Duke U. requires proof of Covid Vaccination

This is quickly going to become the norm. Businesses have a right to open in a safe environment for themselves, their employees, and their customers.

Fascist Nazis gonna Facist Nazily.

Private organizations acting on behalf of the Government to violate civil rights is Nazism.

Requiring proof of vaccination is a violation of HIPPA regulations and the 4th Amendment, at a minimum.

You better take some classes in HIPPA. It is not a violation.

I'm quite familiar with HIPPA as I work with companies that need to comply with it.

For the Vaccine Passports to work, health care records are going to be accessed. Who is going to check if the "passport" is valid? How are those "checks" going to be recorded and stored?

So, unless this is just Kabuki theater where anyone can show a forged passport and nothing is verified, HIPPA does apply.

Then you don't know as much as you think.

Oh blah blah blahs so sleepy....non-ouch.

If you're the expert, tell us how all patient private information is supposed to be accessible for vaccine verification if isn't covered by HIPPA (and the organization doesn't have to sign a BAA).

Let's start with a few lessons for you. First if I am a business owner and you walk into my business and I ask you to prove you've been vaccinated, is it a violation? NO it is not. If I am an employer and I ask you to provide proof, is it a violation? NO because it is in the interest of public health. It becomes part of your personnel file not necessarily to be shared. Is showing proof or requiring you have a vaccination a HIPPA violation? Again NO.

The HIPAA legislation had four primary objectives:
  • Assure health insurance portability by eliminating job-lock due to pre-existing medical conditions.
  • Reduce healthcare fraud and abuse.
  • Enforce standards for health information.
  • Guarantee security and privacy of health information.

You can go on all damn day but you wouldn't win in a court of law with precedent already set.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back