Eight-year-old Girl writes to President-Elect Obama

jaded110

Nov 4, 2008
Bethpage, Long Island, NY
Pinay* girl writes to Obama, gets response
By Doreen Yu Updated November 07, 2008 12:00 AM

(*Note: Pinay is "slang" for Filipina, "female Filipino")

Eight-year-old Fil-Am Karina Encarnacion recommended a dog that president-elect Barack Obama should get for his daughters, and in return got “three bits of advice that will make your life more fulfilling.”

Karina sent Obama a two-page handwritten letter in September, and suggested a Coton de Tulear, a small Bichon-type dog named after the city in Madagascar, for its soft cottony coat, noting that “they do not shed, they are very lovable, small and very soft.” She said she has one, named Murphy, who “is very smart and sweet.”

Obama has promised his two daughters, Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, that they can have a dog when they move in to the White House.

In a surprise reply received last Oct. 30, Obama told Karina, “Look out for other people, even when it does not directly benefit you; strive to make a difference everywhere you go; and get back up every time you are knocked down.”

Link

I love this guy more and more each day. Smug and presumptuous, my ass. Hubris, my foot. Snobby, my clavicle.

Last edited:
1) Cut your post down to a paragraph or two. Not the entire article.

2) Link to the article, or it's gone.

Thanks.

I love this guy more and more each day. Smug and presumptuous, my ass. Hubris, my foot. Snobby, my clavicle.

Gullible, you betcha. Willing to swallow any liberal media propaganda about the great black messiah, sure. Thinks Larry King is a tough interview, yeppers.

Jaded, not even close.

Oh, shove it.

Oh man--the emotional drivel begins.
Anyone else here old enough to remember Kennedy's presidency ? When the press portayed his clan as the knights and princesses of Camelot I thought I would puke. This is the presidency for God sake. Not some Hallmark chick flick.
black man in the white house--day 1
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""--day 2
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''--day 3

please not again :eusa_pray:

Link

Gee, how do you REALLY feel? So you drink the Obama KoolAid ... like you're the only one.

If he sold cars, Detroit wouldn't be in trouble cuz he can get some of y'all to buy anything.

You know, I may be young, but I'm not as stupid as you people seem to think I am.

You can't be that young if you're calling yourself jaded already! :D

I hear ya, it's nice Obama can speak to inspire...let's just hope his actions speak as loud as his words!

;)

You can't be that young if you're calling yourself jaded already! :D

I hear ya, it's nice Obama can speak to inspire...let's just hope his actions speak as loud as his words!

;)

Honestly, I'm not jaded. Jaded110 was a random name I used for an email account. ^_^ It's the easiest name for me to remember.

If this is the case, you'd think I was wonderful. This is the same advice I give my kids, their friends, and my friends' kids on a regular basis.

Hey... Maybe I can be President...

Moi? I would NEVER.:eusa_angel:

I never said you were stupid. You decided that for me and/or whoever else "you people" constitutes.

I'd say it's rather obvious though that I think you are naive and gullible.

:/ I was trying to be lighthearted, but okay, whatever. Is it wrong to have faith in the President-elect after eight years of Bush?

Last edited:
:/ I was trying to be lighthearted, but okay, whatever. Is it wrong to have faith in the President-elect after eight years of Bush?

Faith? No. Blind faith? Yes.

Oh, and as far as your comment about Bush goes, this is for you:

:blahblah:

Know what the difference is between you and an old liberal? You haven't learned to spew enough hate yet. But you will.

Know what the difference is between you and an old liberal? You haven't learned to spew enough hate yet. But you will.

I'd like to think I'm above spewing hate at people, at least now. I got sick of the animosity between dems and republicans a while ago. My grandfather was a republican, and I got sick and tired of him insulting Democrats during the 2004 elections, to the point where I had to ignore him so I wouldn't yell at him, since he was sick at the time. Politics was the only thing we ever disagreed on.

Last edited:

Gunny.. I'm not much for flattery, but I have to say.. Nice style.

Forum List

Back