Druze teen faces jail over refusing to serve in Israeli army

UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention in Opinion 24/2003*on IsraelThe detention of the Refuziks is arbitrary says the UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention

Last Update 19 January 2004

"Referring to the fact that the four above mentioned individuals have served more than one disciplinary measure for refusing to obey military orders, the U.N. Working Group stated that "the repeated penalties for the disobedience to serve in the military are not compatible with the principle of non bis in idem, as born out by article 14-7 of the ICCPR (International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights), which states that no one shall be liable to be tried or punished again for an offence for which he has already been finally convicted or acquitted."*In conclusion, the UN Working Group affirms that « the second and subsequent deprivations of liberty of Matan Kaminer, Adam Maor, Noam Bahat and Jonathan Ben Artzi are contrary to article 14.7 of the ICCPR. The non-observance of the international norms relating to a fair trial, is of such gravity as to confer on the deprivation of liberty an arbitrary nature, falling under category III of the principles applicable in the consideration of the cases submitted to the Working Group.*"

The detention of the Refuziks is arbitrary says the UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention - FIDH

Can you tell us why you are so obsessed with this when your "fellow Christians" are being murdered in the Middle East? I would think that on a Middle East forum you would like to discuss this as it is really more important than someone who refused to serve in the military, especially when this happens in militaries around the world.

I am not obsessed with delusions of dying Christians like you!

Do yourself a favor, get help for your problem.

And STFU if you have nothing to say about thread topics.

You are the one who needs help with whatever mental problem you have. This is the Middle East forum, and you are obsessed with one kid who refused military service and people are dying all over the Middle East. Look at all the posts on what is really an insignificant thread given what is happening elsewhere. The only reason you have brought this up is because it happens to involved Israel. If 50 young men in one day refused to serve in the Iranian Army, we wouldn't have heard a peep out of you.

I started a thread about an Israeli who has been unlawfully imprisoned for being a conscientious objector.

This is The Middle East Forum.

Israel is in the Middle East.

Do you have anything to say about the thread topic, Hossfly?

You are the one who needs help with whatever mental problem you have. This is the Middle East forum, and you are obsessed with one kid who refused military service and people are dying all over the Middle East. Look at all the posts on what is really an insignificant thread given what is happening elsewhere. The only reason you have brought this up is because it happens to involved Israel. If 50 young men in one day refused to serve in the Iranian Army, we wouldn't have heard a peep out of you.
God-dammit, stop hijacking threads you fucking bitch!

I started a thread about an Israeli who has been unlawfully imprisoned for being a conscientious objector.

Yes, I do. It is very, very sad when a women has spent all day long on an insignificant thread only because it involves Israel when the viewers are smart enough to release that men in all countries which have militaries have refused service. Meanwhile, so much is happening all around the Middle East that you close your eyes to because it doesn't involve Israel. Your only purpose on here is your obsession with Israel and the Jews when this is basically a Middle East forum to discuss what is happening in the entire Middle East.

Yes, I do. It is very, very sad when a women has spent all day long on an insignificant thread only because it involves Israel when the viewers are smart enough to release that men in all countries which have militaries have refused service. Meanwhile, so much is happening all around the Middle East that you close your eyes to because it doesn't involve Israel. Your only purpose on here is your obsession with Israel and the Jews when this is basically a Middle East forum to discuss what is happening in the entire Middle East.
But this thread is not.

If you won't comment on the topic of the OP, then get the fuck out!

But this thread is not.

Who died and left you as God Almighty?

But this thread is not.

Billy, when you were a young, stupid boy, was soap constantly put in that nasty mouth of yours? I don't think Billy ever served in the military anyway so he is all for guys opting out of the military. Meanwhile, I will reiterate. Men refuse military service all over the world, and I wouldn't be surprised if Billy were the type to run to Canada if he were drafted. And this is still an insignificant thread even though there are those silly people who want it to go on for eternity because it involves the Israelis/Jews. What do you have to say about what is going on in other Middle East countries, Billy? I am sure such a "smart' boy like you is so well informed and keeps up with the news.

UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention in Opinion 24/2003*on IsraelThe detention of the Refuziks is arbitrary says the UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention

Last Update 19 January 2004

"Referring to the fact that the four above mentioned individuals have served more than one disciplinary measure for refusing to obey military orders, the U.N. Working Group stated that "the repeated penalties for the disobedience to serve in the military are not compatible with the principle of non bis in idem, as born out by article 14-7 of the ICCPR (International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights), which states that no one shall be liable to be tried or punished again for an offence for which he has already been finally convicted or acquitted."*In conclusion, the UN Working Group affirms that « the second and subsequent deprivations of liberty of Matan Kaminer, Adam Maor, Noam Bahat and Jonathan Ben Artzi are contrary to article 14.7 of the ICCPR. The non-observance of the international norms relating to a fair trial, is of such gravity as to confer on the deprivation of liberty an arbitrary nature, falling under category III of the principles applicable in the consideration of the cases submitted to the Working Group.*"

The detention of the Refuziks is arbitrary says the UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention - FIDH

Basically, what we learn from this UN order is that if Omar is ordered to serve another sentence past the initial 20 days he is presently ordered to serve, his imprisonment will be unlawful under this UN Working Group order.

Billy, when you were a young, stupid boy, was soap constantly put in that nasty mouth of yours? I don't think Billy ever served in the military anyway so he is all for guys opting out of the military. Meanwhile, I will reiterate. Men refuse military service all over the world, and I wouldn't be surprised if Billy were the type to run to Canada if he were drafted. And this is still an insignificant thread even though there are those silly people who want it to go on for eternity because it involves the Israelis/Jews. What do you have to say about what is going on in other Middle East countries, Billy? I am sure such a "smart' boy like you is so well informed and keeps up with the news.
You do this on every thread about Israel, because you don't want people talking about Israel's crimes against humanity. You do everything you can, to derail any conversation about Israel that puts them in a negative light. And you constantly attack anyone who brings up that subject.

You're nothing but a fucking troll!

But this thread is not.

It's baseless to argue with these two. They think this is a hot topic, and the only reason it has been kept going is because, as you know, it involves Israel. When you think of how many men ran up to Canada to escape the draft, it is hilarious in a way how they want to continue with this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if the readers are getting bored reading about this.

It's baseless to argue with these two. They think this is a hot topic, and the only reason it has been kept going is because, as you know, it involves Israel. When you think of how many men ran up to Canada to escape the draft, it is hilarious in a way how they want to continue with this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if the readers are getting bored reading about this.
Then leave!

No one's asking you to stay.

Take your repeating, hijacking bullshit somewhere else and give us all a break.

You do this on every thread about Israel, because you don't want people talking about Israel's crimes against humanity. You do everything you can, to derail any conversation about Israel that puts them in a negative light. And you constantly attack anyone who brings up that subject.

You're nothing but a fucking troll!

Did you just leave the bar? It sounds like you had one too many. I think the regular readers of this forum realise that Billy really has no interest in what is haplpening in the Middle East. He IS only on this forum to bash Israel. If he actually was concerned with what was happening in the Middle East, there are plenty of articles which he could post.
No use here arguing with someone who appears like he is hung over

But this thread is not.

This is going to be my response to every off topic post from you from now forward.

Off-topic posts may be edited, trashed, deleted, or moved to an appropriate forum as per administrator & moderator discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub forum.*

http://www.usmessageboard.com/annou...48-usmb-rules-and-guidelines.html#post6790048

And you constantly attack anyone who brings up that subject.
Did you just leave the bar? It sounds like you had one too many. I think the regular readers of this forum realise that Billy really has no interest in what is haplpening in the Middle East. He IS only on this forum to bash Israel. If he actually was concerned with what was happening in the Middle East, there are plenty of articles which he could post.
No use here arguing with someone who appears like he is hung over
I feel like a sage!

He wasn't unlawfully anything, Sherri. Cut the nonsense.

It's obligation of any citizen to serve in the army.

Refusal of ideology and conscience is not uncommon, but it IS punishable by jail. This young man is an example. He refused to obey the law, he is now held responsible. That is how it is.

I knew of a friend who believed the IDF system wronged her. She was ready to be sent to prison for her struggle. And she did. She took responsibility for both deed and punishment with grace.

That how it works here.

So all your useless posts are pretty much pointless.

Being a lawyer, you are the first who needs to learn to respect the law.

To each who refuses, there are 1000 eager to serve.
That's because they know they can get away with using a 9 year old Palestinian boy as a "human shield".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFRSrNE45Aw]No Jail - No Justice? Israeli troops set free in 'Human Shield' trial - YouTube[/ame]

No, that is because they want to protect the people of Israel.

You've been brainwashed to hate Israel, loiny. You have no real idea about the thoughts and feelings of Israelis. You don't know how we're raised and educated

Forum List

Back