Dream: To become a US Marine and a Brain Surgeon

R

rdean

Joe Klein: In Arizona, an Illegal Student Wants to Enlist - Video - TIME.com

McCain voted against "Dream Act", bill he "co-sponsored".

The Dream Act is a "path to citizenship" through education or the military.

Basic Information about the DREAM Act Legislation | DREAM Act Portal

The purpose of the Development, Relief and Education of Alien Minors Act, also called the DREAM Act, is to help those individuals who meet certain requirements, have an opportunity to enlist in the military or go to college and have a path to citizenship which they otherwise would not have without this legislation. Supporters of the DREAM Act believe it is vital not only to the people who would benefit from it, but also the United States as a whole. It would give an opportunity to undocumented immigrant students who have been living in the U.S. since they were young, a chance to contribute back to the country that has given so much to them and a chance to utilize their hard earned education and talents.

-----------

My favorite story about hard working immigrants is the one about the migrant worker who became a brain surgeon. He used to weld rails, now he saves American lives. Probably some of the very people who want him gone. Ironic

From illegal migrant worker to Hopkins brain surgeon: It sounds like a movie plot, but the leading man now walks Hopkins' hallways.

Hopkins Medicine Magazine - The Alfredo Story

THEN:
23-q1a-72.jpg

NOW:
20-Alfredo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it perfectly acceptable to grant citizenship to anybody who has served their full enlistment in our military honorably.

In fact I think denying them citizenship would be a miscarriage of justice AND a tremendously dumb thing to do, too.

However, per usual, I will take this opportunity to complain about DUEL CITIZENSHIP of any adult in this nation.

For kids, who have no yet reached maturity, it's okay because they ought to have th right to choose, but for adults?

I think it's a mistake to allow people to have alligiance to two different nations regardless of what nations they are.

I think it perfectly acceptable to grant citizenship to anybody who has served their full enlistment in our military honorably.

In fact I think denying them citizenship would be a miscarriage of justice AND a tremendously dumb thing to do, too.

However, per usual, I will take this opportunity to complain about DUEL CITIZENSHIP of any adult in this nation.

For kids, who have no yet reached maturity, it's okay because they ought to have th right to choose, but for adults?

I think it's a mistake to allow people to have alligiance to two different nations regardless of what nations they are.

Don't hear much about it. Is it really a problem?

I am 100% with you on the dualies.

You want to take advantage of our opportunities just like half the world does, enter legally.

There are hordes of potential brain surgeons the world over would will do anything legal to enter the country, why should illegals skip to the head of the line?

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

The purpose of the Development, Relief and Education of Alien Minors Act, also called the DREAM Act, is to help those individuals who meet certain requirements, have an opportunity to enlist in the military or go to college and have a path to citizenship which they otherwise would not have without this legislation. Supporters of the DREAM Act believe it is vital not only to the people who would benefit from it, but also the United States as a whole. It would give an opportunity to undocumented immigrant students who have been living in the U.S. since they were young, a chance to contribute back to the country that has given so much to them and a chance to utilize their hard earned education and talents.

-----------

My favorite story about hard working immigrants is the one about the migrant worker who became a brain surgeon. He used to weld rails, now he saves American lives. Probably some of the very people who want him gone. Ironic

From illegal migrant worker to Hopkins brain surgeon: It sounds like a movie plot, but the leading man now walks Hopkins' hallways.

THEN:
23-q1a-72.jpg

NOW:
20-Alfredo.jpg

Drive to the nearest Home Depot and most of those illegals will tell you they can perform open heart surgery if you pay them enough $$$! They're experts at everything!!!

My mother is a first generation Latin American immigrant. My father had to post a bond with the State Dept and they both had to sign an acknowledgment that he had the means to support her and she would not be a burden on this country.

How's that for an immigration policy?

You want to take advantage of our opportunities just like half the world does, enter legally.

There are hordes of potential brain surgeons the world over would will do anything legal to enter the country, why should illegals skip to the head of the line?

hordes of potential brain surgeons?

Are you sure about that?

What about the ones willing to serve in the military?

Rich people get to "skip" to the head of the line. George Bush skipped over tens of thousands to get into Harvard. Thank Daddy.
John McCain graduated 5th from the bottom out of 899. Thanks to dad and grandpa. Why can't "real" talent get a break? Why only spoiled rich people?

I have an idea. Let Bush operate on your brain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you sure about that?

Are you seeking for a transplant?

Are you sure about that?

Are you seeking for a transplant?

I bet if you needed a skilled neurosurgeon, you wouldn't care that he was an "illegal" alien.

just what I came to post

This story can't possibly be true because the Libs say all Marines are baby killers.

Well? which is it?

-----------

THEN:
23-q1a-72.jpg

NOW:
20-Alfredo.jpg

Remember all those American medical students that had to be rescued from the clutches of evil Latin Americans on the island of Grenada? They were forced to receive their training there because American medical schools were filled with foreigners. There's a bit of irony for you.

Come legal or don't come at all. I'm sure these kid's own country would like to have some willing youth go into their military or become professionals in their own lands. You have to live with the cards, you're dealt with. Their parents knew that they were illegal aliens, when they brought them here. Now, the whole family has to face the consequences of the parents bad and illegal actions.

We gave them an education, took care of their medical needs, gave them welfare. What more do they want us to do for them, bake them a pie? No Dream Act, no military legalization status. They can all go back to their homelands and make their own countries a better place to live!

I suppose if they were born on the sidewalk of Donald Trumps house they'd want to move in with The Donald. Forget about it and stop your damn whining.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back