Electric Vehicle sales are sucking!!!

World-EV-sales-2013.png

And that was last year.

Until they're priced competetively with gas-powered what dya expect.

Kinda funny.........and turned into knee slapping for myself and my two kids, 11 and 14.

On our way back home to New York from Ct, we stopped at a newly completed, state of the art rest stop.........

Saw 4 electric charging station thingy's.....all clearly marked. Had never seen them in these parts before. So.....my kids and I had lunch and sat at a picnic bench for about 35 minutes while hundreds and hundreds of cars plowed by on the Merrit Parkway!!

How many cars stopped to charge up?

Exactly zero..........my kids and I got back into our cars and laughed even harder as a Ferrari Italia pulled into one of the charge spaces!!!

Hysterical stuff.........:coffee:

It's a hybrid, not electric. The car belonging to the ultra-liberal wife of a conservative friend. It's in their garage, driven in - not backed in.

It won't start.

They've been warned not to try to jump start it.

They've been warned not to try to push it out.

They've been told the only safe way to get it out is to have the front jacked up and placed on a dolly - then push it out so it can be hauled up onto a flatbed and trucked to the dealership some 40 miles away.

Now that may or may not be true but it their dealer's service manager telling them those things.

Husband is smirking.
Wife is believing.
Service manager is rubbing his hands in glee.

So who's right?

The only certain one I can see is the service manager.

Woaaaaaaaaahhh!! Cant let this gem of a thread slip into oblivion. Slipping to page 2 ftl. THAT cant be happening.

People who come into this forum need to know whats REALLY up with green vehicles.

Still a joke........

The new Formula E promulgated by the FIA is a hoot. We watched a couple of the races and other than the crash in the first race they are pretty boring. What's hilarious is they have to use TWO cars. TWO!. So a pit stop consists of hopping out of one car and jumping into the other one. Lame, lame, lame.

Not what one would call efficient!

Here's the start of the very first race.

Tesla D New P85D will go from 0-60 in under 3 seconds unofficially to put it in land of supercars Electrek

We’ve just gotten word that the marquee feature of tomorrow’s Tesla event will be the P85D, a “supersport” version of the Tesla Model S which will have AWD as expected.

What’s perhaps not expected is what Tesla has been able to squeeze out of this battery and Dual-motor beast. My understanding is that the vehicle has been testing (unofficially) under 3 seconds on the 0-60. This is incredibly fast.

That is supercar land my friends and blows away all but the very high end supercars out there like the high end Bugattis, Lamborghinis, Mclarens, Ferraris and Porsches.

I don’t have any word on the top speed but unless the front motor is geared differently (I know CEO Elon Musk promised Autobahn-driving Germans a higher top end), I would imagine that it should be able to at least hit the current P85’s top speed of 133mph.

Not a Formula Car, but something that is practical to take the kids to soccer practice with. Quickly.

Tesla D New P85D will go from 0-60 in under 3 seconds unofficially to put it in land of supercars Electrek

We’ve just gotten word that the marquee feature of tomorrow’s Tesla event will be the P85D, a “supersport” version of the Tesla Model S which will have AWD as expected.

What’s perhaps not expected is what Tesla has been able to squeeze out of this battery and Dual-motor beast. My understanding is that the vehicle has been testing (unofficially) under 3 seconds on the 0-60. This is incredibly fast.

That is supercar land my friends and blows away all but the very high end supercars out there like the high end Bugattis, Lamborghinis, Mclarens, Ferraris and Porsches.

I don’t have any word on the top speed but unless the front motor is geared differently (I know CEO Elon Musk promised Autobahn-driving Germans a higher top end), I would imagine that it should be able to at least hit the current P85’s top speed of 133mph.

Not a Formula Car, but something that is practical to take the kids to soccer practice with. Quickly.

Yes, it will no doubt be able to hit autobahn speeds. The problem is it will only be able to do it for a short time. Back, before I was married I had a Renault R5 Turbo. I could do 200 kph when I drove from Stuttgart up to Hamburg.....and I didn't have to stop...

That car is going to go for around 100,000 bucks. A Nissan GT-R R-35 can be had for the same money and does a trip around the autobahn in 7:13. Cars are more than about power. Only a few people will buy a Tesla because its electric.....most into that class want the pedigree of Porsche etc......its just the way it is. A handful of niche buyers might choose the Tesla.

The tesla is a failure, a geeks hobby at best

On what criteria do you base that judgement?

Geek criteria is what I base it upon. Elon Musk, alleged co-founder is a geek. Musk co-created Pay Pal.

Do you need the history of the other, Geeks?

Tesla, thus far does not make a profit on cars. They do have a few business deals that I am sure are profitable. But that profit is as a battery company, not as a green and clean car company.

Tesla is a government created battery corporation that also geeks with expensive custom electric cars.

I concur. Who buys a Tesla ( as compared to other jawdropping performance cars for 100K) ?? Some geeky asshole who is a distinct social oddball and has to have something different to make a statement, "I care more about the environment than you do AND I drive a rare car!!" No chance a mans man goes in and buys a Tesla for 100K:coffee:

1413769543100.jpg
Well, I have never had any tendencies toward being a man's man. Straight hetereosexual here.
You ain't a man, you are a coward, old crock tell us about the steel industry, which you know nothing of, where is that link to the 100k job.

How come you can not tell us how my expertise relates to the quality of steel

On what criteria do you base that judgement?

Geek criteria is what I base it upon. Elon Musk, alleged co-founder is a geek. Musk co-created Pay Pal.

Do you need the history of the other, Geeks?

Tesla, thus far does not make a profit on cars. They do have a few business deals that I am sure are profitable. But that profit is as a battery company, not as a green and clean car company.

Tesla is a government created battery corporation that also geeks with expensive custom electric cars.

So, your opinions are, as usual, unjustified by the facts of the matter.

Forum List

Back