Eastern Idaho 85 yo woman shoots burgular with 357 magnum. We don't mess around in Idaho

This happened in my AO around Christmas before last.
meanwhile.jpg

At least the jail was less than a mile away......He ended-up getting five years.

A .357 magnum is nothing to sneeze at. I'm loading Hornady 140 grain XTP jacketed hollow points at 1129 fps with 396 ft-lbs of energy, and the smaller Hornady 125 grain XTP at 1450 fps with 583 ft-lbs of energy.

Size doesn't always matter, the 125 grainers pack a pretty mean punch. I was outside shooting gallon jugs full of water yesterday, they literally explode.

Best wishes to the people in Idaho (and Montana).

Hear tell, violent crime in your state is comparatively low because your state (so far!) has been spared from some of the demographic trends since the 1960s.

Wishing you all continued good luck!

357 Magnum. I’ve heard of that; thats a good brand.

It's a caliber, actually. The "357" refers to the .357" diameter of the projectile. Same as 38 Special, except for a larger capacity case.

Hang around here more often, you'll get gun-smart.

A .357 magnum is nothing to sneeze at. I'm loading Hornady 140 grain XTP jacketed hollow points at 1129 fps with 396 ft-lbs of energy, and the smaller Hornady 125 grain XTP at 1450 fps with 583 ft-lbs of energy.
Size doesn't always matter, the 125 grainers pack a pretty mean punch. I was outside shooting gallon jugs full of water yesterday, they literally explode.
10mm uber alles!

Forum List

Back