Ecology and Racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ever comment on other threads?

http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy04osti/35297.pdf

For example 2 kW system, that cost $18,000 would save a typical homeowner 2 x 12.15 cents/hour. Let's say 9 hours/day production gives us 9x2x12.15 or $2.19/day. That would take 22.5 years to pay for itself.

A larger 5 kW system, costing roughly $35,000, would give you 5 x 12.15 cents/hour. That would take 9 x $35,000 / (9 x 5 x 12.15) = 17.1 years to pay for itself.

Things would vary if you have more or less sunshine and, of course, is dependent on your actual price for electricity and for the solar PV system.

If you happen to live in an area that allows net metering, your local power utility is required to buy excess electricity from you at the retail rate. This can significantly increase your payback rate.

Last edited:
I'm curious what a discussion about the economics of home solar PV systems has to do with either ecology or racism.

Do you ever comment on other threads?

http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy04osti/35297.pdf

For example 2 kW system, that cost $18,000 would save a typical homeowner 2 x 12.15 cents/hour. Let's say 9 hours/day production gives us 9x2x12.15 or $2.19/day. That would take 22.5 years to pay for itself.

A larger 5 kW system, costing roughly $35,000, would give you 5 x 12.15 cents/hour. That would take 9 x $35,000 / (9 x 5 x 12.15) = 17.1 years to pay for itself.

Things would vary if you have more or less sunshine and, of course, is dependent on your actual price for electricity and for the solar PV system.

If you happen to live in an area that allows net metering, your local power utility is required to buy excess electricity from you at the retail rate. This can significantly increase your payback rate.

If you are talking to me, I sometines do look over other threads. But I have my hands quite full replying to the brainwashed. You seem to know more about home solar panels than I do. But I suppose there is a more relevant question to ask. It takes a certain amount of energy to manufacture solar panels. Does the energy put out in the lifetime of solar panels ever exceed all the energy it takes to create them? After all, trying to put the breaks on human caused global warming is the whole point. If solar panels are more efficient in that regard, and if our government had any sense, how much they cost shouldn't matter. If the ancient egyptians can build pyramids, building solar panels and everything that goes with them would be no problem by comparision.

I'm curious what a discussion about the economics of home solar PV systems has to do with either ecology or racism.

Discussions just tend to go where they go. What it has to do with ecology is obvious. I already went into the need for "racism" when it comes to the overpopulation problem.

No... discussions that wander away from the topic thread are considered done and are generally terminated by the moderators. We are required by the board rules to attempt to stay on topic. And, no, the economics of home solar PV installations have nothing to do with ecology. It has seemed since the beginning of this thread that you do not understand what that word means. I would have thought you might have looked it up by now, but I guess not.

As for your plea for increased racism, your views there disgust me and were I in charge here, I'd toss you for them.

Discussions just tend to go where they go. What it has to do with ecology is obvious. I already went into the need for "racism" when it comes to the overpopulation problem.

There is no such problem.

No... discussions that wander away from the topic thread are considered done and are generally terminated by the moderators. We are required by the board rules to attempt to stay on topic. And, no, the economics of home solar PV installations have nothing to do with ecology. It has seemed since the beginning of this thread that you do not understand what that word means. I would have thought you might have looked it up by now, but I guess not.

As for your plea for increased racism, your views there disgust me and were I in charge here, I'd toss you for them.

Maybe you would care to tell me where I went "off topic." I can tell how it relates to the topic. Also, what does "ecology" mean to you. To me, it refers to the ecological system of our planet. Can you at least agree that human caused global warming is damaging the ecological system of our planet? If a shitload of PV solar pannels could put a stop to HCGW, wouldn't that be a good thing for the ecological system of our planet? Or be helpful towards our "ecology?"

Next, things disgust me too. Such as doomsday cultists such as yourself. I will tell you how wrong you are. As to wherher or not you will listen, that is a different matter. I was watching some program once where they were talking to some Asian Indain women. I don't remember who she was. But apparently she is regarded as being highly educated and intelligent. SHE said that if all the people in India were to start living the lifestyle that we do here in the U.S., the added pollution would surely, without a doubt, destroy the planet. What were her views on the matter? It wasn't that India needed fewer people. (Big surprise!) It was that all the people in India SHOULD start living the kind of lifestyle that we do here in the U.S. Are you so stupid that I have to point out to you what that would mean?

Tell me straight up. Do you want to live? Or do you want to die. Or are you like most of the people on this planet. Who believe that whatever happens doesn't really matter. As long as it happens to someone else.

The OP (also known as patient #5433643) likes to say things like "I know," and "I guarantee" when he knows nothing and can guarantee even less.

Ignorance combined with baseless certitude makes for true buffoonery.

There is no overpopulation, and the only connection between racism and ecology is the remarkable amount of bullshit racist idiots like the OP produce.

What population size do you think the earth can support? 10 billion? 100 billion? 1 trillion? No matter what number you choose, it is at that point the birth rate must equal the death rate. What happens then? Births must be curtailed? Deaths must be accelerated? Both? Should birth control be totally voluntary? set by the government? Will the population be stabilized by plagues, wars, starvation?

Lots of questions, but I have no answers. In any case it will be messy.

What population size do you think the earth can support? .......

Much more than we will ever reach.

Much more than we will ever reach.

To me that means it will be stabilized by plagues, wars, starvation

Nope, don't worry. Declining fertility rates will take care of it. We will get up there near 10 billion and then a global population decline will begin. Once it begins, it will likely accelerate rapidly and we'll have to adjust to many considerations that most people haven't been focusing on while the myth of 'overpopulation' has been so widely propagated.

Nope, don't worry. Declining fertility rates will take care of it. We will get up there near 10 billion and then a global population decline will begin. Once it begins, it will likely accelerate rapidly and we'll have to adjust to many considerations that most people haven't been focusing on while the myth of 'overpopulation' has been so widely propagated.
Well, maybe, maybe not. Whichever way, there will evolve a totally new society with the demographics going toward an aging population, and automation reducing simple jobs to near zero.

Well, maybe, maybe not.......

No, if demographic trends continue as they are projected to there is no "maybe not."

No, if demographic trends continue as they are projected to there is no "maybe not."
We'll see.

We ARE seeing.
Maybe you are seeing. But to me extrapolating even 50 years ahead is a bit iffy.

Excuse me for butting in. But I was watching a show about human caused global warming a while back. It was hosted by Bill Nye, the science guy. In it he was talking to somebody who used to be a college professor. As a professor, he had studied the problem of HCGW for at least 15 years. He decided to quit his tenured professorship and start preparing for doomsday. Which he said would happen in about 20 years. Though this next bit is a little more "iffy," I happened across an ebook on the internet that may or may not have been a true story. The author left that decision up to the reader. In it, an extraterrestrial told the author that most of the life on earth would be extinct in about 50 years. Why? Because of the exponential effect HCGW was going to have.

We'll see.

We ARE seeing.
Maybe you are seeing. But to me extrapolating even 50 years ahead is a bit iffy.

Excuse me for butting in. But I was watching a show about human caused global warming a while back. It was hosted by Bill Nye, the science guy. In it he was talking to somebody who used to be a college professor. As a professor, he had studied the problem of HCGW for at least 15 years. He decided to quit his tenured professorship and start preparing for doomsday. Which he said would happen in about 20 years. Though this next bit is a little more "iffy," I happened across an ebook on the internet that may or may not have been a true story. The author left that decision up to the reader. In it, an extraterrestrial told the author that most of the life on earth would be extinct in about 50 years. Why? Because of the exponential effect HCGW was going to have.

"An alien said..."

Uh-huh........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back