Economy continuing to collapse : trucking volume is collapsing and will be going down

To ship cargo from Shanghai, China to Long Beach, California takes about 72 gallons of bunker fuel per loaded 40 ton 40"x8'x8' ISO shipping container on a fully loaded large efficient ship.

That means 1.8 gallon per ton or 35.55 cubic foot of goods per gallon.

If oil gets to expensive these ships could easily run on nuclear as opposed to fossil fuel.

The average American waste far more fuel just driving to work every day than it takes to supply them with everything from China.

Ohh I agree the ships are efficient, but they do also cost money to buy and operate aside from fuel. There are other transportation costs. Loading, unloading, crew, etc.

economies of scale favor bigger vehicles moving freight. Trucks are less efficient than trains which are less efficient than ocean going freighters.

It takes a day to load and again to unload a container ship which may carry 600 semi loads across the Pacific in 7 days, and it only takes a 20 man crew. The ship may cost a LOT of money but it doesn't cost as much as 600 semi trucks. And it is more reliable and cheaper to maintain.

If they can offload the ship in Ensenada, Mexico as opposed to Long Beach/Los Angeles, they can save 70% on longshoreman's wages. Putting the loads into Mexican Trucks with Mexican drivers can save as much as fifty percent on transportation to destinations in the US and Mexico. Ships docking at the right docks can be very cost effective.

In some of your futures you will see a move back towards localized production and manufacture.

That is a pipe dream of democrats. It will not happen in our lifetime. Large container ships are extremely efficient. Far more fuel is used transporting from port to your Wal-Mart store or driving to Wal-Mart to purchase the item than was used to ship it from China.

Until China is forced to impose tough environmental mandates & not fill the oceans & air with garbage, nothing will change.

The only way we are going to restore 95% of the work force to full employment is to tear up all of the trade agreements that we have signed in the past thirty years.

Protectionism will be mandatory if we are going to avoid riots in this country.

Personally I favor creating a new nation out of all of North America. Gosh, our illegal problem would suddenly go away because all of those Mexicans and Central Americans would all be citizens of the United States of North America. I expect that most of Canada will join, but Quebec might go its own way, until we embargo them into joining. Our land border will be just south of the Panama Canal which will be back in our hands.

Our goal will be to trade within our own Economic Co Prosperity Sphere, so we will be buying products manufactured in North America almost exclusively. Tariffs on products manufactured outside of North America will be 100% or more, thus creating an incentive for foreign countries to build production plants on the North American continent.

Full employment, here we come!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

well ships already are cost effective. You are suggesting reducing the costs of trucking. Labor is a small part of the cost of shipping and offloading. But as you recognized a big part of trucking, like about 35-40%.

I prefer trains to Mexican trucks. Even cheaper.

This fuel efficiency allows a train to haul one ton of freight 423 miles on one gallon of diesel.

Warren Buffett’s Railroad

whereas diesel semis can haul one ton of cargo about 120 miles on a gallon of diesel and ocean going freighters about 1000 miles on a gallon of heavy bunker fuel.

In some of your futures you will see a move back towards localized production and manufacture.

That is a pipe dream of democrats. It will not happen in our lifetime. Large container ships are extremely efficient. Far more fuel is used transporting from port to your Wal-Mart store or driving to Wal-Mart to purchase the item than was used to ship it from China.

Until China is forced to impose tough environmental mandates & not fill the oceans & air with garbage, nothing will change.

The only way we are going to restore 95% of the work force to full employment is to tear up all of the trade agreements that we have signed in the past thirty years.

Protectionism will be mandatory if we are going to avoid riots in this country.

Personally I favor creating a new nation out of all of North America. Gosh, our illegal problem would suddenly go away because all of those Mexicans and Central Americans would all be citizens of the United States of North America. I expect that most of Canada will join, but Quebec might go its own way, until we embargo them into joining. Our land border will be just south of the Panama Canal which will be back in our hands.

Our goal will be to trade within our own Economic Co Prosperity Sphere, so we will be buying products manufactured in North America almost exclusively. Tariffs on products manufactured outside of North America will be 100% or more, thus creating an incentive for foreign countries to build production plants on the North American continent.

Full employment, here we come!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Monroe doctrine redux:

The Monroe Doctrine is a United States policy that was introduced on December 2, 1823, which stated that further efforts by European countries to colonize land or interfere with states in the Americas would be viewed, by the United States of America, as acts of aggression requiring US intervention.[1] The Monroe Doctrine asserted that the Western Hemisphere was not to be further colonized by European countries and that the United States would neither interfere with existing European colonies nor meddle in the internal concerns of European countries. The Doctrine was issued at a time when many Latin American countries were on the verge of becoming independent from the Spanish Empire and the United States, reflecting concerns echoed by Great Britain, hoped to avoid having any European power take Spain's colonies.

Monroe Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's part of the Helping Us that TPTB are trying to do:

a UNIVERSAL minimum wage, so that one country can't steal away production from another.

I'm a Christian, and I know:

God's word and will Will Be Done.

Read the Bible if you wEnder where this shit is coming from, and where it's all going.

It WILL be, whether we want it or not.

It will seem to make some sort of sense.

I'll go down. Perhaps screaming in pain; perhaps shouting in victory.

Most wouldn't be able to recognize the diff...

Crude oil prices have zero effect on the location of manufacturing. Check out the documentary "The Secret Life of Garbage" on CNBC. In China most of their trash winds up in the ocean killing far more fish than the BP oil disaster.

China does not play by all the rules we impose on business. Their people are underpaid & treated like shit, they treat the environment like shit, their products are of marginal quality & at times unsafe or may kill you & they manipulate trade rules & currency.

There is no way for American companies to compete by keeping manufacturing in America. The UN & WTO are powerless over China.

Economy continuing to collapse : trucking volume is collapsing and will be going down

Trucking Volume Collapses, Falls Most Month To Month Since March 2009

Tonnage fell by 2.7% from July to August, according to the American Trucking Association.

That's the biggest month over month fall since March 2009.

The chief economist at the ATA, Bob Costelo, says this slowdown was expected and that it should be slowing further with the economy for the remainder of the year.

People aren't buying anything. Republicans have moved all the jobs to China.

Crude oil prices have zero effect on the location of manufacturing. Check out the documentary "The Secret Life of Garbage" on CNBC. In China most of their trash winds up in the ocean killing far more fish than the BP oil disaster.

China does not play by all the rules we impose on business. Their people are underpaid & treated like shit, they treat the environment like shit, their products are of marginal quality & at times unsafe or may kill you & they manipulate trade rules & currency.

There is no way for American companies to compete by keeping manufacturing in America. The UN & WTO are powerless over China.

They don't give a care.

And NOW?

They're holding all the cards...

WE fucked around with the deck in order to GIVE them what they've got.

I'll be dead by the time y'all realize the error of all of this,

and I thank my God for THAT.

well ships already are cost effective. You are suggesting reducing the costs of trucking. Labor is a small part of the cost of shipping and offloading. But as you recognized a big part of trucking, like about 35-40%.

I prefer trains to Mexican trucks. Even cheaper.

This fuel efficiency allows a train to haul one ton of freight 423 miles on one gallon of diesel.

Warren Buffett’s Railroad

whereas diesel semis can haul one ton of cargo about 120 miles on a gallon of diesel and ocean going freighters about 1000 miles on a gallon of heavy bunker fuel.

Your personal car or SUV will usually haul a ton of freight less than 10 miles on a gallon of gas.

Delivering goods by mail is more efficient than driving to a store to shop as a mail truck drives less than 100ft between deliveries.

NONE of this is going to touch me:

I have other places to be, and other ways to survive,

AND I'm dying, as I type.

The only thing I can do is try to share my knowledge with y'all.

What's coming won't be allowed to touch me,

but YOU?

I cry about you, what you're in for, how your lives will go, how you'll be treated...

YOU are my "children." I didn't bear you, but I'll bear your hurt, even more than the hurt I've been dealt in my life.

I get UBER depressed about all of this. I love y'all. I don't know EACH and every one of you, but that doesn't stop me from being able to love and care about you,

and I DO.

I want something SO MUCH BETTER for you ~ PROGRESS, not regression into

well, here i go, nation of islam,

Before last fucking CENTURY.

Isaac Asimov ~ my hero. Read some of that shit. WAKE UP.

Last edited:

but YOU?

I cry about you, what you're in for, how your lives will go, how you'll be treated...

YOU are my "children." I didn't bear you, but I'll bear your hurt, even more than the hurt I've been dealt in my life.

I get UBER depressed about all of this. I love y'all. I don't know EACH and every one of you, but that doesn't stop me from being able to love and care about you,

and I DO.

Isaac Asimov's One World Government will take away individual property rights & sovereignty. That to me is a scary proposition. People individually, will no longer control their own destiny.

Isaac Asimov's One World Government will take away individual property rights & sovereignty. That to me is a scary proposition. People individually, will no longer control their own destiny.

FUCK OFF.

IF you'd ever read Asimov, you'd know about the "historians" that not only KNEW the past,

but who could see the FUTURE through that same lens.

Yeah.

I'm an alchie/stoner ~

Take that shit to the Flame Zone.

Who the fuck ARE you people?

If I wasn't already dying,

this shit would kill me, for sure.

p.s. Like WE ever DID??? We didn't control our destiny. THAT's how we have faith, not that you might know about that.

It's so far above us.

A Tapestry: WE see the underside, and it looks so RANDOM ~ a MESS!

But from HIS vantage point?

It's a GORGEOUS picture that He created.

He'll hold us, welcome us, and FORGIVE us for being the fuktards that we are.

Can YOU do that? Can your god do that?

When you don't have to add to, subtract from, nor INTERPRET His word to us ~

Let ME know.

It's already been ALL of history,

and STILL, you have no answers.

Guess what?

Last edited:

FUCK OFF.

IF you'd ever read Asimov, you'd know about the "historians" that not only KNEW the past,

but who could see the FUTURE through that same lens.

Yeah.

I'm an alchie/stoner ~

Take that shit to the Flame Zone.

Who the fuck ARE you people?

If I wasn't already dying,

this shit would kill me, for sure.
[/size]

p.s. Like WE ever DID??? We didn't control our destiny. THAT's how we have faith, not that you might know about that.

It's so far above us.

A Tapestry: WE see the underside, and it looks so RANDOM ~ a MESS!

But from HIS vantage point?

It's a GORGEOUS picture that He created.

He'll hold us, welcome us, and FORGIVE us for being the fuktards that we are.

Can YOU do that? Can your god do that?

When you don't have to add to, subtract from, nor INTERPRET His word to us ~

Let ME know.

It's already been ALL of history,

and STILL, you have no answers.

Guess what?

So I guess you are still pissed you got banned from the Subliminal Thoughts forum & thought you take some crap out on me. Well fuck you to, smoke your shit & die. I am not about to give up more of my rights to more stupid humans. We already have enough problems keeping elections honest & getting our elected officials to do what we want once they are in. Now adding a world government that we did not elect & have zero control over will likely have worse consequences than the problems they were put there to fix. It's like taking a medicine that has side-effects that are worse than the disease or may kill you.

So I guess you are still pissed you got banned from the Subliminal Thoughts forum & thought you take some crap out on me. Well fuck you to, smoke your shit & die. I am not about to give up more of my rights to more stupid humans. We already have enough problems keeping elections honest & getting our elected officials to do what we want once they are in. Now adding a world government that we did not elect & have zero control over will likely have worse consequences than the problems they were put there to fix. It's like taking a medicine that has side-effects that are worse than the disease or may kill you.

I fucking OWN Subliminal Thoughts,

ASSHAT!

I was the ONLY one eligible to purchase it! :lol:

I love those folks, and all of 'em KNOW that.

Put that in your homemade bonganika and SMOKE IT! :rofl:

Feel free to do ANOTHER search of the only screen name I've ever used.

Even I'll be interested in your findings! For real.

Well, I've always been a stoner, and even when I have to put it aside, I know i'll be back. I like it! ;)

And i have these probs that make me sort of untouchable to the law ~ they sort of like me, and just turn a blind eye, eh?

WTF are you?

Why would you say any of this? IF you'd been there, you would know what happened/

Last edited:
As the Admin for Subliminal thoughts?

I FORCED a ban of 5 minutes,

On The HONOR System,

for fuktards! :lol:

IF anyone cannot live with THAT?

They may get their sorry asses on down the road! :lol:

but YOU?

and I DO.

You mean they will realize that they do not control their own destiny?

There are some people that like to pretend that they are in total control of their destiny. That, through their efforts and intellect they determine where and what they will be day to day.

And there are those of us that have had that comfortable ego rug pulled out from under us by events that we had absolutely no control over, and realize how fragile and vulneble our day to day lives really are.

We are all subject to the vagaries of nature, both within our bodies and from outside world, also. Other peoples ambitions or insanity can change the direction of our lives in a few seconds. We control our own destinies only to the extant that we control our own reactions to disasters.

Tens of thousands of low-income workers lost their jobs Thursday as a stimulus-subsidized employment program came to an end.

About a quarter of a million people in 37 states were placed in short-term jobs thanks to a $5 billion boost to the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. States used about $1 billion to provide subsidized employment, with the remaining funds going to cash grants, food programs, housing assistance and other aid.....

Tens of thousands lose stimulus-subsidized jobs - Yahoo! Finance

The economic problems we face from trade policies we've been creating for ourselves for the last 50 years.

We're going to have back out of them slowly or we're going to serious create international problems including trade wars.

But I agree with those of you who think that we need to do something.

FWIW the Dems seem to have woken up to this problem.

Thirty years too late, but better late than never, I suppose.

FWIW the Dems seem to have woken up to this problem.

Thirty years too late, but better late than never, I suppose.

they wake up for 3 weeks before an election and then they go back to raiding the public trough for 2 more years.

Forum List

Back