Ear Marks Need to GO

Dec 29, 2010
Kansas
How hard would it be to create a bill that has no ear marks in it and only have to amend it, not add BS to it and then vote it up or down. Sound to Simple for our elected officials?

If an elected official wants something for his congressional district then let him create a Bill for it and vote on it...

Ear Marks are just Kickbacks for campaign funding from People, Companies and then the circle starts all over again.

Ban Ear Marks and start creating common sense Bills... and let us the people see what you are voting on before you vote so we can add our 2 cents worth, after all government is supposed to be FOR the people and BY the People!!!!!! not for the politician and his war chest

Last edited:
It depends on constituents, i.e. us. If we demand pork from our representatives or reward them for delivering it, then we will never be rid of earmarks.

Right...But earmarks are, to a great extent, money that would've been given in block grants and spent anyways.

So now, earmarks are OK again???:confused:
No....But I'm one of the few who doesn't doesn't his undies in a wad over them, as the money would've been wasted on a bunch of crap the feds have no business funding in the first place.

The federal budgets and spending need to get smaller overall...Moaning and groaning about earmarks is a distraction from that fact.

Right...But earmarks are, to a great extent, money that would've been given in block grants and spent anyways.

No....But I'm one of the few who doesn't doesn't his undies in a wad over them, as the money would've been wasted on a bunch of crap the feds have no business funding in the first place.

The federal budgets and spending need to get smaller overall...Moaning and groaning about earmarks is a distraction from that fact.

Oh brother...the Tea Party movement will NOT like hearing this...

Yep. Carve 20% of the cost of government and earmarks won't seem like much.

The larger problem is the States wresting control back to the States so that the States will keep more of thier money and do these things on thier own rather than begging the rest of the States through the FED for funds.

Forum List

Back