Duck Lienasty #1 - Phil Robertson was a great QB, offered an NFL contract.

Alfalfa

Rookie
Sep 6, 2013
You've all heard the PR meme, Phil Robertson was an All State QB who kept Terry Bradshaw on the bench and turned down a contract to play in the NFL.

But it's all a lie.

I've researched Louisiana All State recipients and Big Daddy Phil is no where to be found. But let's move on to his college years.

Phil was the starting QB for LATech in '66 and '67. In his entire college career he led the team to a stunning 4-16 record. He completed 179 of 411 passes for a total of 2237 yards. He had 12 touchdowns and 34 interceptions.

In '68 the coaches decided to go with the high school phenom, Terry Bradshaw who was two years behind Phil. Phil quit football and didn't play his senior year.

An alum of LAT arranged a walk on for Phil with the Redskins. If he made the team, he got a contract. But Phil was going up against the established QB, Sonny Jurgenson, who just came off a record breaking season. On top of that he would be competing with another young upstart, Joe Theismann. Can't figure out why Phil just said "no mas".

Big Daddy never kept Bradshaw on the bench...Terry was two years younger. When they shit canned Phil Bradshaw went 9-1 the next season. Of course, we all know the rest of that history. I'm not a fan of the Steelers, but I love Bradshaw. Seriously, who doesn't?

So this PR meme about Phil beingan all state QB and college standout who kept Bradshaw on the bench and turned down a contract to play in the NFL is all baloney.

Just like the rest of the whole Duck Lienasty meme.

Last edited:
  • Banned
You do realize you're calling Terry Bradshaw a liar?

I've checked all of TBs comments and found he was being cordial and polite. Show me the TB comment that deviates from my analysis.

I hope some NFL QB decides to grow one of those ZZ Top beards during the off season. Maybe Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Is 6 months even long enough?

"Personal foul, number 99!" "Pulling of the redneck beard!" "Ten yard penalty, automatic cross burning!"

I hope some NFL QB decides to grow one of those ZZ Top beards during the off season. Maybe Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Is 6 months even long enough?

"Personal foul, number 99!" "Pulling of the redneck beard!" "Ten yard penalty, automatic cross burning!"

That would take well over a year I think. The longest I've gone without shaving is maybe 3 months and I don't think it was even an inch long. But that would definitely be awesome!

• Banned
Phil Robertson was born 4/29/46 and entered LATech in sept of '65...a year late due to kays pregnancy. TB was born on 9-2-48 and entered LATech in Sept of '66. Phil redshirted his first year and QB'd '66 and '67. TB redshirted '66 and played backup to PR in '67 then started in '68 and '69. He was drafted into the NFL in January of '70.

Phil Robertson was born 4/29/46 and entered LATech in sept of '65...a year late due to kays pregnancy. TB was born on 9-2-48 and entered LATech in Sept of '66. Phil redshirted his first year and QB'd '66 and '67. TB redshirted '66 and played backup to PR in '67 then started in '68 and '69. He was drafted into the NFL in January of '70.

I think I'll take Bradshaws word over yours.

But thanks for trying

But thanks for trying

Bradshaw is a devout Christian from louisiana. He has been very cordial to history of Big Daddy but I do wonder what he might think of his eccentric religious leanings.

But thanks for trying

Bradshaw is a devout Christian from louisiana. He has been very cordial to history of Big Daddy but I do wonder what he might think of his eccentric religious leanings.

Shall we list Terry Bradshaws accomplishments?

Yours?

But thanks for trying

Shall we list Terry Bradshaws accomplishments?

Yours?

What does bradshaws accomplishments have to do with the lies about Big Daddy's fibbed football history and fake NFL contract?

Last edited:
[MENTION=45131]Alfalfa[/MENTION]

13546298-tv-remote-control-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

^ This is a television remote. You can use it to watch something else if you don't like Duck Dynasty

[MENTION=45131]Alfalfa[/MENTION]

13546298-tv-remote-control-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

^ This is a television remote. You can use it to watch something else if you don't like Duck Dynasty

I can assure you, A&E as wel as their advertisers will be getting a bellyLoad of remotes.

By the end of '14 DD will be on Glenn Beck or some other Christian network.

Bear Bryant had no eye for talent either:

"I remember he was quite a good quarterback. He had a great arm. The thing I remember about him is we went over and played Alabama. Bear Bryant was the coach, and of course Alabama beat us that day (34-0 in 1966). But I remember the next day in the paper Bryant said, “That young man over there on the Tech sideline, that quarterback, he has one heck of an arm. He’s a great prospect. He’s one of the best prospects I’ve seen.” And Bear Bryant’s quarterback was “Snake” Stabler."

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Duck-Dynasty-star-Phil-Robertson-could-have-been-an-NFL-QB-according-to-old-teammates-Blog-62638

Last edited:
Bear Bryant had no eye for talent either:

"I remember he was quite a good quarterback. He had a great arm. The thing I remember about him is we went over and played Alabama. Bear Bryant was the coach, and of course Alabama beat us that day (34-0 in 1966). But I remember the next day in the paper Bryant said, “That young man over there on the Tech sideline, that quarterback, he has one heck of an arm. He’s a great prospect. He’s one of the best prospects I’ve seen.” And Bear Bryant’s quarterback was “Snake” Stabler."

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson could have been an NFL QB, according to old teammates | NFL | San Francisco 49ers | Pittsburgh Steelers

Right. One of LATechs lineman quoting Bryant in an unsourced publication.

I'm sure Bear Bryant was thoroughly impressed with a quarterback he just beat 34 to nothing.

NFL material right there...

Last edited:
BTW, why hasn't that quote gone up on the Dick Lienasty website? Every other lie has...

Forum List

Back