Druze teen faces jail over refusing to serve in Israeli army

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) --

"The threat of arrest hangs over a Druze teenager from northern Israel after refusing to go against his conscience and serve in Israel's military, Amnesty International said Wednesday."

"I refuse to take an assault rifle and point it at another human being. I abhor this violence and everything connected to violence. I detest and hate all violence," he told Amnesty International."I don't want to be part of the Israeli army because the Israeli government is responsible for the occupation. As an Arab Druze I consider myself part of the Palestinian people - so how can I be part of the army that occupies my people? I won't sell all my beliefs and my identity to anyone."

According to Philip Luther, Middle East and North Africa Director at Amnesty International, Omar Saad should not be imprisoned and if Israeli officials do arrest him, he will be a prisoner of conscience and they will campaign for his immediate release.

Israel is not immune to the dictates of international law, and we see Amnesty once again trying to intervene and do what they can to see Israel abides by her obligations under international law.

Druze teen faces jail over refusing to serve in Israeli army | Maan News Agency

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) --

"The threat of arrest hangs over a Druze teenager from northern Israel after refusing to go against his conscience and serve in Israel's military, Amnesty International said Wednesday."

"I refuse to take an assault rifle and point it at another human being. I abhor this violence and everything connected to violence. I detest and hate all violence," he told Amnesty International."I don't want to be part of the Israeli army because the Israeli government is responsible for the occupation. As an Arab Druze I consider myself part of the Palestinian people - so how can I be part of the army that occupies my people? I won't sell all my beliefs and my identity to anyone."

According to Philip Luther, Middle East and North Africa Director at Amnesty International, Omar Saad should not be imprisoned and if Israeli officials do arrest him, he will be a prisoner of conscience and they will campaign for his immediate release.

Israel is not immune to the dictates of international law, and we see Amnesty once again trying to intervene and do what they can to see Israel abides by her obligations under international law.

Druze teen faces jail over refusing to serve in Israeli army | Maan News Agency

I wonder if Mrs. Sherri can give us a list of the Middle East countries who put people in jail for refusing to serve in their military.

Omar Saad is one Israeli who has my complete respect and support.

No doubt you respected all the draft dodgers in the U.S. too. Now that Billy is here, I wonder if he is able to tell us what happens to draft dogers in other Middle East countries. Do they have his respect also.

If he doesn't want to follow the law and serve in the military, he should leave the country.

It's just that simple.

No doubt you respected all the draft dodgers in the U.S. too. Now that Billy is here, I wonder if he is able to tell us what happens to draft dogers in other Middle East countries. Do they have his respect also.
Why do you always try to change the subject, instead of dealing with what is wrong in your country?

Why do you always try to change the subject, instead of dealing with what is wrong in your country?

Because Pro Palestinians have a Double Standard. Whenever a thread is introduced about the atrocities in Muslim Countries they are ignored. Get it? Of course not :cuckoo:

This is what's funny about this post. A couple times in the last few weeks I've seen pro-zionists mention that arabs serve in the IDF as if that's some kind of testament to their multiculturalism and evidence that in fact "good" arabs love them.

What they don't tell you is that some arabs, in particular the druze, are subject to the same conscription laws as jewish israelis.

But they don't mention that because it would kill their ziobuzz.

Last edited:
This is what's funny about this post. A couple times in the last few weeks I've seen pro-zionists mention that arabs serve in the IDF as if that's some kind of testament to their multiculturalism and evidence that in fact "good" arabs love them.

What they don't tell you is that some arabs, in particular the druze, are subject to the same conscription laws as jewish israelis.

Why, Alfalfa, haven't you heard that there are other Arabs who also serve in the IDF? If you feel this story is so important, wouldn't it be nice if you could also tell us what happens in the other Middle East countries when citizens refuse to serve in their militaries.
Since Alfalfa must be retired as he has plenty of time to post, he must have been eligible for the draft. Did you ever serve, Alfalfa? One would think such a big macho guy like you would have just volunteed to serve his country.

WTF are you even saying ??

You're starting to really not make sense.

Why, Alfalfa, haven't you heard that there are other Arabs who also serve in the IDF? If you feel this story is so important, wouldn't it be nice if you could also tell us what happens in the other Middle East countries when citizens refuse to serve in their militaries.
Since Alfalfa must be retired as he has plenty of time to post, he must have been eligible for the draft. Did you ever serve, Alfalfa? One would think such a big macho guy like you would have just volunteed to serve his country.

The topic is druze and the IDF...quit derailing.

WTF are you even saying ??

You're starting to really not make sense.

I think I was pretty clear. There are arabs serving in the IDF because it is required by israeli law. Sunni and shia are exempt but not the arab druze.

Did people know that israel segregates 99% these "non jews" from the rest of the IDF in their own regiments? Kind of like what the Union did to blacks in the civil war. Don't want to pollute the blood line by unnecessary mixing of the bad blood apes and the good blood chicks. Next they'll have cats and dogs living together in haifa.

Of course, this is 2013, not 1860.

Last edited:

The only reason that article was brought up is because it happens to involve Israel. If some young man refused military service in a Muslim country and he was tortorued and killed over it, there would not be a peep out of you. In every country in the world that has a military, there are men who have refused and are still refusing.

One scoobey snack to who can tell me the two word phrase why 1% of druze are allowed to mix with the chosen conscripts?

Last edited:

The only reason that article was brought up is because it happens to involve Israel. If some young man refused military service in a Muslim country and he was tortorued and killed over it, there would not be a peep out of you. In every country in the world that has a military, there are men who have refused and are still refusing.

Again, please stay on topic sasquatch.

Forum List

Back