Dumbocrat Governor and Libtard Legislature lead California

Or Cubafornia as one conservative described the Golden State:

California's economy is bigger than all but five nations, World Bank data says

It's at the expense of Brasil, which unfortunately is rapidly descending into a Banana Republic, the Olympic Games in Rio de Janiero should be um interesting, what with the Zika Virus thing and the Banana Republic thing.

Brazil is in trouble, much as are many State and local governments in the US, due in part to common sense and fiscal responsibility superseded by elected officials seeking to implement an ideology in their place. Gov. Brown in CA. has demonstrated in real time that a man of good will can lead a politically divided state using common sense and pragmatic leadership in leading CA to fiscal Stability. Of course unfunded retirement obligations still burden local and state budgets, but here in CA new employees do not have the same benefits which allowed me - and some other public employees - to retire as well off as we have.

Ignorant people still demean him, and yet as a twice elected Governor of CA and and Mayor of Oakland he has done a remarkable job in transforming debt into solvency, notwithstanding the debt created under past administrations and politically divided legislatures, hampered by laws (since repealed under Brown's leadership) which allowed a minority of its members hold the many from implementing reforms.

Brown in CA. has demonstrated in real time that a man of good will can lead a politically divided state

To bad your messiah didn't learn a thing or two from him, we wouldn't have been so divided today.

There are systemic reasons why a Governor can do what a POTUS cannot, one being COTUS and the other being the rules made in the Senate and the H. of Rep. If Obama or any POTUS had the line item veto our national budgets would become transparent and we the people could point the finger at which institution is/was most responsible for the nations economic direction.

Too bad SCOTUS put Bush in the White House and made a bad situation worse. We need a Democrat in the Oval Office to make sure more Thomas' and Alitos' never again have the power of the majority on SCOTUS.

It's at the expense of Brasil, which unfortunately is rapidly descending into a Banana Republic, the Olympic Games in Rio de Janiero should be um interesting, what with the Zika Virus thing and the Banana Republic thing.

Brazil is in trouble, much as are many State and local governments in the US, due in part to common sense and fiscal responsibility superseded by elected officials seeking to implement an ideology in their place. Gov. Brown in CA. has demonstrated in real time that a man of good will can lead a politically divided state using common sense and pragmatic leadership in leading CA to fiscal Stability. Of course unfunded retirement obligations still burden local and state budgets, but here in CA new employees do not have the same benefits which allowed me - and some other public employees - to retire as well off as we have.

Ignorant people still demean him, and yet as a twice elected Governor of CA and and Mayor of Oakland he has done a remarkable job in transforming debt into solvency, notwithstanding the debt created under past administrations and politically divided legislatures, hampered by laws (since repealed under Brown's leadership) which allowed a minority of its members hold the many from implementing reforms.

next time at least TRY to hide the fact that you copied a Jerry Brown Press Release.

Brown in CA. has demonstrated in real time that a man of good will can lead a politically divided state

To bad your messiah didn't learn a thing or two from him, we wouldn't have been so divided today.

There are systemic reasons why a Governor can do what a POTUS cannot, one being COTUS and the other being the rules made in the Senate and the H. of Rep. If Obama or any POTUS had the line item veto our national budgets would become transparent and we the people could point the finger at which institution is/was most responsible for the nations economic direction.

Too bad SCOTUS put Bush in the White House and made a bad situation worse. We need a Democrat in the Oval Office to make sure more Thomas' and Alitos' never again have the power of the majority on SCOTUS.

I am talking leadership... Hell Reagen worked with Tippy, Bill with Newt.

Obama only knows his pen and phone

I read about the California Governor, his name's Jerry Brown, although I got mistaken one time and thought he was named Charlie Brown :eusa_doh:

Anyhow, he's now in his 70s and he was Governor in the 1970s and they called him Governor Moonbeam :smoke:

Q. Do you know why he was called "Moonbeam"

A. CA is a large state, with offices in San Diego and Crescent City and everywhere in between. The costs of communication by telephone alone was enormous and then Gov. Brown suggested CA have Satellite put into orbit which would obviate enormous monthly telephone bills.

Brown is pragmatic and fiscally responsible, unlike any of his predecessors (Deukmejian, Wilson, Davis or Schwarzenegger) or Reagan who preceded him; even as he approaches 80 years of age he remains an energetic proactive leader.

I am talking leadership... Hell Reagen worked with Tippy, Bill with Newt.

Obama only knows his pen and phone

Close ^^^ but no cigar. Better to phrase Tippy worked with Reagan, and Newt with Bill, though I doubt Newt worked with anyone, he's one of the most narcissistic Pol every to serve as Speaker.

next time at least TRY to hide the fact that you copied a Jerry Brown Press Release.

Another idiot-gram from the mendacious and ignorant. What a surprise. Hey did you pay the $1,000 and get your gun yet? Or do we need to listen to you whine about CA while whining about NY. Do you need a supply of tissues?

I read about the California Governor, his name's Jerry Brown, although I got mistaken one time and thought he was named Charlie Brown :eusa_doh:

Anyhow, he's now in his 70s and he was Governor in the 1970s and they called him Governor Moonbeam :smoke:

He's a bullshit artist

In four words you've proved yourself to be ignorant, a liar and a character assassin.

Another idiot-gram from the mendacious and ignorant. What a surprise. Hey did you pay the $1,000 and get your gun yet? Or do we need to listen to you whine about CA while whining about NY. Do you need a supply of tissues?

I shouldn't have to pay $1000 above the cost of the gun, that's the whole point. And your butt hurt response just gives me the warm and fuzzies, bitch tits.

And I note that you at least acknowledge that the States can't continue to give the same benefits you got, but I also note your typical "I gots mine, bitches" glossing over of this fact. The unfunded liabilities are the things that were supposed to pay your pension, but your brilliant progressive twatwaddle leaders bascially stole money from the future to pay for it.

But you got yours, so hey, fuck em, right?

Oh look. A lib taking credit for the hard work of all the über rich CEO's in California.

In spite of them constantly being demonized by the democrat party while taking their campaign donations.

Please add a little detail to this obvious rant.

I won't hold my breath.

I shouldn't have to pay $1000 above the cost of the gun, that's the whole point. And your butt hurt response just gives me the warm and fuzzies, bitch tits.

And I note that you at least acknowledge that the States can't continue to give the same benefits you got, but I also note your typical "I gots mine, bitches" glossing over of this fact. The unfunded liabilities are the things that were supposed to pay your pension, but your brilliant progressive twatwaddle leaders bascially stole money from the future to pay for it.

In my never ending effort to keep you from putting your head up your ass, I'll remind you that both the D and R party needed to support the retirement benefits I received, They were not promulgated during either Brown administration, they came about during the good times, when Clinton was POTUS and the future looked rosy with the peace dividend and all.

But during this time crime, drugs and gangs became very problematic, Clinton added 100,000 new officers around the nation and agencies like mine wanted more staff, but didn't want to pay to train them and perform expensive background checks. So agencies began to raid other agencies - think free agency on steroids - and the long term costs were ignored to achieve short term savings. Salary wars broke out, and benefits were expanded and that is how we got to today. Did I benefit, you bet. Oh, and BTW I don't need to spend a thousand dollars to own a gun, or worry about a CC permit (though it never leaves my home).

BTW, during this time the Republicans in CA passed a couple of laws, with Democratic support, such as the Three Strikes Law, use a gun, got to prison, and a number of enhancements in sentencing to increase the time in prison or county jails.

Guess what, someone convicted of a violent felony 30 years before, and had a prior felony conviction (say auto theft) who was paroled and lived an arrest free life for three decades gets arrested for a misdemeanor, say petty theft, and is charged with the priors, convicted and sentence to 25 years to life. Guess who pays for his (or her) medical bills, room and board in prison? Guess who paid for the trial? And guess who pays for the CO's and who pays to build and maintain the jails? You got it, you do and so do I.

Last edited:

In my never ending effort to keep you from putting your head up your ass, I'll remind you that both the D and R party needed to support the retirement benefits I received, They were not promulgated during either Brown administration, they came about during the good times, when Clinton was POTUS and the future looked rosy with the peace dividend and all.

But during this time crime, drugs and gangs became very problematic, Clinton added 100,000 new officers around the nation and agencies like mine wanted more staff, but didn't want to pay to train them and perform expensive background checks. So agencies began to raid other agencies - think free agency on steroids - and the long term costs were ignored to achieve short term savings. Salary wars broke out, and benefits were expanded and that is how we got to today. Did I benefit, you bet. Oh, and BTW I don't need to spend a thousand dollars to own a gun, or worry about a CC permit (though it never leaves my home).

BTW, during this time the Republicans in CA passed a couple of laws, with Democratic support, such as the Three Strikes Law, use a gun, got to prison, and a number of enhancements in sentencing to increase the time in prison or county jails.

Guess what, someone convicted of a violent felony 30 years before, and had a prior felony conviction (say auto theft) who was paroled and lived an arrest free life for three decades gets arrested for a misdemeanor, say petty theft, and is charged with the priors, convicted and sentence to 25 years to life. Guess who pays for his (or her) medical bills, room and board in prison? Guess who paid for the trial? And guess who pays for the CO's and who pays to build and maintain the jails? You got it, you do and so do I.

That's a flimsy justification for decades of overestimating returns to allow for smaller contributions at the time.

And again, your "I can get mine easy, screw you" attitude is why LEO's get a bad name. You are one of those asshole cops, who think you are better than the rest of us solely because you worked for the State. You are an authoritorian asshat, nothing more or less.

And I support legalization of pot, and maybe more drugs as time goes on, so attacking me via "you wanted the war on drugs, you got it route" won't fly with me.

And you can take your "teaching moment" attempts and cram them up your ass. The only thing I can learn from you is how not to be a hypocritical authoritarian government stooge.

Oh look. A lib taking credit for the hard work of all the über rich CEO's in California.

In spite of them constantly being demonized by the democrat party while taking their campaign donations.

I won't hold my breath.
#1 Aerospace company in the state is propped up by federal grants and loans.

# 1 industry in CA? Aerospace.

A. CA is a large state, with offices in San Diego and Crescent City and everywhere in between. The costs of communication by telephone alone was enormous and then Gov. Brown suggested CA have Satellite put into orbit which would obviate enormous monthly telephone bills.

Brown is pragmatic and fiscally responsible, unlike any of his predecessors (Deukmejian, Wilson, Davis or Schwarzenegger) or Reagan who preceded him; even as he approaches 80 years of age he remains an energetic proactive leader.

Brown is pragmatic and fiscally responsible

How much does he want to waste on high speed rail?

That's a flimsy justification for decades of overestimating returns to allow for smaller contributions at the time.

And again, your "I can get mine easy, screw you" attitude is why LEO's get a bad name. You are one of those asshole cops, who think you are better than the rest of us solely because you worked for the State. You are an authoritorian asshat, nothing more or less.

And I support legalization of pot, and maybe more drugs as time goes on, so attacking me via "you wanted the war on drugs, you got it route" won't fly with me.

And you can take your "teaching moment" attempts and cram them up your ass. The only thing I can learn from you is how not to be a hypocritical authoritarian government stooge.

Thanks so much for sharing, your whining seems to progress daily.

Q. How much does he want to waste on high speed rail?[/QUOTE]

A. Myopic thinking. Condition suffered by those incapable of sagacious thought.

Q. How much does he want to waste on high speed rail?

A. Myopic thinking. Condition suffered by those incapable of sagacious thought.

So he wants to waste a lot. I agree, that is myopic.

Thanks so much for sharing, your whining seems to progress daily.

Figures you have no real answer. You are truly living up to your bitch tits nickname. You get called out and you run away.

I won't hold my breath.

You seem to be full of shit.

California Economy by the Numbers

From the link, not from your ass:

LEADING JOB CREATION: California added almost 320,000 new jobs in 2013 and over 1.17 million new jobs since the end of the recession.

TOP 5 GDP GROWTH:
California's GDP growth rate was 3.5 percent in 2012 – fifth best in the nation.

MULTIPLE NATION LEADING SECTORS:
Where other states have one or two main economic sectors, California has several -- all of which lead the nation. California is first in high tech, biotech, agriculture, entertainment, manufacturing, tourism and more.

MANUFACTURING JOB INCREASE:
After ten plus years of manufacturing job losses, California posted three consecutive years of manufacturing job gains in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

RECORD EXPORTS:
In trade, California merchandise exports grew to $164 billion last year -- a record export high for the state. Our nation leading tourism sector boasts over 200 million visitors in 2012 with direct travel spending of more than $106.4 billion.

BALANCED BUDGETS IMPROVE CA CREDIT RATING:
In a landmark for the state, California ended 10 years of budget deficits as Governor Brown not only signed his third consecutive balanced budget but one that included more than a billion dollar surplus. As a result, the ratings service Fitch changed the state's outlook from "stable" to "positive," Moody's upgraded their ratings for California's Economic Recovery Bonds and Standard & Poor's raised California's credit rating for the first time since 2006.

INCREASING FOREIGN INVESTMENT
: In April Governor Brown led a trade mission to China where he announced over $1.8 billion dollars in deals and opened a California foreign trade office in Shanghai -- the first in over a decade.

NEW BUSINESS INCENTIVES:
Earlier this year, Governor Brown enacted a new Economic Development Initiative. The initiative brought together business leaders, labor interests and legislators from both sides of the aisle to help create a more flexible, more competitive set of economic development tools for California. The new tools include a Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Manufacturing, Biotech and R&D equipment; a Hiring Credit, and the CA Competes Tax Credit designed to incentive companies to locate or expand in CA.

There's more, but I suppose being a willfully ignorant person and a conservtive, but I repeat myself, you won't read the link or other evidence to support the conclusion you are full of shit.

I won't hold my breath.

You seem to be full of shit.

California Economy by the Numbers

From the link, not from your ass:

LEADING JOB CREATION: California added almost 320,000 new jobs in 2013 and over 1.17 million new jobs since the end of the recession.

TOP 5 GDP GROWTH:
California's GDP growth rate was 3.5 percent in 2012 – fifth best in the nation.

MULTIPLE NATION LEADING SECTORS:
Where other states have one or two main economic sectors, California has several -- all of which lead the nation. California is first in high tech, biotech, agriculture, entertainment, manufacturing, tourism and more.

MANUFACTURING JOB INCREASE:
After ten plus years of manufacturing job losses, California posted three consecutive years of manufacturing job gains in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

RECORD EXPORTS:
In trade, California merchandise exports grew to $164 billion last year -- a record export high for the state. Our nation leading tourism sector boasts over 200 million visitors in 2012 with direct travel spending of more than $106.4 billion.

BALANCED BUDGETS IMPROVE CA CREDIT RATING:
In a landmark for the state, California ended 10 years of budget deficits as Governor Brown not only signed his third consecutive balanced budget but one that included more than a billion dollar surplus. As a result, the ratings service Fitch changed the state's outlook from "stable" to "positive," Moody's upgraded their ratings for California's Economic Recovery Bonds and Standard & Poor's raised California's credit rating for the first time since 2006.

INCREASING FOREIGN INVESTMENT
: In April Governor Brown led a trade mission to China where he announced over $1.8 billion dollars in deals and opened a California foreign trade office in Shanghai -- the first in over a decade.

NEW BUSINESS INCENTIVES:
Earlier this year, Governor Brown enacted a new Economic Development Initiative. The initiative brought together business leaders, labor interests and legislators from both sides of the aisle to help create a more flexible, more competitive set of economic development tools for California. The new tools include a Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Manufacturing, Biotech and R&D equipment; a Hiring Credit, and the CA Competes Tax Credit designed to incentive companies to locate or expand in CA.

There's more, but I suppose being a willfully ignorant person and a conservtive, but I repeat myself, you won't read the link or other evidence to support the conclusion you are full of shit.

All that copy and paste and no mention of the top industry's in California and you say she is full of shit????????

Forum List

Back