eavesdropping on obamacare

A thread based on supposed anecdotal evidence. :neutral: If I were Syreen I'd ask a maude to remove the thread or, at the very least, move it to the CONspiracy theory sub-forum. :redface:

If you were syrenn you would be exponentially more intelligent than you are, and would probably blow your brains out if you were forced to go back to being you.

Can I have a turn being Syrenn?

Are you stumped also?

It is funny how the Obama-haters all want to say something to defend the weak position of depending on hearsay. The funnier thing is that they aren't saying anything at all. They are all just laying down and surrendering. This is disappointing. Isn't there at least one Obama-hater who can put a couple of sentences together and say something that isn't as stupid as the hearsay bullshit this thread is based on?

hear·say
[heer-sey] Show IPA
noun
unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay.
an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.

to bad so sad for you..... my op was posted as MY direct knowledge of an event. It was not something told to me by someone else that i was speaking of.

And ...it would also appear that you missed the separate coordinating first person verification of the incident.....

carry on.... you are still amusing.

Fucking hilarious. You actually posted the definition of hearsay and still don't get it that you are providing hearsay.

Let me try and help. Please concentrate. The supposed guy who was talking on the phone in his hospital room would be the one to provide the first person account. The person (you) who "heard" him "say" what he supposedly said is reporting "hearsay".

If you were testifying in court and telling a jury what the guy said, then the lawyer would object because it is "hearsay".

Last edited:

Are you stumped also?

It is funny how the Obama-haters all want to say something to defend the weak position of depending on hearsay. The funnier thing is that they aren't saying anything at all. They are all just laying down and surrendering. This is disappointing. Isn't there at least one Obama-hater who can put a couple of sentences together and say something that isn't as stupid as the hearsay bullshit this thread is based on?

My story is not hearsay, it is percipient witness testimony. Is that why you are pretending it doesn't exist?

You just made it clear that you do not understand what "hearsay" actually means. You can't go into court and testify about what someone else said. That is pretty much the definition of hearsay. The reason courts to do not accept hearsay is because the person who actually made the statements cannot be cross examined. You "overheard" something and when you provide an account of what you overheard, that is hearsay.

Your story is specifically unacceptable in a court as witness testimony. I can't believe that I am having to explain this to you. Is this a joke?

Are you stumped also?

hear·say
[heer-sey] Show IPA
noun
unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay.
an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.

to bad so sad for you..... my op was posted as MY direct knowledge of an event. It was not something told to me by someone else that i was speaking of.

And ...it would also appear that you missed the separate coordinating first person verification of the incident.....

Fucking hilarious. You actually posted the definition of hearsay and still don't get it that you are providing hearsay.

Let me try and help. Please concentrate. The supposed guy who was talking on the phone in his hospital room would be the one to provide the first person account. The person (you) who "heard" him "say" what he supposedly said is reporting "hearsay".

If you were testifying in court and telling a jury what the guy said, then the lawyer would object because it is "hearsay".

that would be where the corroborating testimony of the account would come in......

Are you stumped also?

hear·say
[heer-sey] Show IPA
noun

You know what your problem is? Other than being an idiot?

You think you understand legal terms. Hear say, the way you are trying to apply, works in a court of law to protect a defendant, except when it doesn't. The proper definition is "a statement, other than one made by the declarant while testifying at the trial or hearing, offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted."

The Hearsay Rule: How and When it Can Be Used in Court - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

There are various exceptions that actually allow hearsay evidence to be used in court because, despite your massive arrogance of ignorance, hearsay evidence is actually considered a valid form of evidence.

1. Prior statements under oath;
2. Admissions against interest;
3. Present sense impressions;
4. Excited utterance;
5. Dying declarations;
6. Recorded recollections;
7. Records/Government Documents/ Vital Statistics;
8. Matters of Pedigree or Family Records; and
9. Miscellaneous exceptions (Nemeth, 2001).

If you want to attack the evidence, attack it. If you want to pretend you actually know what you are talking about, don't post anyplace I can see.

Are you stumped also?

My story is not hearsay, it is percipient witness testimony. Is that why you are pretending it doesn't exist?

You just made it clear that you do not understand what "hearsay" actually means. You can't go into court and testify about what someone else said. That is pretty much the definition of hearsay. The reason courts to do not accept hearsay is because the person who actually made the statements cannot be cross examined. You "overheard" something and when you provide an account of what you overheard, that is hearsay.

Your story is specifically unacceptable in a court as witness testimony. I can't believe that I am having to explain this to you. Is this a joke?

But I can, asshole, especially if it is an utterance against interest, like the comment that drugs cost $9000 when Obama said that out of pocket expenses are limited to $3000. I even posted a link that explains all of that in my previous post showing how stupid and ignorant you are.

That said, I was the one in the fucking hospital. I am the one that was supposed to have insurance from Blue Cross, and was forced to go to the local charity hospital for follow up after learning he had fucking cancer because he actually doesn't have insurance. None of that is fucking hearsay, but it is 100 fucking percent anecdotal. So feel to pick it apart, or shut the fuck up.

Yes, that was an attack on you, asshole, and yes, it was also an argument.

But I can, asshole, especially if it is an utterance against interest, like the comment that drugs cost $9000 when Obama said that out of pocket expenses are limited to $3000. I even posted a link that explains all of that in my previous post showing how stupid and ignorant you are.

That said, I was the one in the fucking hospital. I am the one that was supposed to have insurance from Blue Cross, and was forced to go to the local charity hospital for follow up after learning he had fucking cancer because he actually doesn't have insurance. None of that is fucking hearsay, but it is 100 fucking percent anecdotal. So feel to pick it apart, or shut the fuck up.

So now your story is evolving also?

First you overheard the guy talking and now you are claiming it was you?

That makes post number 100 kind of bizarre. I pasted it below.

You must think I care about your opinion. Guess what, fuckwad, I don't. You have two people here who both herd the same conversation. I had the advantage of being in the room with the guy for 3 days, so we had some time to talk. I know the details of his treatment, and exactly what drug he had questions about, but am not posting it because that would be, as you pointed out, wrong.

Last edited:

Sitting in the hospital yesterday i was party to an interesting conversation.....

My friend was put into a semi private room for his test out of the ER...... they usually put people with the same kind of issues in the same room for hospital convenience. I was there most of the day....and it is impossible NOT hear what his roommate and visitors are talking about.....

The roommate has cancer. It was very obvious that he had had this problem for a long time. He and his visitor were discussing his new covered California insurance (obamacare)... and what his portion of payment for one drug that was prescribed him was going to cost him.

He was PISSED... kept saying to his visitor.... this CANT be right... it just cant be! I paid almost nothing for the drugs before I got the new insurance!!!! I thought this whole thing (obamacare) was to bring the costs down!!!!!!

He calls someone..... asking about the price of this drug, who ordered the drug, he never paid so much for it before..... and were they sure HIS portion of the cost of the drug was going to be......

Nine... Thousand...Dollars???!!!???

My friend and i just looked at each other in amazement.... welcome to obamacare.

Based on what your friend is saying, it sounds like there are some fictionalized elements to your story. Can you please state which parts of it were creative writing and which parts are facts?

Last edited:
And this is where it all goes wrong.
Even a quick look at Real Clear Politics will very clearly show that to an increasing extent Democrats and D leaning independents are not voting because while they hate libertarians like me for GP Ocare is hurting people they know or in some cases are related to. This will get worse as the election approaches.

So now your story is evolving also?

First you overheard the guy talking and now you are claiming it was you?

That makes post number 100 kind of bizarre. I pasted it below.

You must think I care about your opinion. Guess what, fuckwad, I don't. You have two people here who both herd the same conversation. I had the advantage of being in the room with the guy for 3 days, so we had some time to talk. I know the details of his treatment, and exactly what drug he had questions about, but am not posting it because that would be, as you pointed out, wrong.

I really need to stop thinking you can read.

Syrenn was visiting me in the hospital when we both overheard the conversation she mentioned in the OP. While I was there I learned two things. 1) I don't have the insurance I purchased through Covered CA and 2) I have cancer.

Sitting in the hospital yesterday i was party to an interesting conversation.....

My friend was put into a semi private room for his test out of the ER...... they usually put people with the same kind of issues in the same room for hospital convenience. I was there most of the day....and it is impossible NOT hear what his roommate and visitors are talking about.....

The roommate has cancer. It was very obvious that he had had this problem for a long time. He and his visitor were discussing his new covered California insurance (obamacare)... and what his portion of payment for one drug that was prescribed him was going to cost him.

He was PISSED... kept saying to his visitor.... this CANT be right... it just cant be! I paid almost nothing for the drugs before I got the new insurance!!!! I thought this whole thing (obamacare) was to bring the costs down!!!!!!

He calls someone..... asking about the price of this drug, who ordered the drug, he never paid so much for it before..... and were they sure HIS portion of the cost of the drug was going to be......

My friend and i just looked at each other in amazement.... welcome to obamacare.

Based on what your friend is saying, it sounds like there are some fictionalized elements to your story. Can you please state which parts of it were creative writing and which parts are facts?

Based on what, exactly, do you reach that conclusion? Is it your inability to understand English?

I don't believe a word of it. Every single "story" like this has been debunked.

And this is where it all goes wrong.
Even a quick look at Real Clear Politics will very clearly show that to an increasing extent Democrats and D leaning independents are not voting because while they hate libertarians like me for GP Ocare is hurting people they know or in some cases are related to. This will get worse as the election approaches.

You don't need to go anywhere see what is going on. The problem is these bad arguments that undermine the position.

Forum List

Back