Eight-year-old Girl writes to President-Elect Obama

Faith? No. Blind faith? Yes.

Oh, and as far as your comment about Bush goes, this is for you:

:blahblah:

Know what the difference is between you and an old liberal? You haven't learned to spew enough hate yet. But you will.

You have been quite the sour lemon since last Tuesday, Gunny ...

I'd like to think I'm above spewing hate at people, at least now. I got sick of the animosity between dems and republicans a while ago. My grandfather was a republican, and I got sick and tired of him insulting Democrats, to the point where I had to ignore him so I wouldn't yell at him. Politics was the only thing we ever disagreed on.

A lofty goal. I wish you success.

My family is almost all Democrats. I have done an exemplary job of achieving black sheep status in more ways than one. :lol:

I got sick of them insulting me for thinking for myself to the point that my mother won't come to my house.

The funny part to me is she is everything liberals accuse conservatives of being. Overly-moralistic and judgemental and intolerant. In the sad but true department, she merely echoes what I hear from most of the leftwingers on this board.

Hypocrites accusing others of the exact same behavior they exhibit.

:/ I was trying to be lighthearted, but okay, whatever. Is it wrong to have faith in the President-elect after eight years of Bush?

Of course it's not wrong but the cons won't allow it, not around here anyway. They want to believe that we're in worse trouble than we were when we were ruled by their party because if we're not then they might have to admit to how badly their side fucked things up.

It was a sweet story and I'm sure it made an impression on the little girl that will last a lifetime.

You have been quite the sour lemon since last Tuesday, Gunny ...

I would say your assessment is incorrect. EVERY day is open season on Democrats. That's the way it goes when the loonies steal your party out from under you. No forgiveness.

As far as the election goes, I think I've been pretty outspoken in not supporting either party. Neither represents me. I voted for Mccain because I saw Tweedledee as the lesser of two evils between him and Tweedledum, and I stand by that.

Now I might have been a bit edgy because of all the "needy" folk I had to deal with since Tuesday. Why some people just demand my undivided attention is beyond me.:lol:

I would say your assessment is incorrect. EVERY day is open season on Democrats. That's the way it goes when the loonies steal your party out from under you. No forgiveness.

As far as the election goes, I think I've been pretty outspoken in not supporting either party. Neither represents me. I voted for Mccain because I saw Tweedledee as the lesser of two evils between him and Tweedledum, and I stand by that.

Now I might have been a bit edgy because of all the "needy" folk I had to deal with since Tuesday. Why some people just demand my undivided attention is beyond me.:lol:

And to think I've actually repped you ....:eusa_eh:

Step outside the box ...

I've never taken a shot at you until now.

There's a reason for that.

which democratic party are you missing Gunny? the party of Byrd or the party of Carter? I think I'm confused. When did you become a party hating Dem?

this is true enough. You had equal distaste for both sides. But you're constant name calling of Democrats does get a wee bit tired. :eusa_shhh:

:lol: we all crave your attention Gunny. Even negative attention from the person in control is better than being ignored, isn't that what they say?

Of course it's not wrong but the cons won't allow it, not around here anyway. They want to believe that we're in worse trouble than we were when we were ruled by their party because if we're not then they might have to admit to how badly their side fucked things up.

It was a sweet story and I'm sure it made an impression on the little girl that will last a lifetime.

Horsefeathers. We've been ruled by a carbon copy of this party before and the crap was the same. Don't go writing checks your ass can't cash.

What exactly is it the "cons" won't allow? You mean the conservatives who are outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 on this board? Right. You need to take a look around at a few of your fellow bad actors who routinely enter threads in mob form and shout down any disagreement with y'all's KoolAid drinking party.

I've cleaned up the conservatives on this board nicely. The second I say something to a frothing at the mouth liberal I get accused of being partisan. Funny how that works only one way, huh?

which democratic party are you missing Gunny? the party of Byrd or the party of Carter? I think I'm confused. When did you become a party hating Dem?

this is true enough. You had equal distaste for both sides. But you're constant name calling of Democrats does get a wee bit tired. :eusa_shhh:

:lol: we all crave your attention Gunny. Even negative attention from the person in control is better than being ignored, isn't that what they say?

Almost as tired as the vitriol you spew against "cons"? Maybe, but not quite.

FYI, I was raised by a Roosevelt Democrat and firmly believed in the Democratic party and was a member until Jimmy Carter and his pack of loons jerked it to the left and made a mockery of what it once stood for.

Anyone that desires the kind of attention they were getting from me by their antics probably should see a therapist about their masochistic tendencies.

No box to step outside of and you have no reason. But feel free to explain.

It's pure observation.

Your tone has become more angry and bitter.

The name calling has been stepped up a notch or two.

I've kept my mouth shut about it because I consider you a fair guy but lately you've just been over-the-top.

Almost as tired as the vitriol you spew against "cons"? Maybe, but not quite.

hey now...I've toned down my vitriol as of late thank you very much :eusa_whistle:

FYI, I was raised by a Roosevelt Democrat and firmly believed in the Democratic party and was a member until Jimmy Carter and his pack of loons jerked it to the left and made a mockery of what it once stood for.

care to explain to me what a Roosevelt Dem stood for? the new deal perhaps? :tongue: I don't recall there being too many totally left wingers being in the office of President in the last 30 years. Clinton certainly wasn't a left winger that's for sure and I see no evidence that Obama is either so what exactly is your complaint?

Anyone that desires the kind of attention they were getting from me by their antics probably should see a therapist about their masochistic tendencies.

I like a good spanking every now and then personally :shock:

Last edited:
It's pure observation.

Your tone has become more angry and bitter.

The name calling has been stepped up a notch or two.

I've kept my mouth shut about it because I consider you a fair guy but lately you've just been over-the-top.

I see. I'm angry and bitter for behaving just like a leftwingnut? Imagine you coming to THAT conclusion. Very astute of you. :lol:

Everything is not always what it seems to be.;)

hey now...I've toned down my vitriol as of late thank you very much :eusa_whistle:

care to explain to me what a Roosevelt Dem stood for? the new deal perhaps? :tongue: I don't recall there being too many totally left wingers being in the office of President in the last 30 years. Clinton certainly wasn't a left winger that's for sure and I see no evidence that Obama is either so what exactly is your complaint?

I like a good spanking every now and then personally :shock:

You mean like your crack about what "cons" won't allow?

Clinton was most definitely a leftwinger. He had to adjust himself toward the center just as Obama has had to.

You are correct in that you haven't seen leftwingers as President in the past 30 years. Wonder why THAT is? They couldn't win, comes to mind. The only one ot hold office had to play the moderate role and he STILL needed help to win in 92. Ross Perot saved his butt.

Want me to dig you up a link on FDR or what?

Forum List

Back