Zone1 Eliminate the Pitbull Menace

If those owners would control the animal there wouldn't be a problem.
A loose pit is like the cop who continually loses his gun in the bathroom at a high school.
Eventually someone's gonna get hurt.
I agree, all I'm saying is there will always be pit bull owners who want the aggressiveness so it will be impossible to eliminate the breed.

I reconsidered my position years ago and he has kept his G-d given body intact. Never fled my property. Yeah he has whined when females go by and I get it, but the alternative was worse. I have been a good owner.
This isn't the religion forum.
You put the dog at risk and unless you were breeding the animal his inability to breed caused him stress every spring and fall.

This isn't the religion forum.
You put the dog at risk and unless you were breeding the animal his inability to breed caused him stress every spring and fall.
It gives him motivation. When he runs it off he feels great. He doesn't just lounge around an apartment, he is out running, walking, releasing steam.

He has never snapped at me and he listened to me.

Do you think the alternative is worse when all of those years his natural hormones weren't being secreted throughout his body?

I made the best health decision for him and he hasn't mated.

Too bad our politicians do not have the guts to outlaw pit bulls.

Why? How is that any different from all guns just because shootings occur. Any dog could attack somebody, does that mean that we just wipe out the whole entire canine population? As I said before, the only dog that ever attacked me was Chihuahua and I've been around somewhere between four to six Pitbulls at least in my lifetime and maybe even more.

It gives him motivation. When he runs it off he feels great. He doesn't just lounge around an apartment, he is out running, walking, releasing steam.

He has never snapped at me and he listened to me.

Do you think the alternative is worse when all of those years his natural hormones weren't being secreted throughout his body?

I made the best health decision for him and he hasn't mated.
Have you?
Switch places.
Now you're unable to mate despite the desire and ability to do so.
Still happy?

It's a handler's responsibility to make themselves fit and competent to turn the switch on or off.
Okay, but he said they were bred this way.

And that is correct. They were.

If a handler has never seen their dog be aggressive, they cannot predict unpredictable, aggressive behavior. That doesn't mean they are not liable, but it is still unfortunate.

Okay, but he said they were bred this way.

And that is correct. They were.

If a handler has never seen their dog be aggressive, they cannot predict unpredictable, aggressive behavior. That doesn't mean they are not liable, but it is still unfortunate.

Yeah, I wasn't really thinking in terms of liability. I was speaking more so about competency/qualification. In that regard, there is no such thing as the unpredictable. Not really.

You have to know what you're working with and be capable of maintaining control, else you get what happens so often wth certain breeds.

Have you?
Switch places.
Now you're unable to mate despite the desire and ability to do so.
Still happy?
If I had no testosterone in my system in my developmental years what do you think my body would look like? My bodies overall functioning and symbiotic relationship with the rest of my organs?

You don't remove such a critical part of any animals development without serious health consequences. I did the research as best I could and I feel quite comfortable with my decision and his health consequences.

There is no one who has met my dog who believes he is his age. He looks and interacts like a spring chicken, even as his back legs and age have slowed him down. He looks 7 or 8 for his breed. A beautiful, whole animal.

Last edited:
I disagree with the fundamental statement of the OP.

Pitbulls are not more dangerous than other dogs. In fact, their typical demeanor is sweeter than most dogs. That is why those shitstains that fight them have to steal "bait dogs" to teach pitties how to fight. And abused dog will always protect itself.

I have a pit mix.
My oldest daughter has 2 pitbulls.
My next oldest daughter has 2 pitbulls.
My youngest daughter has a pitbull.

All of them are as sweet and gentle as you could ask for.

Now, if you laid hands on one of my daughters I cannot promise the pit will not attack. But so will my ex-wife's daschund, or my son's lab mix.

I like all animals, even pits.
Pitbulls have some wonderful traits but it is the "not so wonderful" traits that make them a menace.

They were bred for aggressiveness, strength, bred to fight.

Personally I've witnessed multiple pitbull attacks on other dogs and children. The attacks appear to be unprovoked but not from the pit's perspective.

The problem isn't the dogs, it is the owners.
These animals need to be properly trained, socialized, and under positive control 100% of the time.
Unfortunately many pitbull owners

The solution: Require, by law, that all pits and pit mixes be spayed or neutered with significant fines for owners and vets who fail or refuse to comply.

Over time, maybe 10 years or so, almost all pitbulls will die and the breed will disappear.

some might call this cruel but we, as a nation, kill some 10 MILLION of these animals annually in "shelters."
10 Million.

That's a lot of dead dogs and, still, the problem persists.

We can't remove the owners so the logical solution is to remove the breed.
The problem with this is that “pit bull” is not a breed and “pit mixes” are only so e one’s guess.

IMO…anyone who owns a large, powerful dog regardless of breed has an extra responsibility to ensure the dog is well trained, well managed and controlled, and well socialized. Even though those (expletive) Chihuahuas are much more likely to bite…the damage they inflict is quite limited.

Originally bred as a protection animal dobermans do have a level of aggressiveness that is multiplied by their athleticism. But, there is a reason why the fell out of favor with police and military.
There've been a total of 3 doberman attacks reported in the last 10 years as opposed to 20 over the previous 20 years.

This chart shows dog attacks by breed between 2014 and 2020
The Doberman is 14th on the list 4 spots behind Labs and more than 50% fewer incidents.

But back to the topic. Pits lead all by 600% in attacks and 1100% in deaths.

View attachment 899891
The Doberman, fell out of favor with the military was due to handler loyalty. Shepherds will follow any command, no matter who speaks it. Doberman I'm print on thier owners. Not a great fit, where dogs need to be reused when a handler is cured of his O2 addiction...

The Doberman, fell out of favor with the military was due to handler loyalty. Shepherds will follow any command, no matter who speaks it. Doberman I'm print on thier owners. Not a great fit, where dogs need to be reused when a handler is cured of his O2 addiction...

"when a handler is cured of his O2 addiction..." ???? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg: Best line I have seen on here in a while.

If I had no testosterone in my system in my developmental years what do you think my body would look like? My bodies overall functioning and symbiotic relationship with the rest of my organs?

You don't remove such a critical part of any animals development without serious health consequences. I did the research as best I could and I feel quite comfortable with my decision and his health consequences.

There is no one who has met my dog who believes he is his age. He looks and interacts like a spring chicken, even as his back legs and age have slowed him down. He looks 7 or 8 for his breed. A beautiful, whole animal.
I see you failed to respond to the question.

Why is that?

The problem with this is that “pit bull” is not a breed and “pit mixes” are only so e one’s guess.
"Pit bull" refers to a collection of animals

Pit mixes are reasonably easy to ID.
A photo from the local shelter
1707569294596.png

Almost all of these animals is a pit mix.
It's not hard to recognize pits.
Square head, short (not floppy) ears, powerful build with a large weight/height ratio.
Can you ID the animal above who is NOT a pit mix? (hint, think Dane)

Almost all of the animals above will eventually be euthanized.

Unless an owner plans to breed the animal all dogs should be spayed or neutered. ALL dogs and cats.
Seriously, who plans to breed a pit mix?
Unless the owner is a registered breeder the animals should be neutered or spayed.

Forum List

Back