DoubleCrossed! and I Love It.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Specter Will Be Junior Democrat on Committees

Despite promises from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) that Sen. Arlen Specter (Pa.) would retain his seniority after switching parties, Specter will be put at the end of the seniority line on all his committees but one under a resolution approved on the floor late Tuesday.

Under the modified organizing resolution, Specter will not keep his committee seniority on any of the five committees that he serves on and will be the junior Democrat on all but one — the chamber’s Special Committee on Aging. On that committee, he will be next to last in seniority.

As a result, Specter — who as a Republican was ranking member on the Judiciary Committee and a senior member of the Appropriations Committee, as well as ranking member of the panel’s Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education — will now rank behind all the other Democrats, at least until the end of this Congress.

Specter Will Be Junior Democrat on Committees - Roll Call

He gets to keep the special committee on aging!

Never Eveah Twust a Democrat! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
The Senate dealt a blow tonight to Sen. Arlen Specter's hold on seniority in several key committees, a week after the Pennsylvanian's party switch placed Democrats on the precipice of a 60-seat majority.

In a unanimous voice vote, the Senate approved a resolution that added Specter to the Democratic side of the dais on the five committees on which he serves, an expected move that gives Democrats larger margins on key panels such as Judiciary and Appropriations.

Senate Democrats Deny Specter Committee Seniority - Capitol Briefing

The Senate dealt a blow tonight to Sen. Arlen Specter's hold on seniority in several key committees, a week after the Pennsylvanian's party switch placed Democrats on the precipice of a 60-seat majority.

In a unanimous voice vote, the Senate approved a resolution that added Specter to the Democratic side of the dais on the five committees on which he serves, an expected move that gives Democrats larger margins on key panels such as Judiciary and Appropriations.

Senate Democrats Deny Specter Committee Seniority - Capitol Briefing

Wow. I wonder if he's going to be pissed off about that. He told someone in an interview that he was keeping his seniority. He got himself into some difficult exchanges with David Gregory on MTP, he should have never done that interview. I'm not so sure he is going to win the election even.

I even wanted to smack him one after some of his responses. I think Democrats are doing him the favor and he keeps talking about not being loyal to them.

What the hell did he expect... That's what happens when you make deals with Democrats.....Dumbass.

Newsmax.com - Specter Humiliated: Democrats Strip GOP Defector of Rank

Democrats welcomed him with open arms. He needs to shut up and go to work.

Puh-lease. Doing him a favor? He's too far right for the Democrats. They don't want him. They want his vote in the Senate. Nothing more. As is obvious. Sit in the corner, shut up, and vote how we tell you.

What the hell did he expect... That's what happens when you make deals with Democrats.....Dumbass.

Puh-lease. Doing him a favor? He's too far right for the Democrats. They don't want him. They want his vote in the Senate. Nothing more. As is obvious. Sit in the corner, shut up, and vote how we tell you.

Well, that's a conundrum. I'm sure he's feeling betrayed, so he may now vote against the dems. But if he does that, he may not get his seniority back next term. But without seniority, he may not get re-elected. :eek:

It would be hard for me to believe that the Dems would promise him senior positions and then reneg. That would be completely shooting themselves in the foot as far as other potential cross-overs.

At first it was quite a surprise and a pleasant one to get a possible 60th vote on some issues. Democrats always knew he wasn't a complete yes man.

Now he is turning into a liability with all of these tough guy responses. He painted himself into a corner with the "he's not loyal" and Norm Coleman comments anyway. Why should they let a not so loyal guy have seniority over Democrats who have been working hard and have been loyal all along?

I can't wait to go home and see what cable news is saying about it.

It would be hard for me to believe that the Dems would promise him senior positions and then reneg. That would be completely shooting themselves in the foot as far as other potential cross-overs.

good old harry reid....classic nevada politician.....

Well, that's a conundrum. I'm sure he's feeling betrayed, so he may now vote against the dems. But if he does that, he may not get his seniority back next term. But without seniority, he may not get re-elected. :eek:

The Brits kept their bargain with Bendict Arnold, but he was treated as a pariah. Nobody likes traitors. Even the side that accepts them. They are used for what they are worth but there is never any trust.

At first it was quite a surprise and a pleasant one to get a possible 60th vote on some issues. Democrats always knew he wasn't a complete yes man.

Now he is turning into a liability with all of these tough guy responses. He painted himself into a corner with the "he's not loyal" and Norm Coleman comments anyway. Why should they let a not so loyal guy have seniority over Democrats who have been working hard and have been loyal all along?

What tough guy responses? You mean not checking with that fucktard Reid before he opens his mouth? I wouldn't. Then again, I consider people that support the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Kennedy, Kerry and Murtha to be blind partisan hacks, stupid or both.

What you're saying is Specter won't blindly follow along with what the party says like the rest of the Democrat sheeple.

Spectre is a has-been. The guy is nearing his 80th year.

His capitulation on that non-stimulus bill was the final straw.

You know, the stimulus bill that was about as stimulating as this lil gal...

2hcow38.jpg

What tough guy responses? You mean not checking with that fucktard Reid before he opens his mouth? I wouldn't. Then again, I consider people that support the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Kennedy, Kerry and Murtha to be blind partisan hacks, stupid or both.

What you're saying is Specter won't blindly follow along with what the party says like the rest of the Democrat sheeple.

I feel the same way about people who support Republican policy even if they claim they are Indes.

And for the record, Reid was being pressured not to give the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee to Joe Lieberman after he threw his support to McCain during the campaign.

Reid said it's a new era, let bygones be bygones. No apology from Joe at all. Reid was more than fair and Joe is certainly not a Democratic yes vote.

Your assessment is faulty. The Democrats are the big tent and the Rs are uh, kind of small (minded).

I feel the same way about people who support Republican policy even if they claim they are Indes.

I don't think it's supporting republican policy, it's more the ideology of being more liberal or being more conservative. I'm one of those "Indies."

Forum List

Back