Drilling Moratorium Extended for 7 Years

Yeah just think of all those jobs that we could create cleaning up spills.

You have GOT to be the DUMBEST person on USMB.

All those spills?

ONE

B/c of ONE spill OBAMA is killing 1 MILLION jobs. These jobs will not come back, b/c the companies will close and move on, it will take decades to recover from this stoopidity.

and your happy about it.

Bull-shit on the killing of 1 million jobs. Not one well was shut down in the eastern gulf off the coast of Fla. by the Obama adminstration. Because they were not drilling in those waters.

Florida has long banned drilling in its state-controlled waters

The current Federal ban has been in place since 2006. They were considering opening up the water 200 miles from shore, but apparently not anymore.

Personally I'd like to see Fla open all it waters to drilling......

There are safety concerns here folks.

Some jobs are NOT worth the lives of workers.

Lets remember 11 people died that day.

Acceptable risk versus reward. What's the percentage of oil workers who die on the job yearly?

Less than fishermen and I don't see you decrying the risks of fishing.

No one has forgotten them. Industrial accidents happen, unfortunately, but the best answer is to make the jobs safer, not eliminate them. Construction is one of the most dangerous jobs in the US, but we still build houses and buildings. Thousands of people have died in plane crashes, but millions still fly every day. Would you have those industries shut down as well?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

They JUST happen huh?

Listen asshole these people were left to fry by their employers

No one has forgotten them. Industrial accidents happen , unfortunately, but the best answer is to make the jobs safer, not eliminate them. Construction is one of the most dangerous jobs in the US, but we still build houses and buildings. Thousands of people have died in plane crashes, but millions still fly every day. Would you have those industries shut down as well?

The whole idea of the freeze is to make them safer.

They are NOT safe or didnt you fucking notice ?

This is simply unreal. They were told that the 5 year moritorium would kill 1 million jobs. So the only logical reason for EXTENDING it is to kill more jobs.

Why? why does obama hate American oil workers?

I don't think he hates American oil workers. I think he's more interested in getting other countries around the world up to speed when it comes to drilling. Mexico and who else did we send $$ to? I can't remember.

Can anyone say Global Redistribution?

Forget about the jobs in the Gulf. With Obama's help, other folks around the globe will have a better chance at employment.

"Mexico and who else did we send $$ to?" Brazil. We sent $10 billion to a Brazillian oil company, 2 weeks after Soros bought vast amounts of stock in the same company.

Of course, that was just a coincedence, not a way for obama to put billions in his main backer pocket book.

All those spills?

ONE

B/c of ONE spill OBAMA is killing 1 MILLION jobs. These jobs will not come back, b/c the companies will close and move on, it will take decades to recover from this stoopidity.

and your happy about it.

Bull-shit on the killing of 1 million jobs. Not one well was shut down in the eastern gulf off the coast of Fla. by the Obama adminstration. Because they were not drilling in those waters.

The current Federal ban has been in place since 2006. They were considering opening up the water 200 miles from shore, but apparently not anymore.

Gulf Oil Spill Job Losses Could Total 1 MILLION Over Next 5 Years: David Kotok
The Economic Impact of an Offshore Drilling Ban | The Heritage Foundation

BP Gulf Spill May Cause Loss of 1 Million Jobs : TreeHugger

Even the huffintonpoop says your wrong

Hey maybe we should illiminate Coal mine regulations and create undertaker jobs too.

The EPA has already crafted new regulations that will eliminate hundreds of thousands of coal mining jobs. Several of my extended family will be hit when this occurs.

Sorry to hear that.

Looks like obama will be the first dem to run for Pres that won't get all the union votes since Reagan got re-elected.

How could anyone vote for a man or party that puts you out of a job?

All those spills?

ONE

and your happy about it.

Yep...From the article in the OP:

"The eastern Gulf of Mexico — an area stretching from 125 to 300 miles off Florida's coast — was singled out for protection by Congress in 2006 as part of a deal with Florida lawmakers that made available 8.3 million acres to oil and gas development in the east-central Gulf. The protected region is to remain off limits to energy development until 2022.

But the administration had entertained the idea of expanded drilling, until the BP spill that spewed an estimated 172 million gallons of oil into the Gulf.

Florida has long banned drilling in its state-controlled waters — those immediately off its shores, before federal jurisdiction takes over farther out — because of fears that a spill would damage its beaches, the state's biggest tourism draw. But even state lawmakers, including Gov. Charlie Crist, were considering opening those waters to drilling before the spill.
"

All those spills?

ONE

and your happy about it.

Gulf Oil Spill Job Losses Could Total 1 MILLION Over Next 5 Years: David Kotok
The Economic Impact of an Offshore Drilling Ban | The Heritage Foundation

BP Gulf Spill May Cause Loss of 1 Million Jobs : TreeHugger

Even the huffintonpoop says your wrong

No it doesn't. That story, updated 8-12-10, is about the entire effect of the BP spill, including the deep water drilling moratoriumn which shut down 33 wells. That moratoriumn was lifted in mid-October.

The OP article has nothing to do with that. Before the BP spill they were thinking about expanding drilling into the waters 200 miles off the coast of Fla.

There will be no new job creation from the extended ban however. I don't agree with it but let's not lie about the effects of extending the current ban on drilling off the coast of Fla.

As a Florida resident, I am very happy they extended the drilling ban. The Panhandle was devastated by the oil spill.

The ban has been on for years. Obama is just extending it. I would have been shocked if he hadn't.

Last edited:

I'm guessing that foreign countries will still be privy to drill in those exact waters.
Just another way to go through the back door and redistribute our wealth at the global level. When will the libs wake up, or admit this is exactly what's going on?

We dont control other governments do we.

No we don't....so what's the sense of shooting ourselves in the foot if other countries are going to drill in those waters? Let them benefit from the profits that should be going to us? I'm willing to bet we have better safety standards than those other countries.

Oh yeah.....redistribution of wealth coming from this administration.
Your not very smart are you, TDM?

There are drilling rights for each country.

We control the drilling right a certain distance from our own shores.

If othe fuckers want to foul their shores then its their fault for drilling in their control areas.

We control our country not others countries.

How silly of you

Forum List

Back