Early New Year present to myself...

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
A 1/48 scale version of the Nesher (Israeli-built Mirage V) with the markings of Giora Epstein (call sign 'Hawkeye'), holder of the world record for most fighter kills in jets -- 17.

f4c6ecb20d2e34ef6e87f814c0fb6bce.jpg

I plan to couple this with a 1/48 scale Mig-21 and make a Yom Kippur War diorama.

Why early new year present to yourself?

why a diorama of the miserable 1973 war?

Two reasons... the Nesher (Eagle) has always been a favourite plane of mine. Israel bought and paid for 30 Mirage 5's from France but the French put an arms embargo on Israel before they were delivered.

Israel was able to recreate the plane with upgrade from plans they obtained during the negotiations.

The first Israeli built supersonic all purpose fighter was a huge success.

Israel's number one ace, Giora Epstein, used one during the Yom Kippur War to single-handedly take on 14 Egyptian Mig-21s taking down four before disengaging.

The Yom Kippur War, took Israel by surprise but they turned it around and won - the last time the Arab countries would openly try to invade Israel with their armies.

Why early new year present to yourself?

I was in the hobby shop today and saw the kit. Had to buy it. I've been planning this diorama for some time now.

Two reasons... the Nesher (Eagle) has always been a favourite plane of mine. Israel bought and paid for 30 Mirage 5's from France but the French put an arms embargo on Israel before they were delivered.

Israel was able to recreate the plane with upgrade from plans they obtained during the negotiations.

Israel's number one ace, Giora Epstein, used one during the Yom Kippur War to single-handedly take on 14 Egyptian Mig-21s taking down four before disengaging.

The Yom Kippur War, took Israel by surprise but they turned it around and won - the last time the Arab countries would openly try to invade Israel with their armies.

yes----in the first few days it was a blood bath-----not a good memory

yes----in the first few days it was a blood bath-----not a good memory

But I believe Israel learned a valuable lesson in that war. Never trust that the Arabs want peace.

Forum List

Back