Don't mess with Paul Ryan

Soaring

May 30, 2009
- Called it exactly correct.

Don’t Mess With Paul Ryan - BrianFaughnan’s blog - RedState

Don’t Mess With Paul Ryan
Can He Represent Republicans in All Economic Debates?
Posted by Brian Faughnan (Profile)

Thursday, July 30th at 12:14PM EDT

Congressman Paul Ryan is the ranking Republican on the House Budget Committee, and this clip of him schooling Katrina vanden Heuvel - one that’s been going around the blogosphere lately - is well worth watching. Ryan lays out the problems with the Democrat approach, and demonstrates vanden Heuvel’s misunderstanding of the issues superbly:
But the real surprise is not that Ryan did so well, it’s that vanden Heuvel didn’t come better prepared. Ryan has been consistently taking apart his liberal opponents for a while now. When I saw this debate, my first thought was of how he disarmed Arianna Huffington a few weeks ago in a debate over PayGo:

Ryan masterfully took apart Peter Orszag during the debate over the president’s budget, and the false ’savings’ Obama has claimed:
And looking back at his debate against Joe Crowley over the stimulus, Ryan seems prescient:
And watching him respond to Chairman Neal last year demonstrates how hypocritical Democrats are when they talk about the deficit:
If those interest you, here are a few more that are worth attention:

Category: paul ryan

We live in a society -
"of the Government, by the Government, for the Government".
We are now slaves to A GREEDY government.

Wasn't Paul Ryan involved in setting up this coalition several years ago? At one time I had a bunch of information on it, because it appeared to be a good jumping off point by gathering businesses and politicians under one roof. But I can't find any of that now, and I can't find any reference to Congressman Ryan in the link. This is the membership page, which I thought at the time was pretty impressive since health care wasn't newsy at the time.

Soaring--do you know?
Coalition to Advance Healthcare Reform

Thank you for the link - I am not familiar with Congressman Ryan, but this clip certainly was impressive.
He has a grasp of facts and an affable determination to make his point - a point that is made clearly.

This Congressman could be one to watch...

Thank you for the link - I am not familiar with Congressman Ryan, but this clip certainly was impressive.
He has a grasp of facts and an affable determination to make his point - a point that is made clearly.

This Congressman could be one to watch...

I know I have more information on this somewhere in my piles of saved stuff, so I'll look further this weekend. I'm sure Rep. Ryan was one of precursors to its establishment.

I just wish Congress had taken the best single plans, such as that one, as their starting point rather than trying to write an entire new opus from scratch. They also could have taken the Cleveland Clinic model and extract the best from that. I guess it was just too simple to do it that way.
:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back