Dont read too much into one month's job's report.

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Obama administration repeats same jobs line

June 2012: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is informative to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available." (LINK: The Employment Situation in June | The White House)

May 2012: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is helpful to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available." (LINK: The Employment Situation in May | The White House)

April 2012: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is helpful to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available." (LINK: The Employment Situation in April | The White House)

March 2012: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, and it is helpful to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available." (LINK: The Employment Situation in March | The White House)

February 2012: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report; nevertheless, the trend in job market indicators over recent months is an encouraging sign." (LINK: The Employment Situation in February | The White House)

January 2012: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report; nevertheless, the trend in job market indicators over recent months is an encouraging sign." (LINK: The Employment Situation in January | The White House)

December 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: The Employment Situation in December | The White House)

November 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: The Employment Situation in November | The White House)

October 2011: "The monthly employment and unemployment numbers are volatile and employment estimates are subject to substantial revision. There is no better example than August's jobs figure, which was initially reported at zero and in the latest revision increased to 104,000. This illustrates why the Administration always stresses it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: The Employment Situation in October | The White House)

September 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/10/07/employment-situation-septembe

Hahaha funny shit

President Out to Lunch
President Head in the Sand
President In Over His Head
President Do as I Say Not as I Do
President I Have No Ideas So I Repeat the Same Shit Hoping Someone Will Buy It.

28 consecutive months of private sector job growth.

Got that right. It's hilarious to see the desperation coming from the right wing trash trying to deflect from it.

bikini-graph-July-2012-private-sector-only.jpg

True.you just can't trust reports.
Just like the Stimulus report.
Anywhere from 1 job to 100 million jobs saved...
Or something along those lines.
No one is really sure...so for me that reports suks albino donkey dong....

Got that right. It's hilarious to see the desperation coming from the right wing trash trying to deflect from it.

Looks to me like you cant read a simple chart. It clearly shows job growth going up and get this....DOWN.

Job growth going up means it's actually going down? Might want to lay off the moonshine.

Population requirements need about 200k just to keep up. One month we create 180k, the next month we create 80k. Is 80k up from 180k? Technically with the population growth needs not even coming close to being met we are steadily going into the hole. Simple math as someone told me earlier...

Last edited:

Looks to me like you cant read a simple chart. It clearly shows job growth going up and get this....DOWN.

Job growth going up means it's actually going down? :cuckoo: Might want to lay off the moonshine.

Net number of jobs: up

Rate of increase of jobs: down

%-age of potential workforce employed: down

Job growth going up means it's actually going down? :cuckoo: Might want to lay off the moonshine.

Right on cue as I stated above: "It's hilarious to see the desperation coming from the right wing trash trying to deflect from it." :up:

Right on cue as I stated above: "It's hilarious to see the desperation coming from the right wing trash trying to deflect from it." :up:

Deflect this..........

We need nearly a quarter million jobs created a month just to keep pace with population growth. Add to that the unemployed and underemployed then subtract the measly 120k average we're creating and tell me how we end up as a nation.

That's a strange response to factual interpretation of the data. If I had wanted to be more direct about your inadequacies instead of trying to post clearly and without prejudice, I could have laughed at your inability to interpret Grampa's comment. What he said was reasonable. For a while job growth increased. Then the growth started to decrease again. That's the kind of thing one can read from graphs which span many months. :thup:

Overall, is this acceptable job growth to you?

Hell no. As Avorysuds pointed out earlier with the population growing rapidly and job growth stagnant I also dont see how the UE numbers are not skyrocketing.

I'm really, really, really interested

in hearing exactly what you think that means

28 consecutive months of private sector job growth.

when you consider the following......

EACH AND EVERY MONTH for each and every year, you will ALWAYS see a "jobs growth" number because the private sector is a very fluid machine.

People are hired. People are fired. People are laid off.

Population growth sees new people coming into the market. People retire. People die.

Your "job growth" of 80k jobs this month becomes a serious negative when you consider there are always between 150-200k people looking for those jobs.

But I'm sure you know that and simply have nothing else that's truly positive to say about our shitty Obameconomy.

Or maybe you didn't know that and just suck the Koolaid - hmmmm?

Forum List

Back