CDZ Educated vs Uneducated, urban vs rural

I could be wrong here, but it seems to me that the bottom line in life, after all is said and done, is to be happy, content. At least as often as possible.

And it also seems to me that those who go through life telling others how uneducated or stupid or ignorant they are, must be trying to make themselves feel a little better by belittling others.

I've stumbled across many people who are relatively happy and content in their lives without having extraordinary amounts of money or education. Or maybe much else, for that matter. And it sure seems to me that those who have this need to constantly attack them tend to be, well, kind of angry and miserable.

If you have some need to constantly insult and belittle others, maybe you should look inward a bit. Your education or your wealth or how many goodies you have are not an indication of whether you're happy or content.

I dont think a degree is a measure of intelligence, certainly not the only measure. I guess that I would expect an intelligent person to have read a few books, be motivated by something more than hate or fear and be able to justify their point of view.
Thats a starting point.
So reading some books makes one immune from being motivated by hate or fear?....You can't possibly be this obtuse....Or can you?
The fact is that there are too few intelligent people around and that is why governments get away with so much.
Or maybe they're motivated by the fear of what the thugs of gubmint may do if they don't comply.
Why do you deliberately misinterpret my posting ?
Your posting makes a number of presumptions, which may or may not be true.

I could be wrong here, but it seems to me that the bottom line in life, after all is said and done, is to be happy, content. At least as often as possible.

And it also seems to me that those who go through life telling others how uneducated or stupid or ignorant they are, must be trying to make themselves feel a little better by belittling others.

I've stumbled across many people who are relatively happy and content in their lives without having extraordinary amounts of money or education. Or maybe much else, for that matter. And it sure seems to me that those who have this need to constantly attack them tend to be, well, kind of angry and miserable.

If you have some need to constantly insult and belittle others, maybe you should look inward a bit. Your education or your wealth or how many goodies you have are not an indication of whether you're happy or content.
You just won the interwebz.

Why does it always come back to wealth ?

It doesn't. Your thread is clearly about belittling people with less education, whether you'll admit it or not.

It doesn't. Your thread is clearly about belittling people with less education, whether you'll admit it or not.
I have said that it is an over simplified stance. Did you miss that ?

Well, it certainly makes sense.

If nobody has ever considered you intelligent or well-educated, just whip up the illusion that your extremely partisan politics is somehow proof positive that you are.

It is as desperate as it is childish.

We had a poster called 320years of history who pulled this same stunt ad nauseum. Turns out, he was a paid troll working for the Hillary campaign.

No.

No.
I think that you did.

I think that you did.
I don't think so.

Your tepid qualifiers notwithstanding, your OP smacks of exactly the kind of arrogance and contemptuousness that many of we "uneducated" rural folks find to be so utterly nauseating....You might as well have tossed in the old condescending "voting against their own self-interests" chestnut for good measure.

If anything, you've done nothing to dissuade me from the opinion that politcal leftists are some of the least self-aware people to be found anywhere on the planet.

Harry Dresden said:
and college kids who cant find the USA on a relief map of the world....
HA-HAA !!

And They Think The War Between The States
Was Fought In Europe Against The Germans !!

The BBC news has just been reporting on the election and pretty much defined it as this.

I think it might be a simplification and the people they interviewed were obviously chosen to underline theit point.

I do think that there might be a case to make for Trump on the grounds of the economy. Although how much he is responsible is debateable.

But apart from that it is hard to give trump credit for anything. He lies,he cheats, he is vain. He is a racist, he doesnt represent the whole country and he is a laughing stock around the world.

Is America split between educated and uneducated ? The Uk is split on these lines. Is civiisation under threat from the march of the Calibans ?
Ok, I'll overlook the (acknowledged) oversimplification, the baseless charges, obvious partisanship, and even the (perceived) condescension.

No, America IS NOT split along educational lines, though there are correlations, we are not really even all that split. I recently heard, and I agree, that somewhere around 70-80 percent of Americans are quite moderate, and look with disdain upon the radicals on BOTH ends of the spectrum. Most people are not hardliners, and vote based on who they believe will best represent their interests/ideology, regardless of party. Now, the MSM would have you believe the opposite is true, but that is simply their attempt to maintain their own relevance.

ibro5fmjveor830zkk_hiq.png

I've never known anyone who said they were a genius that actually was. The fact that democrats crow about how smart they are is sad. I bet they paid a site on the net and got a certificate of high IQ.

`
I live in a rural area and would stack these people up against urban folk any day of the week. I know far too many many intelligent trump supporters (none here in this forum) that live in both areas which makes the BBC article an exercise in gross assumptions.
`

`
I live in a rural area and would stack these people up against urban folk any day of the week.`
No Kiddin'
I Went From A Deep Urban School
Where I Was Honor Roll
To A More Rural District
And Had Trouble Passing Some Courses My First Year
It Was Also The Only School To Offer Latin

As Far As Recreation
There's Lots More To Be Said
For Living Beyond The Suburbs

Last edited:
Education is a big part of the problem in our world. Failure to genuinely integrate what we know is worse.

Forum List

Back