Dr. Carson on Washington Journal for MLK Day

williepete

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
I just finished watching Dr. Ben Carson on CSPAN's Washington Journal. One thing he said today was proper to be mentioned on Dr. Martin Luther King Day.

He said he was asked by an NPR reporter during an interview why he didn't talk about race more. He said his reply confused the reporter. He said it was because he's a neurosurgeon. That when he cut into someone's brain, he was working on what made them who they are. The color of your skin doesn't make you who you are. Your brain does.

He fielded many calls during his time on the show. Several people voiced their support for him to run in 2016. Many other callers berated him for his stance on self improvement and accountability. I was impressed by his thoughtful demeanor and measured responses.

Link for his segment:

Dr. Ben Carson, professor emeritus at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, talked about the state of U.S. race relations, Martin Luther King, Jr.'s legacy, and the 50th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act.
Washington Journal Dr Ben Carson US Race Video C-SPAN.org

I remember someone saying something about wanting his kids to be judged on merit and not by the color of their skin. I wish I could remember who that was...

I remember someone saying something about wanting his kids to be judged on merit and not by the color of their skin. I wish I could remember who that was...
Do you have any idea how hypocritical your statement is? The statement made by King that your paraphrase is exactly the type of thing for which he is respected and honored and it is exactly what we want, for American blacks to be judged by who they are, not their race. But racists don't do that. You make sweeping generalizations about ALL black people, including those in other parts of the world, you blame ALL black people for what even one black person does, you claim blacks in general are less intelligent and less ethical than white people, that they are lazy and all want to be on welfare, that they have gotten jobs or into college because of affirmative action instead of their own merit, and on and on. And you sit there and roll your eyes and act like you racists don't do that. Please!

Last edited:
Do you have any idea how hypocritical your statement is? The statement made by King that your paraphrase is exactly why he is respected and honored and it is exactly what we want, for American blacks to be judged by who they are, not their race. But racists don't do that. You make sweeping generalizations about ALL black people, including those in other parts of the world, you blame ALL black people for what even one black person does, you claim blacks in general are less intelligent and less ethical than white people, that they are lazy and all want to be on welfare, that they have gotten jobs or into college because of affirmative action instead of their own merit, and on and on. And you sit there and roll your eyes and act like you racists don't do that. Please!

Yes King said it, to bad many blacks don't adhere to it.

Just recently Al Sharpton was whining about the fact that no black people were nominated for the Oscars.

The "race card" is played so much that it's losing it's value.

Do you have any idea how hypocritical your statement is? The statement made by King that your paraphrase is exactly why he is respected and honored and it is exactly what we want, for American blacks to be judged by who they are, not their race. But racists don't do that. You make sweeping generalizations about ALL black people, including those in other parts of the world, you blame ALL black people for what even one black person does, you claim blacks in general are less intelligent and less ethical than white people, that they are lazy and all want to be on welfare, that they have gotten jobs or into college because of affirmative action instead of their own merit, and on and on. And you sit there and roll your eyes and act like you racists don't do that. Please!

Just recently Al Sharpton was whining about the fact that no black people were nominated for the Oscars.

Again, you are making racist, sweeping generalizations about blacks. You don't even realize what a racist you are.

Again, you are making racist, sweeping generalizations about blacks. You don't even realize what a racist you are.

No I'm not. I'm being totally honest.

How can you ignore history?

Was the Ferguson case and subsequent riots about race?

Was racism applied in the Trayvon Martin case? Or the Eric Garner case?

Seems that every time something doesn't go the way blacks want it to go they blame racism.

The "dream" speech MLK Jr. gave fell on deaf ears in a lot of cases.

I believe he's a bit beyond the race mongering mantra. I saw him on a health show discussing the brain and foods, totally non political. The man knows his shit.

Forum List

Back