Electoral Gold: Democrats Release Tax Hike Plan

Someone has to pay the bills - and the national debt.

So why did Nancy Pelosi pay her property tax bills early to avoid paying more under the $10k cap for 2018?

Apples and onions. What's your point?

I'm thinking somebody who is so concerned about the debt and who trashed the president's tax plan would pay her fair share and not take advantages of loopholes she is always accusing other people of.

So, you're suggesting it's unpatriotic when someone takes advantage of such legal loopholes? BTW, she paid her "fair share" according to the law.

So why did Nancy Pelosi pay her property tax bills early to avoid paying more under the $10k cap for 2018?

I'm thinking somebody who is so concerned about the debt and who trashed the president's tax plan would pay her fair share and not take advantages of loopholes she is always accusing other people of.

So, you're suggesting it's unpatriotic when someone takes advantage of such legal loopholes? BTW, she paid her "fair share" according to the law.

I'm saying it's hypocritical, not that you would recognize that. You're as morally bankrupt as she is.

I'm saying it's hypocritical, not that you would recognize that. You're as morally bankrupt as she is.

Hypocritical? Morally bankrupt? That's funny. Are you a Trump supporter? Evangelical?

Food for thought: Warren Buffett believes the rich should be paying more taxes - but he won't pay a penny more than he is legally required to pay.

Someone has to pay the bills - and the national debt. Apparently Republicans no longer care about such things.

Deficit-Attention-GOP.jpg
/-----/ Try keeping up with the news, Spanky.
Go Figure: Tax Revenues Climbed $18 Billion In First Month Of GOP Tax Cuts
  • 0207/2018
Fiscal Policy: The Congressional Budget Office says that federal revenues in January added up to $362 billion. That's an increase of $18 billion— or 5.2% — from the year before. As a result, the government ran a surplus of $51 billion that month, which is equal to the previous January. - Investors Business Daily.

It was up $49 billion which is less of a increase. Also worth noting that the tax cuts do not take effect until 2019 and the adjusted withholding tables were not implemented until January. The tax cut had nothing to do with it.

Someone has to pay the bills - and the national debt. Apparently Republicans no longer care about such things.

• 0207/2018
Fiscal Policy: The Congressional Budget Office says that federal revenues in January added up to $362 billion. That's an increase of $18 billion— or 5.2% — from the year before. As a result, the government ran a surplus of $51 billion that month, which is equal to the previous January. - Investors Business Daily.

It was up $49 billion which is less of a increase. Also worth noting that the tax cuts do not take effect until 2019 and the adjusted withholding tables were not implemented until January. The tax cut had nothing to do with it.
/——/ Do you want me to contact IBD and yell at them for publishing fake news or will you handle it?

Hypocritical? Morally bankrupt? That's funny. Are you a Trump supporter? Evangelical?

Food for thought: Warren Buffett believes the rich should be paying more taxes - but he won't pay a penny more than he is legally required to pay.

There you go, you prove our point...

All liberals are hypocrites.....

• 0207/2018

/——/ Do you want me to contact IBD and yell at them for publishing fake news or will you handle it?

Maybe you should call the Treasury Department and tell them they are wrong. $49 billion is what the Treasury Department put out.

Food for thought: Warren Buffett believes the rich should be paying more taxes

Is that why he went to court with the IRS to escape paying taxes, dufus?

Berkshire's NetJets defeats $500 million IRS tax claim

I'm aware of this. Buffett takes every legal means possible to avoid paying taxes. To my knowledge, he has never not paid taxes that he is required by law to pay. He's a businessman and a cheapskate. But he does believe the rich should pay more taxes. Did you even read your link? He won the lawsuit. He beat the IRS.

I'm aware of this. Buffett takes every legal means possible to avoid paying taxes. To my knowledge, he has never not paid taxes that he is required by law to pay. He's a businessman and a cheapskate. But he does believe the rich should pay more taxes. Did you even read your link? He won the lawsuit. He beat the IRS.
Bullshit. Buffet goes to court to keep from paying more taxes. Buffet wants the middle class to pay more and the rich less. FACT.

Although I'm certainly not advocating it, the Democrats' plan would constitute a significant tax cut compared to the Bush and Obama tax rates. It would raise the corporate income tax rate by 4 percentage points, which would still constitute a cut of 10 percentage points compared to what the rate was as of last year. Similarly, it would raise the top marginal rate back to what it was under Obama, which would be nearly 11 percentage points lower than it was under Reagan from 1981-1986 but would also constitute a tax hike for a lot of small businesses (though not an onerous one). It would restore the death tax to its 2017 level, a move that I utterly oppose. It would close the carried interest loophole, which I think should be done. It would restore the AMT, which is probably the worst, dumbest idea in their plan. And, it would use these savings to pay for $1 trillion in infrastructure spending. On balance, it is a good plan, but not as good as what Trump is doing.

https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Senate Democrats' Jobs and Infrastructure Plan One Pager.pdf

Last edited:
Although I'm certainly not advocating it, the Democrats' plan would constitute a significant tax cut compared to the Bush and Obama tax rates. It would raise the corporate income tax rate by 4 percentage points, which would still constitute a cut of 10 percentage points compared to what the rate was as of last year. Similarly, it would raise the top marginal rate back to what it was under Obama, which would be nearly 11 percentage points lower than it was under Reagan from 1981-1986 but would also constitute a tax hike for a lot of small businesses (though not an onerous one). It would restore the death tax to its 2017 level, a move that I utterly oppose. It would close the carried interest loophole, which I think should be done. It would restore the AMT, which is probably the worst, dumbest idea in their plan. And, it would use these savings to pay for $1 trillion in infrastructure spending. On balance, it is a good plan, but not as good as what Trump is doing.

https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Senate Democrats' Jobs and Infrastructure Plan One Pager.pdf
It is a plan intended to crush jobs, wages and America.

Why the Democrats Made Such an Idiotic Tax Proposal.

“The media can be relied upon to ignore or obfuscate as usual. So far they have barely reported this proposal, because they know it’s nonsense and might embarrass the Democrats.”

Forum List

Back