Economic Suicide

CBO said it will shrink GDP TEN YEARS FROM NOW.

God, you are so full of shit.

The purpose of the bill is to help people thrown out of work while we reregulate the financial system, so this doesn't happen again.

But you don't really care. You are just a Republican drone.

Tell me Chrissypants how 500,000+ unemployed are going to benefit from the GDP shrinking over the next 10 years?

It isn't going to shrink now, that's the point. But you know all this, you are just shoveling your usual bullshit.

It is shrinking Now your Ignorant Ass.

Doing nothing?
Washington Times - CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul
President Obama's economic recovery package will actually hurt the economy more in the long run than if he were to do nothing, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday.
CBO, the official scorekeepers for legislation, said the House and Senate bills will help in the short term but result in so much government debt that within a few years they would crowd out private investment, actually leading to a lower Gross Domestic Product over the next 10 years than if the government had done nothing

The Washington Times? The Moonie newspaper?

The newspaper owned by the Rev. Moon who literally thinks he is the Second Coming of Christ?

For those unfamiliar with Moon, you can read about him at this link...

Sun Myung Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ah yes your favorite tatic, attack the messenger. Well here is the actual report....
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/99xx/doc9987/Gregg_Year-by-Year_Stimulus.pdf
Taking all of the short- and long-run effects into account, CBO estimates that the
legislation implies an increase in GDP relative to the agency’s baseline forecast of
between 1.4 percent and 3.8 percent by the fourth quarter of 2009, between 1.1 percent
and 3.3 percent by the fourth quarter of 2010, between 0.4 percent and 1.3 percent by
the fourth quarter of 2011, and declining amounts in later years (see Table 1). Beyond
2014, the legislation is estimated to reduce GDP by between zero and 0.2 percent. This
long-run effect is slightly smaller than CBO estimated in its preliminary analysis of the
Senate stimulus legislation last week due to refinements in our methodology.

It isn't going to shrink now, that's the point. But you know all this, you are just shoveling your usual bullshit.

Thanks for proving my point.

It is shrinking now, that's why we need a stimulus.

Yes the GDP is shrinking now and this bill will do little to stimulate the economy in the short term, as most of the spending in this bill won't come to the economy until months from now.

The Washington Times? The Moonie newspaper?

The newspaper owned by the Rev. Moon who literally thinks he is the Second Coming of Christ?

For those unfamiliar with Moon, you can read about him at this link...

Sun Myung Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ah yes your favorite tatic, attack the messenger. Well here is the actual report....
Taking all of the short- and long-run effects into account, CBO estimates that the
legislation implies an increase in GDP relative to the agency’s baseline forecast of
between 1.4 percent and 3.8 percent by the fourth quarter of 2009, between 1.1 percent
and 3.3 percent by the fourth quarter of 2010, between 0.4 percent and 1.3 percent by
the fourth quarter of 2011, and declining amounts in later years (see Table 1). Beyond
2014, the legislation is estimated to reduce GDP by between zero and 0.2 percent. This
long-run effect is slightly smaller than CBO estimated in its preliminary analysis of the

Yes the GDP is shrinking now and this bill will do little to stimulate the economy in the short term, as most of the spending in this bill won't come to the economy until months from now.

You keep lying. But that's what you do. Every single time.

The largest portion of the stimulus is tax cuts including $8,000 for first time home buyers. This is already having an effect on my business.

You keep lying. But that's what you do. Every single time.

The largest portion of the stimulus is tax cuts including $8,000 for first time home buyers. This is already having an effect on my business.

I quoted the CBO(non-partisan) jackass, this stimulus bill is no stimulus cause it shrinks the GDP. Btw this is about the fifth or sixth post I have seen where you have accused another board member of lying that's interesting. Everyone else lies.....interesting

chris, you can not talk to partisan hacks in a sensible manner. there goal is to find information that suits their goal.

Obama and this current group of lawmakers will ruin this country. The damage they will do will take many times the years to repair and we may not make it that long. This nation voted in a feel good token persident and it's going to pay dearly for it.

chris, you can not talk to partisan hacks in a sensible manner. there goal is to find information that suits their goal.

Like a stimulus bill that shrinks the GDP....and has very little benefits in the short term.

The stimulus is a bridge that will help us over the hump, but will cost us ten years from now.

This is exactly why democrat policies screw this country up so much. We have people like yourself who are more worried about a cosmetic fix to a problem. You want to treat symptoms instead of treat the actual problems. You think if you dump more money in the economy then suddenly all its problems are going to be fixed.

But the problems are much more fundamental than that. They begin with dishonesty, corruption, tyranny, and apathy. And those can only be fixed by individuals.

These are not problems that can be solved by boring money from foreign countries to fund special interest projects and groups.

Better to let 500,000 people a month lose their jobs.

Can you give me some step by step details on exactly HOW Obama's stimulus plan is going to stop those job losses? Does this mean that no one gets fired tomorrow? How does it work?

Arguing with Chris is like clapping with one hand, Its an exercise in futility.

He is like the text book definition of a Blind Partisan Hack.

he makes Ignorant Blanket comments, like "at least we right our congress men when we are not happy with them"

Implying Republicans do not, and

"Republicans are all liar business men, while Democrats are just people like you and me"

This is paraphrasing of course, but you get the point. He makes the most ignorant one sided comments, so arguing with him is pointless.

He wants to sign on to Insanity let him.

And believe me, this New Democrat Economics is insanity.

The definition of Insanity is to try the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

Which is exactly what they are doing trying to spend there way out of this mess.

They are ignoring History, and multitudes of evidence, that suggest it WILL NOT WORK!!, and will only make the over all problem, WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As someone said, they are opting for a short term, cosmetic fix instead of a long term solution.

They know that the average American will see a short term improvement, and think wow OBAMA did it. He is the messiah. They count on peoples ignorance to how Economics, Monetary policy, and Fiscal Policy work.

That is the saddest, and most troubling part of all this. WE all know the Economy goes in cycles, yet the Dems have many convinced it was about to tank with out this bill, so when it does not, and naturally begins to improve, and feel the effects of TARP, they will say look, we fixed it, you were wrong and we were right, and most people will buy it. Then a few years down the road when all the negative effects of this Ill Advised Bill are being felt. They will find a way to deflect the blame from their Bill.

Sad indeed.

Last edited:

Bullshit.

I have said all along I like the Republican's stimulus plan better.

Bullshit.

Then why the hell are you defending the Democrats? Why are you defending Massive out of control Deficit spending. Meant to fix a problem brought on by the same damn thing.

Your actions seem to speak louder then your words Chris.

Bullshit.

Then why the hell are you defending the Democrats? Why are you defending Massive out of control Deficit spending. Meant to fix a problem brought on by the same damn thing.

Because we need a stimulus plan!

You can't make the perfect the enemy of necessity.

Bullshit.

Because we need a stimulus plan!

You can't make the perfect the enemy of necessity.
Why not?

Forum List

Back