Dryer Help!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My dryer is going "bump, bump, ba-bump, ba-bump" REALLY loud, round and round and round. It's driving my daughter and I :cuckoo:.

I have to have these clothes dried by 6:30 am, they are her gym and track things.

Any advice on how I can stop that sound, or why it's happening? My brother usually helps me around the condo, but he's on vacation with his family.

Thanks anyone!

My dryer is going "bump, bump, ba-bump, ba-bump" REALLY loud, round and round and round. It's driving my daughter and I :cuckoo:.

I have to have these clothes dried by 6:30 am, they are her gym and track things.

Any advice on how I can stop that sound, or why it's happening? My brother usually helps me around the condo, but he's on vacation with his family.

Thanks anyone!

balance your load ,baby

That's the noise a lighter makes when it finally makes it's way out of a pocket. :lol:

OMG I can't STAND IT!

It's so fricking loud, and I'm out in the living room, the dryer is in the kitchen closet thing, ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump.

I'm not even going to put the towels in when this load is done. I only put half the load in the dryer when I dry them anyway.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_pray:

Wait!

Did you hear bump, bump, ba-bump, ba-bump! or did you hear bump ba-bumb! bump ba bump! ?

I don't know what either sound actually means but bump, bump, ba-bump, ba-bump! is way cooler than bump ba-bumb! bump ba bump!

I figure dryers are a lot like music.

So before you go off and gild this dryer lily, let's remember what Duke Ellington said:

"If it sounds good, it is good"

Thanks anyone!
Take everything out and start the dryer again. If the noise is still there, try this:

With the dryer off, try to rotate the basket by hand. It should turn smoothly and almost effortlessly. There should be no catches or hitches. Rotate it all the way around a couple of times.

Next place your hand in the top of the basket and push up. The basket should not move. If it does, you have a serious mechanical problem.

Usually on dryers when this occurs it's either the main trunnion bearing (if it's shaft driven) or the idle rollers which the basket rolls on, these are usually neoprene (like skateboard wheels) and can melt and develop a flat spot which will cause this noise.

Let us know what your examination uncovers.

Thanks anyone!
Take everything out and start the dryer again. If the noise is still there, try this:

With the dryer off, try to rotate the basket by hand. It should turn smoothly and almost effortlessly. There should be no catches or hitches. Rotate it all the way around a couple of times.

Next place your hand in the top of the basket and push up. The basket should not move. If it does, you have a serious mechanical problem.

Usually on dryers when this occurs it's either the main trunnion bearing (if it's shaft driven) or the idle rollers which the basket rolls on, these are usually neoprene (like skateboard wheels) and can melt and develop a flat spot which will cause this noise.

who was that masked man..........theeeeeeeeeeeeee midnight maytag maaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!

Thanks anyone!

OH MY GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2:

I did exactly what you said, then I started it again, and now it's back to normal!

THANK YOU! :D

Thanks anyone!

I did exactly what you said, then I started it again, and now it's back to normal!

Whoa.

The sound disappeared when? When you took the goods out and restarted?

Whoa.

The sound disappeared when? When you took the goods out and restarted?

I unplugged the dryer, spun the basket thing with my hand, moved the basket thingy, and plugged it back in and started the dryer again. Now it's back to normal. I guess the basket thingy was loose?

PS-Don't be stepping on my dryer buzz now!

I unplugged the dryer, spun the basket thing with my hand, moved the basket thingy, and plugged it back in and started the dryer again. Now it's back to normal. I guess the basket thingy was loose?
You didn't say if you ran it without the goods, and if so did it continue to make the same noise.

Machines don't heal themselves like our bodies do, and although I am glad you got your load dried, there's still a big question in my mind what actually happened with this and whether or not you have an intermittent problem which will resurface later.

It's possible you had a big piece of lint caught on one of the idlers, which you dislodged during your inspection.

You didn't say if you ran it without the goods, and if so did it continue to make the same noise.

Machines don't heal themselves like our bodies do, and although I am glad you got your load dried, there's still a big question in my mind what actually happened with this and whether or not you have an intermittent problem which will resurface later.

It's possible you had a big piece of lint caught on one of the idlers, which you dislodged during your inspection.

oh admit it---it was a lucky guess :lol:

Well, I owe you more rep MM.

Now I have the towels in, the daughter is in bed sleeping soundly, and the dryer is running

QUIETLY!!!!

Thanks Again! :clap2:

Forum List

Back