AMAC (AARP Competitor) Files Complaint Against CNN for Bogus Russia Narrative

Should CNN be fined for reporting news they knew was fake?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
Dear Valued AMAC Member,

Today we filed a formal complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on behalf of our organization's 1.2 million members. We took this action in response to revelations that CNN contributor Van Jones described his network's Trump-Russia collusion story as a "nothing burger" while CNN supervising producer John Bonifield admitted it was "bulls***." And this is days following the resignation of three CNN reporters who admitted to publishing a false story.

According to FCC regulations, the agency "may issue penalties for knowingly broadcasting false information." "As public trustees," the FCC specifies, "broadcasters may not intentionally distort the news. The FCC has stated publicly that 'rigging or slanting the news is a most heinous act against the public interest.'"

I call on you with the preservation of truth and civil, democratic disclosure to join me and the rest of the Association of Mature American Citizens by filing your own complaint to the FCC.

Please feel free to use my letter below as an example for your complaint.

Regards,
bhGzr0L5n61q1gL0wcrtQy1dPeag9pULOVrmTd1UPGTeqM40Ta0ZzGNA6q9b_D_s_gGH4R4nPOSw5vXTgw2dBo5vy7Uj_g=s0-d-e1-ft

Dan Weber, AMAC President

Dear Mr. Chairman,

As an organization representing more than 1.2 million American seniors, we wanted to formally register a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission and to ask that serious consideration be given to revoking CNN's license to broadcast.

While we understand that the FCC cannot interfere with news and commentary, it does have the power, according to its charter, to "issue penalties for knowingly broadcasting false information." As recent coverage has revealed, Mr. Zucker and the executives at CNN do this repeatedly and willfully. To cite some examples:
  • Three CNN employees were fired over a story linking Trump associates to Russia that was subsequently found to be lacking any sources;
  • CNN reported the existence of a dossier of then-candidate Trump, which has been debunked;
  • One of CNN's leading on-air personalities, Van Jones, was allegedly caught on tape admitting that CNN's coverage of Russia is a "nothing burger" motivated by ratings;
  • CNN's president, Jeff Zucker, is known to have a longstanding relationship with the President that appears to have turned into a personal vendetta on taxpayer-funded airwaves.
As you know well, broadcasters are public trustees and they have a responsibility not to distort the news. The public interest in fair and balanced and unbiased news must count for something in this case. CNN executives have admitted on camera that they intentionally falsify the news to attack President Donald Trump and his administration.

We hope you will move quickly if not to revoke CNN's license to broadcast its fake news on America's airwaves, then to begin an investigation into whether CNN is abusing the public trust.
FCC Complaints

Bad idea. We don't want the government deciding which news organizations should be fined and which news stories were fake. Let the market take care of it. CNN already must pay a massive fine in lower audience numbers and resulting lower ad revenues.

This is not Nazi Germany and the government does not have the right to say which news organizations will be allowed to operate. AMAC has chosen to side with the devil which makes it a fascist organization. The fact is that Fox News has put out fake news. Judge Napolitano was suspended for saying falsely that British Intelligence was spying on Trump. Then we have the infamous breaking news that Trump was working in the White House when he was golfing. AMAC doesn't seem to be worried about that.

Dang. I agree with @cnelson Seems impossible but he is on the right track. I've written miles about this but again, I suggest watching the documentary, Orwell Rolls In His Grave, available on You Tube.

RWNJs might also consider that what's good for the goose is even better for the purveyors or "alternative facts". Do you really want fox, Brietbart, info wars, etc held to the same standards as legit news? IOW, be careful what you wish for.

Also, be aware that FCC does not have any control over certain outlets.

Much more frightening is what's happening with Sinclair. RWNJs will love it but those who value the First Amendment need to look hard it.

AMAC has to perform stunts like this to keep its elderly distracted from the fact that they are an anti-elderly people organization

AMAC has to perform stunts like this to keep its elderly distracted from the fact that they are an anti-elderly people organization

I agree.

The very fact that they would suggest interfering with free press and the First Amendment indicates they're ultra-RW.

RWNJs - Use your head on this one.

Dang. I agree with @cnelson Seems impossible but he is on the right track. I've written miles about this but again, I suggest watching the documentary, Orwell Rolls In His Grave, available on You Tube.

RWNJs might also consider that what's good for the goose is even better for the purveyors or "alternative facts". Do you really want fox, Brietbart, info wars, etc held to the same standards as legit news? IOW, be careful what you wish for.
/---- Who says Fox and Brietbart aren't legit news sources? You - the CNN troll? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is not Nazi Germany and the government does not have the right to say which news organizations will be allowed to operate. AMAC has chosen to side with the devil which makes it a fascist organization. The fact is that Fox News has put out fake news. Judge Napolitano was suspended for saying falsely that British Intelligence was spying on Trump. Then we have the infamous breaking news that Trump was working in the White House when he was golfing. AMAC doesn't seem to be worried about that.
/---- This from the Libtard Moonbats that work non stop to get Rush and Hannity off the air.

/---- This from the Libtard Moonbats that work non stop to get Rush and Hannity off the air.

You are the moonbat. I actually have better things to do with my life. However Hannity should have been fired by Fox for his pursuit of a false Seth Rich story. How many of you attack CNN for their stories.

/---- Who says Fox and Brietbart aren't legit news sources? You - the CNN troll? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyone with the ability to apply critical thinking, and/or access to Google or a public library.

Anyone with the ability to apply critical thinking, and/or access to Google or a public library.
/----- I have all of that. Fox and Brietbart are legit news sources. Now aside form your personal opinion and straw man argument prove they aren't.
seethe rage.jpg

Bad idea. We don't want the government deciding which news organizations should be fined and which news stories were fake. Let the market take care of it. CNN already must pay a massive fine in lower audience numbers and resulting lower ad revenues.
/---- News sources are held to a higher standard. And the FCC is tasked with policing the network news.

Just proves how far out of touch you liberals are, Your idea of a media source is a constant lie factory that has been proven so every time their "reporters open their mouths and even you know it. The Fox news media network is not perfect, but they have a 1,000,000 to 1 truth to lie record against all other liberal lying "news" media outlets. So why waste your time with all the lies? We ALL know you are LYING, and all we do is laugh at the stupidity of anyone who would post such idiocy.

You forget they have millions of dollars in active lawsuits against them for various slander, and other types of character assassination charges. I hope they loose a trillion and go out of business. It is time people started using the tactics of leftist against them and wiping them out.

Just proves how far out of touch you liberals are, Your idea of a media source is a constant lie factory that has been proven so every time their "reporters open their mouths and even you know it. The Fox news media network is not perfect, but they have a 1,000,000 to 1 truth to lie record against all other liberal lying "news" media outlets. So why waste your time with all the lies? We ALL know you are LYING, and all we do is laugh at the stupidity of anyone who would post such idiocy.

Being called stupid by Trump supporters is like being called "fat and ugly" by Donald Trump. it's the pot calling the kettle black.

You forget they have millions of dollars in active lawsuits against them for various slander, and other types of character assassination charges. I hope they loose a trillion and go out of business. It is time people started using the tactics of leftist against them and wiping them out.

Links please. Other than the Rich Family's threatened law suit against FOX, and the threatened law suit by the businessman in the CNN story which was retracted, where are these millions of dollars of law suits and who filed them?

I googled and didn't find a single one, just a bunch of law firms wanting to represent me in a libel case.

It's not the left that lies and lies. It's Trump, and the Republican Party.

Forum List

Back