CDZ Education Reform

I believe America has terrible education (obviously), but I also understand good education is something most Americans care a lot about.

What ideas do you have to improve education?

Vouchers....just like the G.I.Bill.....would help kids get better educations...they wouldn't be trapped in bad local schools...and it would increase the number of good schools...as schools old and new, compete to get those voucher dollars......

I believe America has terrible education (obviously), but I also understand good education is something most Americans care a lot about.

What ideas do you have to improve education?
A big problem with the American education system is school-funded sports. That money could be better used for newer, more relevant learning material. School sports aren't an issue, but they should be self funded.

Standardized testing is a large problem as well. It tests over memorization. With the exception of a few classes, school shouldn't teach minute details. It should be teaching the big picture. For example, no child needs to know the dates and names of history, they need to learn about how history applies to modern day life. Students shouldn't be tested on the plot of Of Mice and Men, but rather the meaning behind it.

Competitive pay isn't a viable system in its current form. It encourages teaching durectly for the test, without addressing the importance of anything and how it is relevant.

Homework is also a problem. One of two thing happens. You either:
A) Understand the material and don't need the homework
B) Don't understand the material and can't/don't do the homework
Instead, block shedualing lets students do their "homework" in class with available help.

These are just a few of the things that have a really big impact on education.

Forum List

Back