Electric vehicles close to ‘tipping point’ of mass adoption

You are a stupid liar.

How Long Does it Take to Charge a Tesla?

If you are low it will take you at least 1 hour to recharge to 80% level

You need to learn how to read your own links before opening your dumb mouth.

Max Charging Rate - Model Y Long Range - up to 250 kW

V2 Superchargers - Charge Time: Usually 30 minutes to an hour
V3 Superchargers - Charge Time: Usually 15 to 40 minutes

Last edited:

You are being dishonest here since those superchargers also degrade the life the battery much faster, not only that they are NOT used at home at all.

You chose the highest possible charging rate Tesla has, but most people don't use it, here is the standard charging rate most Tesla owners would use:

Auto Pilot Review

Home Charging Times with Wall Connector​

Here’s a chart of typical home charging times based on your 240V circuit amps:

CircuitkWRange Per Hour
60 amps11.530 to 44 miles (Model X to Model 3)
40 amps7.720 to 30 miles
20 amps3.88 to 15 miles

So, if you are charging from a drained battery, it will typically fully charge overnight. If you are charging from a daily commute (say 50 miles or less), it will usually charge back up in a couple hours of charging time.

Tesla also includes a portable charger called a “Mobile Connector” that can be used as a backup in a pinch to charge from regular 110-volt wall outlets (i.e. NEMA 5-15, a standard 3-prong plug). However, charging time using the Mobile Connector is the slowest way to charge and should only be used in emergencies. For example on a 15 amp circuit, you’d only get around 3 miles of range per hour of charge.

=====

Vehicle suggest

Tesla Supercharger Effect on Battery Life: Does it Degrade Battery Life

Excerpt:

Supercharger Effect on Battery Life

In recent months Tesla has been working hard to discourage supercharger use for all but long-distance travel promoting destination charging and home-based charging as a more sensible solution for the vast majority of Tesla customers. In this case the reduction in supercharger speed for Tesla cars with a high supercharger use isn’t a punishment. it’s a way to protect the batteries and thus ensure the car continues to operate properly for many more years to come. Tesla gave customers with supercharger enabled cars unrestricted access to its supercharger network regardless of how many miles they drove or how old their car was. but last year that policy switched to only providing 400 kilowatt hours of free power per year for those buying brand-new Tesla. Tesla then offering customers the chance to buy additional supercharger credits as and when needed, that policy change caused quite a ruckus among Tesla fans but over the weekend another supercharger story surfaced which suggests that some owners especially those who use the supercharger network a lot but experiencing maximum charge rates during their cars supercharger sessions that were far lower than the superchargers theoretical maximum power.

Bolding mine
======

Supercharging the battery should be rare as part of a good battery maintenance program.

Stop being dishonest!

Last edited:

Usually. In the real world that equates to rarely. Go ahead and take a look at all of the EV owners videos.

Less than 40% of the time do they get even half the rate of charge they want.

You are being dishonest here since those superchargers also degrade the life the battery much faster, not only that they are NOT used at home at all.

You chose the highest possible charging rate Tesla has, but most people don't use it, here is the standard charging rate most Tesla owners would use:

Home Charging Times with Wall Connector​

Here’s a chart of typical home charging times based on your 240V circuit amps:

CircuitkWRange Per Hour
60 amps11.530 to 44 miles (Model X to Model 3)
40 amps7.720 to 30 miles
20 amps3.88 to 15 miles

So, if you are charging from a drained battery, it will typically fully charge overnight. If you are charging from a daily commute (say 50 miles or less), it will usually charge back up in a couple hours of charging time.

Tesla also includes a portable charger called a “Mobile Connector” that can be used as a backup in a pinch to charge from regular 110-volt wall outlets (i.e. NEMA 5-15, a standard 3-prong plug). However, charging time using the Mobile Connector is the slowest way to charge and should only be used in emergencies. For example on a 15 amp circuit, you’d only get around 3 miles of range per hour of charge

Yup, and to get a full charge via a typical home solar array would take several weeks.

I was not dishonest about anything and nothing you've just said contradicts in any way me saying that I took long trips in my Model Y and it was fine.

You consistently have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited:
I was not dishonest about anything and nothing you've just said contradicts in any way me saying that I took long trips in my Model Y and it was fine.

Stop running your idiot mouth.
You are an asshole, you used the very highest charging rate from my link making it seem I was wrong, then when I pointed out the standard charging way for most EV owners (Home charging), you ignore it and make another obvious lie.

You ignored this completely because it makes the point that supercharging the Battery should be used sparingly, if you are using them a lot then your cars battery will fade a lot faster and your "long" trips will become impossible.

Supercharger Effect on Battery Life​

In recent months Tesla has been working hard to discourage supercharger use for all but long-distance travel promoting destination charging and home-based charging as a more sensible solution for the vast majority of Tesla customers. In this case the reduction in supercharger speed for Tesla cars with a high supercharger use isn’t a punishment. it’s a way to protect the batteries and thus ensure the car continues to operate properly for many more years to come.

Usually. In the real world that equates to rarely. Go ahead and take a look at all of the EV owners videos.

Less than 40% of the time do they get even half the rate of charge they want.
I don't need to look at any videos, I drive it and I took a number of long trips. It was fine and we never really felt held up by charging.

If you need to get somewhere far ASAP, 2min stops, eat while driving etc. then ev is going to slow you down.

But just normal drving with basic stretch and restaurant stops it works fine.

Last edited:
You wake up and your car is charged, 40 amps is plenty.

I run 32 amp off of standard 14-50 outlet and never needed more.
Never disputed it, heck I even showed that is the standard way to do it for most owners for best battery life and performance.

I have already said EV are good for city driving, but not for LONG trips since standard recharging will not be fast enough for people who would have to wait a few hours, fast charging if used regularly will degrade the battery much faster but will greatly reduce waiting time, its a 20/20 catch.

You are an asshole, you used the very highest charging rate from my link making it seem I was wrong,

Nope, you are the asshole that called me dishonest using links that actually showed that there was no good reason to doubt my honesty.

Nope, you are the asshole that called me dishonest using links that actually showed that there was no good reason to doubt my honesty.
Actually your lack of honesty is well known among many in the forum because you lie a LOT!

Notice you still haven't countered my claim, you come back with nothing again, while you ignore the fact that most people don't use superchargers, they do most of their charging at home which fact you keep ignoring over and over.

That is why no one else is supporting your dishonest misleading bullshit!

Actually your lack of honesty is well known among many in the forum because you lie a LOT!

Notice you still haven't countered my claim, you come back with nothing again, while you ignore the fact that most people don't use superchargers, they do most of their charging at home which fact you keep ignoring over and over.

That is why no one else is supporting your dishonest misleading bullshit!

Moron, what did I lie about?

"Most people don't use superchargers" BECAUSE THEY CHARGE AT HOME. You get home, you plug in your car and you are done, why the hell would you use supercharger for regular commute?

Doesn't mean anything about supercharging stops you would use for long distance trips and it doesn't mean I lied about something, you are spouting stupid nonsense.

Last edited:
I don't need to look at any videos, I drive it and I took a number of long trips. It was fine and we never really felt held up by charging.

If you need to get somewhere far ASAP, 2min stops, eat while driving etc. then ev is going to slow you down.

But just normal drving with basic stretch and restaurant stops it works fine.

So, you stop for a meal every three hours? Get real.

More electric cars, less natural gas and nuclear power.

What could go wrong?
I know that thinking is difficult for connedservatives.

Try pondering the effects of fossil fuel extraction and burning. See if you "think" that southern WV is worse off with the mountaintops removed and the streams poisoned.

Forum List

Back