Dr. Drew says what all physicians think about Obamacare

Encourage is not mandate. Get a fucking clue yourself.

In the case of a group health plan, or health insurance coverage offered in connection with a group health plan, that treats as a beneficiary under the plan an individual who is a dependent child of a participant or beneficiary under the plan, the plan or coverage shall continue to treat the individual as a dependent child without regard to the individual's age through at least the end of the plan year in which the individual turns an age specified in the plan, but not less than 25 years of age.

Do you need some help with this?

Do you need some help understanding it's not a mandate?

Here, Bozo:

`(b) Construction- Nothing in this section shall be construed as requiring a group health plan to provide benefits for dependent children as beneficiaries under the plan or to require a participant to elect coverage of dependent children.'.

I can see you're new to this. Not all plans cover dependent children. The Republican bill, like the Democratic bill, doesn't require plans to offer dependent coverage. Rather it requires them to extend coverage through the age of 25 (or up to the age of 26, however you prefer to say it) if it offers dependent coverage. Questions?

If by mandate you mean "something an insurer has no discretion in choosing whether or not to follow" then of course it's a mandate. Plans can't drop kids for graduating from college. Or turning 24. Or anything else. They must allow families the option of keeping their kids on through the age of 25.

If you don't consider that a mandate, that's fine. But the same provision that's currently law through ACA wouldn't be a mandate either then, now would it?

Here, Bozo:

`(b) Construction- Nothing in this section shall be construed as requiring a group health plan to provide benefits for dependent children as beneficiaries under the plan or to require a participant to elect coverage of dependent children.'.

I can see you're new to this. Not all plans cover dependent children. The Republican bill, like the Democratic bill, doesn't require plans to offer dependent coverage. Rather it requires them to extend coverage through the age of 25 (or up to the age of 26, however you prefer to say it) if it offers dependent coverage. Questions?

It's not a mandate, like Obamacare is. Obamacare mandates dependent coverage.

If by mandate you mean "something an insurer has no discretion in choosing whether or not to follow" then of course it's a mandate. Plans can't drop kids for graduating from college. Or turning 24. Or anything else. They must allow families the option of keeping their kids on through the age of 25.

If you don't consider that a mandate, that's fine. But the same provision that's currently law through ACA wouldn't be a mandate either then, now would it?

No it isn't. Your plan sponsor can offer you a policy without dependent coverage, but under Obamacare, it would be against the law.

No it isn't. Your plan sponsor can offer you a policy without dependent coverage, but under Obamacare, it would be against the law.

My first inclination when someone makes such an absurdly false statement is to suggest they actually take 5 minutes to read the relevant part of the legislation. But I've discovered that reading is not for you. And frankly I don't care all that much if you know what's what because it's pretty clear you're determined not to know. Enjoy your bliss.

Who gave this one DR the right to speak for all doctors?

We seem to be losing more Doctors to political positions than anything else.

It's not perfect, but it goes in the right direction for a change. It exposes the bald faced lie that Obamacare would offer you more choices and let you keep your plan. If you're empty nesters in your 50s, you don't need a policy that covers dependent children. Your plan sponsor is not obligated to offer that.

The faster the government-knows-best-about-your-health-insurance mentality is reversed, the better.

He, and many others, are going to quit rather than throw twelve years of their lives away and work for whatever govermnent will make them work for.

Notice the exodus of doctors taking Medicare and Medicaid patients?

Well, this will put that pedal to the metal.

My first inclination when someone makes such an absurdly false statement is to suggest they actually take 5 minutes to read the relevant part of the legislation. But I've discovered that reading is not for you. And frankly I don't care all that much if you know what's what because it's pretty clear you're determined not to know. Enjoy your bliss.

Your first inclination is always that government knows best.

It's your defect.

The immediate benefit from repeal is that people like Sebellius and Greenbeard would have to work for Hugo Chavez instead of fucking up lives and threatening legal businesses in the US.

Retard. Again, he wasn't speaking for all doctors. He gave his own personal opinion.

Forum List

Back