"Uninsured" What uninsured??

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by The Rabbi, Nov 12, 2010.

1. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    From the WSJ
    more at the source. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703805004575606891744060162.html

So the "problem" was people with pre-existing conditions that insurance companies wouldn't insure. The Obama solution: Another government program. Looks like this one flopped. The Obama solution: More government program.
    To increase enrollment they cut prices even more, throwing more subsidy on the taxpayer.
    When I wrote in another thread that bureaucrats get power from increasing the number of people "served" some people doubted me. This business should leave little doubt. Instead of drawing hte conclusion that the program is a bad solution to a non-existent problem they simply changed the definitions so they could "serve" more people.
    This is where Obamacare is going. It always was. Kill it now!

2. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    But...but...but it's for the children!!! Why do you hate children?!! /Statist mode

3. Danaelle

Danaelle Thread Killer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I actually think that government sponsored health care is a good thing, and that Obama's plan didnt go far enough. I dont like gevernment being involved in everything in my life either, but I think that health caqre IS one of the things they should concern themselves with. Where I get aggravated is when the government tells me that I have to do certain things like say...wearing a frickin seatbelt.

Those are the places government needs to be brought down a peg or two. Why dont the tea party people seem to have problems with those kinds of things?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  4. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    If government is involved in your health care, they ARE involved in EVERYTHING in your life.

5. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    Indiana already had a model insurance pool for people with pre-existing medical conditions, regardless of their condition. Probably what happened in the Indiana case was that the reported 63 were either directed to go to the state health plan, or they were the 63 that went there since passage of the OBAMACARE Act, meaning no change whatsoever in IN.

6. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    Have any of you read the repeal-and-replace legislation? High-risk pools are one of the pillars of the alternative the GOP is offering. In fact, high-risk pools and extending dependent coverage through the age of 25 are the only approaches to addressing coverage that they take. If you're not liking the early provisions of the ACA that have gone into effect this year, the odds aren't good that you're going to like the legislation being proposed to replace it.

7. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    High risk pools have been around at the state level for a long time.

Guaranteeing you can buy the health insurance you want for the price you want to pay is fraud.

8. Common Sense

Common Sense BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    they arent guaranteeing a specific price, they are guaranteeing you access to coverage instead of an automatic denial. you cant simply walk in and say i want coverage and only want to pay $10 / month for it, it doesnt work like that.

9. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    I have no problem with state run HIRSP programs, if your state wants to have one.

Nobody can keep the kinds of promises Greenbeard comes in here and lies about on daily basis.

His gripe about Republican plans is they are not collectivist solutions to individual problems. Guilty as charged, since those are false utopias.

10. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,458
    [​IMG]