California Beaches

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
1068409-11-20160515094207.jpeg

1068410-11-20160515094214.jpeg

Yum.

Pretty area, except for those crabbie things.. I would freak out!!

We get the same thing here on the Texas Gulf coast in the spring but they aren't red.
A buddy and I were camping/fishing on Matagorda Island one weekend and when the sun set these things came out of the dunes by the millions!!
One of the most incredible things I've ever seen!
They were friggen everywhere!!

We get the same thing here on the Texas Gulf coast in the spring but they aren't red.
A buddy and I were camping/fishing on Matagorda Island one weekend and when the sun set these things came out of the dunes by the millions!!

Creepy! Why do they do that? (no I didn't read the links)

I would guess it has something to do with the young moving towards the water.
These were about the size of a quarter. I'd never seen it before and I havent seen it since.
It was incredible!!
It happened at this campsite only accessible by boat.
upload_2016-5-15_18-47-48.png

There were literally acres of crabs.

I would guess it has something to do with the young moving towards the water.
These were about the size of a quarter. I'd never seen it before and I havent seen it since.
It was incredible!!
It happened at this campsite only accessible by boat.
View attachment 74921
There were literally acres of crabs.

WOW that is amazing. But, I still would freak out. LOL

Huge landslide on Highway 1 near Big Sur. I've driven the Coastal Highway (Highway 1) countless times and it is always spectacular scenery. I'd guess this road closure will last at least a year. There is another part of the 1 that has been closed for months as well. I drove down it a couple months ago and you could only go about 20 minutes south of Big Sur before having to turn around.

For anyone that hasn't driven the California coast get thee to a car rental (when it reopens). No coastline on Earth has anything on California's coast. It is incredible.

Forum List

Back