Election 2016, and where we stand today

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Donald Trump won the 2016 election, not because of his popular support (because he didn't have much) but because Hillary Clinton was a sorry excuse for a candidate. Though her mishandling of emails was over hyped by the right wing, she was being held to a higher standard than Trump, and justifiably so. Sec Clinton graduated from one of the finest law schools in America, she had to know using her private email in this way was not wise, but did she stop with a few e mails? No, she kept right on doing it. Not smart! Frankly I think Sec. Clinton would have been a slightly better president than Donald Trump, but I don't think highly of either one of them. Hopefully the election of 2020 will give us some better choices. :bye1:

Your belief that he did not have popular support is silly considering his victory in a very tough primary field and against the choice of the POLITICAL CLASS and Deep State.

Hillary beat Bernie and Trump, Dems would be absolute fools not to run her again in 2020 and 2024, if necessary

I'd sure like to say that the country deserved a better choice than we had in 2016, but I'm not really sure that would be true.

It just demonstrated once again that our REAL Best & Brightest know to stay the fuck out of politics.

Not a good sign, but I guess we get what we really deserve.

Donald Trump won the 2016 election, not because of his popular support (because he didn't have much) but because Hillary Clinton was a sorry excuse for a candidate. Though her mishandling of emails was over hyped by the right wing, she was being held to a higher standard than Trump, and justifiably so. Sec Clinton graduated from one of the finest law schools in America, she had to know using her private email in this way was not wise, but did she stop with a few e mails? No, she kept right on doing it. Not smart! Frankly I think Sec. Clinton would have been a slightly better president than Donald Trump, but I don't think highly of either one of them. Hopefully the election of 2020 will give us some better choices. :bye1:
Donald Trump won the 2016 election, not because of his popular support (because he didn't have much) but because Hillary Clinton was a sorry excuse for a candidate.

Trump had 63 million votes to Hillarys 66 million, and won 30 states to her 20.

I'd say he had popular support.

I doubt dislike of Hillary put any additional votes in his column, nor did dislike of her put votes in his.

Neither were 'popular' candidates

OT:
Sec Clinton graduated from one of the finest law schools in America, she had to know using her private email in this way was not wise,

What she most likely knew is that she didn't have the requisite mens rea, hence it wouldn't be found, to be prosecuted for criminal activity. Did she make a bad decision in using her server as she did? Arguably, yes and no. Did she make a bad legal decision in using her server as she did? Clearly not.

Forum List

Back