Drudge Report Not Really A Rightwing Media Source

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
drudge-report-1024x481.jpg

I've been seeing some very alarming trends on Drudge lately. They seem to be focusing on Fake News. Some of the stories I've been seeing lately appear highly speculative at best.

For years the left has said that the Drudge Report is nothing but a source of rightwing propaganda. Lately they've been one of the first places to see fake news stories intended to discredit Trump.

What it appears like is they are really just a place to find every side of the story, not just one side. It's really balanced reporting....the good and the bad.

I guess if I want to see only one side the best place is American Thinker. If I want to see the left's side I would go to the Washington Post, the New York Times, or the L.A. Times. Drudge is trying to be fair and impartial. I think they should stop repeating yellow journalism and vet the trash out before putting anything on their site. It seems instead what they're doing is trying to get as many hits as possible. That may be good for the bottom line but eventually it will come back to haunt them.

The Drudgereport is not rightwing. But it is a place which covers stories spiked by the leftwing media which does, i guess, make it a "source" for the right.

Forum List

Back