Dow reaches 52 week high

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks rallied Monday, with the Dow industrials surging to a 52-week high, after the Group of 20 said over the weekend that it would keep economic stimulus in place.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) soared 151 points, or 1.5%, hitting its highest intraday level in more than a year. About 2 hours into the session, 28 of the 30 blue-chip index's components were higher.

The S&P 500 (SPX) gained 17 points, or 1.6%, and the Nasdaq composite (COMP) rose 30 points, or 1.4%.

Finance ministers of the G-20 met over the weekend and pledged to continue government aid. The dollar fell sharply against the euro and British pound, while commodities and commodity-linked stocks rose.

"Stocks and commodities are happy that G-20 will maintain stimulus," said Art Hogan, chief market strategist at Jefferies & Co. "Across the board, it's definitive that commodities are showing signs of strength."

CNNMoney.com Market Report - Nov. 9, 2009

SHHhhhhhhhhh !

No economic good news allowed on this message board.

The economy is going to fail under Obama and we will accept no news to the contrary. You are allowed to post unemployment numbers but Dow Jones numbers are strictly prohibited. watch the following posts and see for yourself

I think I read somewhere that there is $3 trillion dollars parked in Treasuries.

So the market could go a lot farther.

So the Wall St. fat cats that the left loathes are getting rich again while the working class contends with 10.2 % unemployment.

Thanks for the update Chris.

Yay. The rich get richer. And if the rich fails, let's bail them out for good times. Forget unemployment, we saved jobs!

I have Regained ALL of my Losses in my Funds...

Bought ALL Kinds of Cheap while it was Down.

Then again I'm 38 so my Window is MUCH Wider than some who Lost a LOT More and don't have the Time to get it back.

:)

peace...

So the Wall St. fat cats that the left loathes are getting rich again while the working class contends with 10.2 % unemployment.

How many retired Americans have their money invested in stocks, 401Ks, retirement funds?

A booming market helps all Americans

How many retired Americans have their money invested in stocks, 401Ks, retirement funds?

All Americans except the the Republican Party!

I have Regained ALL of my Losses in my Funds...

Bought ALL Kinds of Cheap while it was Down.

Then again I'm 38 so my Window is MUCH Wider than some who Lost a LOT More and don't have the Time to get it back.

:)

peace...

And I am 66 now. Pulled out of the market about 14 months ago. But that did nothing at all for the real estate I own. None under water, but worth far less than they were two years ago. Hoped to retire this month. Not possible right now.

Remember how close we came to another recession? Imagine if we didn't do something and change.

Change I can and did believe in.

Woohoo, go Obama.

Remember how close we came to another recession? Imagine if we didn't do something and change.

Woohoo, go Obama.

So when the stock market shits the bed, as it inevitably will, will you blame Obama? :lol:

Woohoo, go Obama.

So when the stock market shits the bed, as it inevitably will, will you blame Obama? :lol:

Insider trading much? Do tell, spill. YOu KNOW something we dont? :lol:

Woohoo, go Obama.

Insider trading much? Do tell, spill. YOu KNOW something we dont? :lol:
The stock market is volatile, it goes up, it goes down. When the market goes up you credit Obama, fair enough. So, when it goes down will you blame him?

The stock market is volatile, it goes up, it goes down. When the market goes up you credit Obama, fair enough. So, when it goes down will you blame him?

I have been investing for a living for nearly 20 years and I don't put much emphasis on politics as it relates to investing. Politics plays a role but it is usually smaller than political people believe.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back