Jon Huntsman, Linda McMahon

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Jon Huntsman, Linda McMahon among Republicans planning to skip GOP convention

Jon Huntsman, Linda McMahon among Republicans planning to skip GOP convention | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Former presidential candidate Jon Huntsman announced Friday that he plans to stay home in protest.

"I will not be attending this year's convention, nor any Republican convention in the future, until the party focuses on a bigger, bolder, more confident future for the United States—a future based on problem solving, inclusiveness, and a willingness to address the trust deficit, which is every bit as corrosive as our fiscal and economic deficits," Huntsman said, according to The Salt Lake Tribune. Huntsman had released his delegates to Mitt Romney and is no longer actively seeking office. But active candidates are making the same decision.

The campaign for Connecticut Senate candidate Linda McMahon confirmed Thursday that if the former World Wrestling Entertainment executive wins the Republican Senate nomination Aug. 14, she won't be helping to formally nominate Mitt Romney. "Our focus is going to be on campaigning in Connecticut," McMahon campaign spokeswoman Kate Duffy first told The Connecticut Mirror.

McMahon, who unsuccessfully ran for Senate in 2010, is likely to face criticism similar to that being lobbed at Democrats—that she is skipping the convention to distance herself from her party. McMahon's campaign didn't immediately respond to Yahoo News' request for comment Friday.

I like Huntsman, of course; he was my pick.

Jon Huntsman, Linda McMahon among Republicans planning to skip GOP convention | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Former presidential candidate Jon Huntsman announced Friday that he plans to stay home in protest.

"I will not be attending this year's convention, nor any Republican convention in the future, until the party focuses on a bigger, bolder, more confident future for the United States—a future based on problem solving, inclusiveness, and a willingness to address the trust deficit, which is every bit as corrosive as our fiscal and economic deficits," Huntsman said, according to The Salt Lake Tribune. Huntsman had released his delegates to Mitt Romney and is no longer actively seeking office. But active candidates are making the same decision.

The campaign for Connecticut Senate candidate Linda McMahon confirmed Thursday that if the former World Wrestling Entertainment executive wins the Republican Senate nomination Aug. 14, she won't be helping to formally nominate Mitt Romney. "Our focus is going to be on campaigning in Connecticut," McMahon campaign spokeswoman Kate Duffy first told The Connecticut Mirror.

McMahon, who unsuccessfully ran for Senate in 2010, is likely to face criticism similar to that being lobbed at Democrats—that she is skipping the convention to distance herself from her party. McMahon's campaign didn't immediately respond to Yahoo News' request for comment Friday.

And of course if he were the nominee he wouldn't be your pick.

If that was the kind of candidate Republicans would nominate this would be a very different world.

• Banned

Would it matter? Wouldn't you RATHER have somebody like Huntsman in the race right now, than Mittens?

The fact is, Obama could lose. I'd be much happier seeing him lose to someone like Huntsman than Romney.

The GOP are so stupid that if they actually nominated a "real" Reagan conservative like Huntsman, it would have been game over for Obama a long time ago.

Luckily the GOP is low on braincells and nominated an idiot like Willard :up:

Some people have a "My way or the highway" attitude. Voters know this for some reason, which is probably why someone who would do such a thing acts out their animosities by cutting contact with former friends. It isn't a good move. If I donated to the campaign of someone who lost then acted like a loser on the national stage, I'd be sorry I wasted my money on the belief I had in them. Jon Huntsman just sealed it, though. I'll remember this the next time he runs for a national office.

If that was the kind of candidate Republicans would nominate this would be a very different world.

No it wouldnt. He is Obama lite.

Would it matter? Wouldn't you RATHER have somebody like Huntsman in the race right now, than Mittens?

The fact is, Obama could lose. I'd be much happier seeing him lose to someone like Huntsman than Romney.

Of course you would, he's more like Obama than Romney..... oops

By the way I never cared for politicians that throw tantrums because they lose. At least the dems that are avoiding the DNC convention are doing it for self preservation reasons. Huntsman is just being a poor sport. Fuckem

Id rather have someone besides any of the Rs that were trotted out this time. I don't care for Huntsman either.

That's two R that found fault with Huntsman. Why? What is wrong with this statement.

"I will not be attending this year's convention, nor any Republican convention in the future, until the party focuses on a bigger, bolder, more confident future for the United States—a future based on problem solving, inclusiveness, and a willingness to address the trust deficit, which is every bit as corrosive as our fiscal and economic deficits,"

By the way I never cared for politicians that throw tantrums because they lose. At least the dems that are avoiding the DNC convention are doing it for self preservation reasons. Huntsman is just being a poor sport. Fuckem

Boner, Willard, McConnel, and virtually the entire GOP are throwing the biggest tantrum in history after getting their asses handed to them with the ACA ruling.

Does that mean you will man up to your word, and say "Fuckem" to each and every one of these GOP cry-babies? :eusa_think:

The GOP are so stupid that if they actually nominated a "real" Reagan conservative like Huntsman, it would have been game over for Obama a long time ago.

Luckily the GOP is low on braincells and nominated an idiot like Willard :up:
Obama's campaign jump-started with "Wah, Bush left me a bad deal" bs, which is a likely good enough reason for other voters who realize that after 4 years, Obama just couldn't deal with that "bad deal" he alleges against someone else.

Presidents who can't clean up a problem in 2 years, well, they can't clean it up in 8 years, either.

That's just an unspoken fact of the blame game. The American voters are more sophisticated than falling for that "Wah, mommie, it's all his fault" line.

It's not Republicans you should worry about, Black Label. You should worry about people in your party who aren't going to take the blame-game hype anymore.

To what office are either of those losers elected?

So far, not attending the DNC:

Rep. Bill Owens, NY.
Rep. Kathy Hochul, NY.
Rep. Nick Rahall, WV.
Rep. Mark Critz, PA.
Rep. Jim Matheson, UT.
Sen. Joe Manchin, WV.
Sen. Jon Tester, MT.
Sen. Claire McCaskill, MO.
Sec o' State Hillary Clinton.

Y'all keep on whistling past the graveyard...:lol:

Poll: Election winner won't impact economy much  | ajc.com

Despite the dominance of economic issues in the presidential race, Americans are evenly split over whether the man living in the White House in 2013 will bring significant change to the overall economy.

A majority of those surveyed — 55 percent — say the winner will have from "just some impact" to "no impact" on the nation's huge budget deficits.

Those with little confidence that the winner can fix things are also more pessimistic overall — just 32 percent of them think the economy will improve in the coming year. In contrast, among those who expect a substantial impact from the winner, almost half think the economy will get better.

Republicans are more likely than Democrats to predict that the winner's imprint will be felt: 58 percent say the election's outcome will affect the economy overall. Yet fewer than half of Republicans foresee much impact on joblessness.

I don't think Romney has the magic answer. In fact, I've yet to find anybody who thinks the answers he's given will help, rather than hurt, America.

That's two R that found fault with Huntsman. Why? What is wrong with this statement.

"I will not be attending this year's convention, nor any Republican convention in the future, until the party focuses on a bigger, bolder, more confident future for the United States—a future based on problem solving, inclusiveness, and a willingness to address the trust deficit, which is every bit as corrosive as our fiscal and economic deficits,"

Nothing is wrong with that statement. Its the motive behind the statement that is suspect.

Nothing is wrong with that statement. Its the motive behind the statement that is suspect.

And what if it's not. What if he just means what he says and says what he means. What if he's actually an honest man? Or can that not be, since he's a politician.

To what office are either of those losers elected?

So far, not attending the DNC:

Rep. Bill Owens, NY.
Rep. Kathy Hochul, NY.
Rep. Nick Rahall, WV.
Rep. Mark Critz, PA.
Rep. Jim Matheson, UT.
Sen. Joe Manchin, WV.
Sen. Jon Tester, MT.
Sen. Claire McCaskill, MO.
Sec o' State Hillary Clinton.

Y'all keep on whistling past the graveyard...:lol:

WOW, Hillary isnt going? Thats news to me. What was her reason?

Forum List

Back