Dumbing down our children, Walt Disney World finger scans for entry

The only people who believe in tin foil hat's are those who talk about them, and will be the first to allow the government total control of their lives. People like you.

Tin Foil hats are real

They prevent the government from reading your thoughts

You should try one....you will see I'm right

You're quite safe. The government are only interested in those that actually can think.
Safe as cattle. Moo moo.

WOW I realize this maybe old news. But watch these children and parents acceptmore and more and more big brother interventon. Since mickey is asking for it children will as they grow older accept more ad more Big Brother.

Why do you consider Walt Disney World, a private entity, big brother?

This is true. It is a private entity. And before I'd make a trip down, I'd be telling them I have a phobia about finger scanning, and need an alternate method of having a ticket. True or not, if they are that paranoid of their guests... they need to just board up shop or sell. They are no longer qualified or capable of functioning in the mass audience entertainment industry.

It was bad enough in 2001 when you had to have transparent or mesh bags and backpacks, they were all thoroughly searched and each item examined. It was an incredibly asinine experience.

Then again, we're talking about an organization that has an under the table deal with the Orlando emergency medical community AND the coroner's office that nobody can be declared dead on the premises and all 'necessary' means (nudge nudge wink wink) will be used till they get off the property. Then they don't give a crap.

Image image image.

no ticket no entry.

I guess I need to go a little slower for you.

Example 1: I purchase one season pass. I then loan that pass to every person on my block whenever they want to go to Disneyland. That pass was priced and sold based on ONE single person using it and visiting Disneyland in an average fashion. Now it is being used on a daily basis by customers that have NOT purchased the entrance fee.

Example 2: I purchase 2 tickets for the day. I enter the park with my friend, leave the park with both tickets while leaving my friend in the park and return with another friend using that same ticket. I jnow have allowed three people access for the price of two. Rinse and repeat and I can let as many people in as I please.

Example 3: I purchase a discounted pass that allows me into the park for 3 days instead of just one. The ticket is priced as to be an incentive for those that already paid the purchase price to come again in the same week but instead I hand the ticket off to a friend the next day where he is able to enter without paying the full price. I could go on but I am beginning to think you just want to complain without reason.

In the end IT DOES NOT MATTER why they wish to fingerprint their tickets. They can put WHATEVER asinine entry requirements they damn well please that is legal because they own the damn property. The scary part here is that YOU are the one advocating against freedom as you seem to think that they should be forced to operate as YOU deem fit. That is not how things work. You still have yet to display one reason that this is a bad thing anyway. What exactly are we ‘desensitizing’ the children to? Biometric scanning as a way of ID? How is that any different than being required to carry your ID with you and present it as proof of your identity? Just because it is using better tech than your ID does not make it different. It is the EXACT same process just more refined and accurate.

I hope I don't make it to simple for you (no ticket no entry) is as simple as you can get. Sure they can do has they wish for making demands for entry of all paying customers, but without paying customers they cannot say open. Money is the dictating factor, or at least it use to be.

But anyway whats happening is Big Sis is using a mouse to get Americas children more accecptable of giving out your Identity to anyone for any purpose.

You're being dense. I live 30 minutes from Silver Dollar City in Branson Mo, we purchase season tickets every year. They require adults to provide ID matching the name on the ticket before allowing entry. They have done so for at least the last 15 years. How is this any different?

And if you think your little boycott is going to hurt Disney at all, well LOL.

Example 1: I purchase one season pass. I then loan that pass to every person on my block whenever they want to go to Disneyland. That pass was priced and sold based on ONE single person using it and visiting Disneyland in an average fashion. Now it is being used on a daily basis by customers that have NOT purchased the entrance fee.

Example 2: I purchase 2 tickets for the day. I enter the park with my friend, leave the park with both tickets while leaving my friend in the park and return with another friend using that same ticket. I jnow have allowed three people access for the price of two. Rinse and repeat and I can let as many people in as I please.

Example 3: I purchase a discounted pass that allows me into the park for 3 days instead of just one. The ticket is priced as to be an incentive for those that already paid the purchase price to come again in the same week but instead I hand the ticket off to a friend the next day where he is able to enter without paying the full price. I could go on but I am beginning to think you just want to complain without reason.

In the end IT DOES NOT MATTER why they wish to fingerprint their tickets. They can put WHATEVER asinine entry requirements they damn well please that is legal because they own the damn property. The scary part here is that YOU are the one advocating against freedom as you seem to think that they should be forced to operate as YOU deem fit. That is not how things work. You still have yet to display one reason that this is a bad thing anyway. What exactly are we ‘desensitizing’ the children to? Biometric scanning as a way of ID? How is that any different than being required to carry your ID with you and present it as proof of your identity? Just because it is using better tech than your ID does not make it different. It is the EXACT same process just more refined and accurate.

I hope I don't make it to simple for you (no ticket no entry) is as simple as you can get. Sure they can do has they wish for making demands for entry of all paying customers, but without paying customers they cannot say open. Money is the dictating factor, or at least it use to be.

But anyway whats happening is Big Sis is using a mouse to get Americas children more accecptable of giving out your Identity to anyone for any purpose.

You're being dense. I live 30 minutes from Silver Dollar City in Branson Mo, we purchase season tickets every year. They require adults to provide ID matching the name on the ticket before allowing entry. They have done so for at least the last 15 years. How is this any different?

Jebus H Rice! Who do we have to kill, threaten, sue or fuck to get rid of you?

I recently took a trip over the Disney World a few months-and was shocked that they wanted me to give them my finger print. I asked why, they informed me they keep it on file so nobody else can use my ticket. What ever happened to an old fashioned show your ID to them? It wouldn't have pissed me off if I would have known about their policy before I purchased the ticket.

But what absolutely floored me was seeing so many people just willing to give Disney their fingerprints, just to get into a theme park. Was I really the only the one who thought, wait a minute...I'm not so sure if this is the best idea, for my finger prints to be given to to strangers, just so I can high five mickey mouse and buy a $5 bottle of water.

We're so willing to give away all of our information whether it be fingerprints to Disney, personal information on facebook, our constitutional rights at airports, and what have you not. We're so complacent, we just don't care. 1984 is a lot closer than a lot of people think. as we inch closer, it effects us all, conservative, liberal, black, white, red state, blue state.

Not saying it should be illegal for Disney to do this, you have the right not to enter their park-and that's fine. But I think it does reflect on our willingness as a society to just blindly accept giving up a little more here and there, and is very telling about the times we're in.

So, what is the difference between sowing your ID and taking a finger scan? The system is more modern but other than that, there is no difference.

I recently took a trip over the Disney World a few months-and was shocked that they wanted me to give them my finger print. I asked why, they informed me they keep it on file so nobody else can use my ticket. What ever happened to an old fashioned show your ID to them? It wouldn't have pissed me off if I would have known about their policy before I purchased the ticket.

But what absolutely floored me was seeing so many people just willing to give Disney their fingerprints, just to get into a theme park. Was I really the only the one who thought, wait a minute...I'm not so sure if this is the best idea, for my finger prints to be given to to strangers, just so I can high five mickey mouse and buy a $5 bottle of water.

We're so willing to give away all of our information whether it be fingerprints to Disney, personal information on facebook, our constitutional rights at airports, and what have you not. We're so complacent, we just don't care. 1984 is a lot closer than a lot of people think. as we inch closer, it effects us all, conservative, liberal, black, white, red state, blue state.

Not saying it should be illegal for Disney to do this, you have the right not to enter their park-and that's fine. But I think it does reflect on our willingness as a society to just blindly accept giving up a little more here and there, and is very telling about the times we're in.

So, what is the difference between sowing your ID and taking a finger scan? The system is more modern but other than that, there is no difference.

A finger scan is in the computer. It can be crossed checked and tracked and information saved.

My biggest issue is that the finger scanner is on HUGE petri dish! How many people touch that little pad?

I refuse to do it.... they look at my id and in i go.

And if you think your little boycott is going to hurt Disney at all, well LOL

1. Where have I mentioned anything about a Boycott?

You're being dense.

2. And you're being a sheeple.

I live 30 minutes from Silver Dollar City in Branson Mo, we purchase season tickets every year. They require adults to provide ID matching the name on the ticket before allowing entry. They have done so for at least the last 15 years. How is this any different?

These places are in the Busniess of making money not providing a tracking method. You have a ticket you show it at the gate and you are allowed to enter, if you don't have your ticket you are not allowed to enter.

Thats why I called this thread dumbing down Americas children you are a good example.

A finger scan is in the computer. It can be crossed checked and tracked and information saved.

My biggest issue is that the finger scanner is on HUGE petri dish! How many people touch that little pad?

:clap2:

I refuse to do it.... they look at my id and in i go

How long I wonder will places like Walmart start doing this and refusal is not an option?

:clap2:

I refuse to do it.... they look at my id and in i go

How long I wonder will places like Walmart start doing this and refusal is not an option?
Simple, they start it, and suddenly when business plummets because so many won't put up with this, they'll drop the program.

Walmart is built on convenience and savings. Any impediment to that wrecks their model.

And they cannot do that with ID? How about with your credit card? You would be floored by the amount of information that is stored every time you purchase something that requires you to show ID or use a bank/credit card.

And they cannot do that with ID? How about with your credit card? You would be floored by the amount of information that is stored every time you purchase something that requires you to show ID or use a bank/credit card.

This is a giant nothing. These people who oppose this are just ridiculous. There is no logical reason to fight Disney on this.

If they look at my ID thats fine but when they try to scan it's no sale for me. I decline the purchase and walk out the store.

With the exception of firearms.

This is a giant nothing. These people who oppose this are just ridiculous. There is no logical reason to fight Disney on this.
Disney has NO reason what so evcer to scan a paing customer.

Disney does not NEED a reason per se to do anything they do. It's their fucking property. If they want to say "you can't come in here unless you wear mouse ears and chant all praise Mickey" Guess what, they have that right.

Or do you argue that you have a right to go to Disney World?

You're going to Disney. Everything you do in the park has that and more touching it.

Disney does not NEED a reason per se to do anything they do. It's their fucking property. If they want to say "you can't come in here unless you wear mouse ears and chant all praise Mickey" Guess what, they have that right.

They just aren't getting it. Bottom line, don't like it, don't fucking go. Period.

They just aren't getting it. Bottom line, don't like it, don't fucking go. Period.

They don't want to get it. It's all about money. Disney has figured out that THIS system prevents the most people from using their season passes in an unapproved way, so that's what they are using. Anyone who thinks Disney cares about anything more than profit is crazy.

They don't want to get it. It's all about money. Disney has figured out that THIS system prevents the most people from using their season passes in an unapproved way, so that's what they are using. Anyone who thinks Disney cares about anything more than profit is crazy.

true dat. No deeper meaning.

never said they needed a reason. I said their is no reason for them to do it. Yes it's their proprety I will never go to that rat hole. But people are stupid and do what ever it's told them to do. Now children are easly trained to accept what the powers that be dictate.

Forum List

Back