Doris Day RIP

She had a lot of ups and downs in her life. 4 marriages, 3 divorces and 1 funeral. Flat broke when someone she trusted took her to the cleaners.

I wonder what her life was like at the end.

:(

RIP Doris. My favorite of her movies are "The Man Who Knew Too Much" and "Pillow Talk". She was faboo.
My favorites are calamity Jane, and midnight lace.

It was her son who rented his house out to Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate when he went on a trip to Europe and Charles Manson came looking and we know what happened there.

A woman who seem to have a constant sunny disposition had a pretty tragic life.

One of the most beautiful voices ever singing one of the most beautiful love songs ever written. Academy award nominated Doris Day singing academy award winning song secret love.

((( Bless you forever Doris ))) Bless you. ... thank you for your songs, your funny comedies, your life......but above all, thank you for your love and kindness towards all animals.!!!!:huddle:

You will be forever remembered. Rest In Peace very close to GOD Doris Day.

4Z0JQJ3.jpg

Great singer and good actress. She portrayed the decent woman in an era when women were used to being exploited in H'wood. Maybe that's why she outlived Marlyn Monroe by about fifty years.

My tribute for DD is just starting.....

from the film "Pillow Talk" (1959)

Move Over, Darling -

along with the song above this song rules my world..... when it comes to DD late 50s early 60's songs:2up:

with Clark Gable here ...Doris and Clark

TEACHER'S PET (1958)

As this song proves, Doris Day was a GREAT pop singer. Right up there with Ella Fitzgerald and Peggy Lee. Not every song was from a movie or a broadway play. Some were pop and jazz songs. This song was a huge hit.

She has such an easy going sense of swing. You can't learn that. It's natural.

The base. The drums. The bump pa da bump of the background voices. Pure 50's.

my favs from her are from the late 50s early 60s movies ...like this one :5_1_12024:

1959 - DORIS DAY - Pillow Talk (Open)

Forum List

Back