Down-played by the Media? 'Organized Religion' Taergeted in Oregon Shooting...

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
'The Shooter' singled out Christians for execution at UCC. He walked into the campus classroom, demanded his victims identify their religion, shot those who refused to answer in the legs / body, and shot those who admitted to being Christians in the head.
(** I refuse this insane, evil person's name because documents found said that he wanted to be famous and that while no one knew him after this everyone in the world would know him. So, I refuse to give him the satisfaction ,even after death. He is now to me just another nameless, faceless 'nut-job' that killed a bunch of innocent people.)

As the story develops and we learn more about 'The Shooter', it SEEMS a little like SOME of the media outlets are manipulating the story, either by accident or design. I have ready several such stories where the media is reporting that he 'hated religion on-line' and had a problem with (any) 'organized religion'.

This stems from an on-line profile of 'The Shooter' in which he lists 'organized religion' as one of his 'dislikes'.

Maybe I am reading too much into this...so far...but I, as most Americans do, recognize that there has been a 'War On Christians / Christianity' going on for a while and is escalating. This is especially evident now after this nut-job specifically targeted Christians for execution! This may be down-played by the media but will not be lost on Americans.

'The Shooter' singled out Christians for execution at UCC. He walked into the campus classroom, demanded his victims identify their religion, shot those who refused to answer in the legs / body, and shot those who admitted to being Christians in the head.
(** I refuse this insane, evil person's name because documents found said that he wanted to be famous and that while no one knew him after this everyone in the world would know him. So, I refuse to give him the satisfaction ,even after death. He is now to me just another nameless, faceless 'nut-job' that killed a bunch of innocent people.)

As the story develops and we learn more about 'The Shooter', it SEEMS a little like SOME of the media outlets are manipulating the story, either by accident or design. I have ready several such stories where the media is reporting that he 'hated religion on-line' and had a problem with (any) 'organized religion'.

This stems from an on-line profile of 'The Shooter' in which he lists 'organized religion' as one of his 'dislikes'.

Maybe I am reading too much into this...so far...but I, as most Americans do, recognize that there has been a 'War On Christians / Christianity' going on for a while and is escalating. This is especially evident now after this nut-job specifically targeted Christians for execution! This may be down-played by the media but will not be lost on Americans.
How is it you know this is what happened? Hearsay?

Everything is hearsay in the media. Just wait until they start interviewing victims like the girl shot in the spine. She was there. She said he targeted Christians.

It's already been reported that he specifically targeted Christians one at a time. Which part is hard for you to understand?

Everything is hearsay in the media. Just wait until they start interviewing victims like the girl shot in the spine. She was there. She said he targeted Christians.
What are her words?

They already have 1st-hand accounts from 'The Shooter's' victims'.

"A gunman singled out Christians, telling them they would see God in “one second,” during a rampage at an Oregon college Thursday that left at least nine innocent people dead and several more wounded, survivors and authorities said. “[He started] asking people one by one what their religion was. ‘Are you a Christian?’ he would ask them, and if you’re a Christian, stand up. And they would stand up and he said, ‘Good, because you’re a Christian, you are going to see God in just about one second.’ And then he shot and killed them,” Stacy Boylen, whose daughter was wounded at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore., told CNN."

------

"One student said the shooting began when a bullet flew through a classroom window, hitting her teacher in the head. Kortney Moore, 18, told the Roseburg News-Review that the shooter then burst into the room and ordered students to get on the ground, before asking people to stand up and state their religion. He then began firing. Moore said she was lying on the ground with people who had been shot."

-----

Last edited:

Yeah, it's been so downplayed that every single media outlet in the country reported about it :rolleyes:

It's already been reported that he specifically targeted Christians one at a time. Which part is hard for you to understand?
The part that makes this a hate crime against Christians.

Yeah, it's been so downplayed that every single media outlet in the country reported about it :rolleyes:
CNN is downplaying it saying they don't know if he targeted Christians.

The part that makes this a hate crime against Christians.
Obviously it was.

More likely they're just not trumping it up as the most important thing about this tragedy like you want them to.

What are her words?
He targeted Christians.

"
Kortney Moore, 18, said she saw the teacher of her Writing 115 class get shot in the head at the college’s Snyder Hall before the gunman started asking people to state their religion and opening fire, the city’s News-Review newspaper reported."

More likely they're just not trumping it up as the most important thing about this tragedy like you want them to.
If he'd targeted Muslims we'd sure hear about it.

Apparently, he shot both christians and non-christians.

Non-christians were shot in the leg, christians in the head.

And no, it has not been "downplayed" in the media. Its ridiculous to say so.

They heard it, it sounded good to them and they ran with it.

"
Kortney Moore, 18, said she saw the teacher of her Writing 115 class get shot in the head at the college’s Snyder Hall before the gunman started asking people to state their religion and opening fire, the city’s News-Review newspaper reported."

Nice speculation. I can speculate too; if it had been muslims that were murdered you righties would be celebrating.

I wonder if the people who were shot multiple times....what was their religion. Sorry, my bad, I'm falling into pretending this is real.

My bad

"

Nice speculation. I can speculate too; if it had been muslims that were murdered you righties would be celebrating.
I don't support killing anyone except maybe ted bundy.

Forum List

Back