THAT)? "No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME).Why in the world do you vote for these disastrous, lying incompetents?

adjust your meds, asshat.

Forum List

Back