Don't Wash The Puppies

Puppy mills are all over this country. Females are bred from their first season till they can't produce any more. No vet care, crappy food, no teeth. One horrible life for a female dog in a puppy mill.

Puppies are certainly not worth the thousands pet stores charge for them.

Sub quality dogs that the AKC makes millions off of because these sub par dogs are all registered with the AKC.

The mills are FDA approved. How bout that.

Don't confuse puppy mills with legitimate breeders. Breeders don't sell their puppies or kittens in stores. They sell them at their own kennels. Reputable breeders have a waiting list. They have high reputations to maintain.

Don't confuse puppy mills with legitimate breeders. Breeders don't sell their puppies or kittens in stores. They sell them at their own kennels. Reputable breeders have a waiting list. They have high reputations to maintain.

Yup and most of them will take back puppies or grown dogs and try to place them.

Reputable breeders are nothing like a puppy mill.

Yup and most of them will take back puppies or grown dogs and try to place them.

Reputable breeders are nothing like a puppy mill.

Dams are not bred every season either. They have two or three litters and then spayed and adopted out as retired.

I got my pedigree cat from a breeder. The cats, including breeding pairs were all house cats. All litters were born at home. They were very picky about who they sold kittens to. I had to sit on the floor in the kitchen and wait to see which kitten chose me.

Inner city Chicago kids are killing each other in record numbers and authorities are worried about pet shops selling puppies. Go figure

I got my pedigree cat from a breeder. The cats, including breeding pairs were all house cats. All litters were born at home. They were very picky about who they sold kittens to. I had to sit on the floor in the kitchen and wait to see which kitten chose me.

I've gotten all of my dogs from either the pound or from private breeders.

My latest, a six month old GS puppy I got at the flea market here in Town.

Oh and I asked them if they were in any way associated with Puppy mill. A resounding hell no. Every puppy they have came from a private breeder. My puppy, Jack, was born in SC and I saw pictures of both his dam and sire. Great looking, well cared for dogs.

He's double registered. The National Kennel Club is one and I can't recall the other. They don't AKC register any of their dogs.

One of the girls who worked there told me if they were in any way associated with Puppy mills she would be working there.

Jack's a great puppy but one big pain the ASS.

Inner city Chicago kids are killing each other in record numbers and authorities are worried about pet shops selling puppies. Go figure

What do you expect them to do??

Those gangbangers have guns. Chicago has toughest gun laws in the country yet the gangbangers have guns.

Regular Chicago citizens can't get a gun but those pukes can.

I feel for those caught in the cross fire but the only way to get rid of the violence is to get rid of those causing the violence and that will never happen unless they can kill them all.

I got one dog from my client whose dog had puppies. When she passed I got Henry from rescue.

When I adopted Henry he was already 15 years old. We had a year and a half together when he had a massive stroke and passed.

Forum List

Back