Electoral College

Why we have it

58994603_10155823303167581_2739722121579069440_n.png
Hey, Mexico is too large.

If Donnie wins the popular vote but loses the EC, expect a wholesale change in opinions of the EC.

You mean the kind of change that Hillary caused when she lost?
Yes just from the right rather than the left.

It would appear neither side has any integrity.

I will not argue your conclusion here since you admit the left did what this miscarriage of the law first.

Yes, both sides are capable of doing as accused. Just so we all remember which side did it first.

The Electoral College MAY be the best thing our forefathers came up with. These wise and clever men made sure few states or few highly populated cities would NOT have the say on who our president should be. The EC gives every state a say on the matter. Just brilliant thinking. And the Dems seemed to have no problem with it until their beloved Hildebeast lost in 2016. It's funny how that works.

I don't understand the problem with the electoral college. We are nation of states. Each state casts their allotted number of votes for President as determined by the votes of the legal voters that reside within that state. The President receiving the majority of the votes of the states will then be President of those united states. Pretty simple.

Honest question?

Isn't the number of EC votes allowed each state basically/eventually decided by population numbers anyway???? Since those high populated states have more delegates than less populated states?

The EC gives every state a say on the matter. Just brilliant thinking. And the Dems seemed to have no problem with it until their beloved Hildebeast lost in 2016. It's funny how that works
Yep. That's because the STATES actually vote for the president. Your state decides who THEY vote for by popular vote, but we dont elect a president as a direct democracy

Honest question?

Isn't the number of EC votes allowed each state basically/eventually decided by population numbers anyway???? Since those high populated states have more delegates than less populated states?

Part of the design of our bicameral Legislative Branch, is that our Congress consists of two houses—the House of Representatives, in which the people are represented about equally, by population, and the Senate, where the States are represented equally, regardless of the population of each state. And in the Electoral College, each state is represented proportionally to its whole representation in Congress. This boosts the smaller states, to keep them from being completely overwhelmed and disenfranchised by the larger states.

I don't understand the problem with the electoral college. We are nation of states. Each state casts their allotted number of votes for President as determined by the votes of the legal voters that reside within that state. The President receiving the majority of the votes of the states will then be President of those united states. Pretty simple.
/——/ You don’t understand because of your public school education. And it’s been explained many times here.

The lower populated states are mostly agricultural. They have vastly different needs and views than the heavily populated industrial states. You’d have three or four states running roughshod over the rest of the country.

Look at Virginia.The once solid Red State was invaded by Washington elites who moved into Northern Virginia. Because of their dense population they seized control of the state government. Now they are enacting their liberal agenda with gun grabbing and higher taxes.

/——/ You don’t understand because of your public school education. And it’s been explained many times here.

The lower populated states are mostly agricultural. They have vastly different needs and views than the heavily populated industrial states. You’d have three or four states running roughshod over the rest of the country.

Look at Virginia.The once solid Red State was invaded by Washington elites who moved into Northern Virginia. Because of their dense population they seized control of the state government. Now they are enacting their liberal agenda with gun grabbing and higher taxes.

So you have a problem with the electoral college?

/—-/ I support the EC. Stop playing stupid.

/—-/ I support the EC. Stop playing stupid.

You make it sound like I don't understand why I SHOULD have a problem with the electoral college. Your response to my post is a bit confusing.

People do not elect the president. They never did. That's why we have the EC to ensure that people do not elect the president.

Forum List

Back