Crock Pot Roast

1 good sized beef roast
4 cups small Yukon yellow potatoes halved
2 1/2 cups baby carrots halved longways
1 medium red onion chopped
2 stalks celery split and chopped
One clove garlic finely chopped
1 package Taco Bell taco seasoning

Spread half of the veggies across bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle one quarter of seasoning over veggies. Hand rub a quarter of the seasoning to top and bottom of roast and place on top of veggies. Spread remaining veggies on top of roast and sprinkle with remaining seasonings.

Start crock pot on high ... Then reduce to medium after one hour ... Cook for a while.

1. Unwrap ham and place flat side down in a large slow cooker. Throw away glaze packet and any plastic pieces that cover the bone.
  2. Rub brown sugar over the sides.
  3. Pour on maple syrup and pineapple juice.
  4. Cook on low for 4 hours.
  5. Baste ham with the juices from the bottom of the slow cooker.
spiral-ham.png.png

• 7-8 lb Spiral Sliced Ham
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
  • 12 oz Pineapple Juice

Crock Pot Roast

1 good sized beef roast

Spread half of the veggies across bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle one quarter of seasoning over veggies. Hand rub a quarter of the seasoning to top and bottom of roast and place on top of veggies. Spread remaining veggies on top of roast and sprinkle with remaining seasonings.

Start crock pot on high ... Then reduce to medium after one hour ... Cook for a while.

This sounds very good.

Chicken and Pasta

3-4 Large Boneless-Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 Small Package of Baby Bella Mushrooms
1 Can Golden Mushroom Soup
8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 Stick Butter or Margarine
1 Package Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix
2 Cups White Wine (Late Harvest Riesling)
1 Package Angel Hair Pasta

In a saucepan, melt stick of butter ... And add salad dressing mix. Then add can of soup, add sliced cream cheese, and add wine (drink a little wine yourself) to saucepan (melt slowly ... Do not boil). Spread chicken across bottom of crock pot ... Then lightly season with salt and pepper. Slice and spread Baby Bella mushrooms over chicken ... Slash crock pot with wine (turn the bottle up and drink some yourself) ... Then pour melted and well blended mixture in saucepan over chicken and mushrooms.

Start on high heat for 1 hour ... Then reduce to medium for a while (drink the rest of the bottle of wine).

Cook pasta according to box instructions ... Slice chicken, place on pasta and cover well with sauce (open another bottle of wine and if HIgh Gravity hide cell phone).

I'm gonna try your crockpot roast recipe this week Blacksand, sounds delish!

The most important thing I learned about cooking with wine ... NEVER use a wine in a dish you wouldn't love to drink straight out of a glass.

Don't get caught up in grocery store imitations or low budget knock-offs. For the recipient above, I have had the best results with sweeter, full-bodied white wines such as the St Michelle's - Late Harvest Riesling ... or a Two Vines - Gewürztraminer.

Any white wine you like will work though ... Don't stray into the blushes or zinfandels though.

The most important thing I learned about cooking with wine ... NEVER use a wine in a dish you wouldn't love to drink straight out of a glass.

Don't get caught up in grocery store imitations or low budget knock-offs. For the recipient above, I have had the best results with sweeter, full-bodied white wines such as the St Michelle's - Late Harvest Riesling ... or a Two Vines - Gewürztraminer.

Any white wine you like will work though ... Don't stray into the blushes or zinfandels though.

Would a good pinot or Chardonnay work?

Both may be a little dry (you want a full-bodied wine ... fat, long legs on the side of the glass) ... And the longer it cooks the more wine taste you would lose.

But hey ... Give it try, it won't totally screw it up. Perhaps yours will turn out better and I am just guessing on what I put in it.

Both may be a little dry (you want a full-bodied wine ... fat, long legs on the side of the glass) ... And the longer it cooks the more wine taste you would lose.

But hey ... Give it try, it won't totally screw it up. Perhaps yours will turn out better and I am just guessing on what I put in it.

Hmm, how about a good red wine?

Burgundy works for both drinking and cooking...

Uh ... Just shoot yourself for thinking about putting red wine on chicken. :mad:

Just Kidding ... Drink and use whatever wine you like.
I wouldn't even think about using a red wine though ... So I cannot say whether or not it would work.

If you use "cooking wine" ... I will fly there and take your knives, pots and kitchen utensils ... Leaving you a bowl a spoon for cereal. :p

Uh ... Just shoot yourself for thinking about putting red wine on chicken. :mad:

Just Kidding ... Drink and use whatever wine you like.
I wouldn't even think about using a red wine though ... So I cannot say whether or not it would work.

If you use "cooking wine" ... I will fly there and take your knives, pots and kitchen utensils ... Leaving you a bowl a spoon for cereal. :p

:omg:

Crock Pot Roast

1 good sized beef roast

I'm going to be doing this tonight but adding mushrooms.

Forum List

Back